Golf cart connectivity south of 44

Closed Thread
Old 05-06-2020, 07:04 PM
Default Golf cart connectivity south of 44

My husband and I moved to Marsh Bend from St Charles a year ago.
We love our house and the neighborhood with it's parks but we really feel like second class citizens. Our agent told us that the golf cart bridge over the highway and our shopping center would be finished in the fall of 2019. Neither were finished and now they are putting the bridge over 44 to Chitty Chatty tonight. That Village was started six months after ours was completed. What gives? Have they forgotten about Marsh Bend and Fenny?
Old 05-06-2020, 07:30 PM
Michael Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olyarchik View Post
We love our house and the neighborhood with it's parks but we really feel like second class citizens. Our agent told us that the golf cart bridge over the highway and our shopping center would be finished in the fall of 2019. Neither were finished and now they are putting the bridge over 44 to Chitty Chatty tonight. That Village was started six months after ours was completed. What gives? Have they forgotten about Marsh Bend and Fenny?
Just because the bridge is being moved across Route 44 doesn't mean that it will be useable anytime soon. No one lives in Chitty Chatty yet and even if it did there are no ramps yet ready for traffic to cross. We're in McClure and we can't get over to Chitty Chatty because of the turnpike. We just get in our nice comfortable air conditioned car and go get our groceries.

Patience grasshopper, patience. Soon you'll be able to ride your golf cart all the way to Spanish Springs but for now just relax and think about the less fortunate people that are dealing with real issues like paying the rent and feeding their kids instead of that you can't go over the highway on your golf cart. I feel sorry for you.
Old 05-06-2020, 07:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

I have a bridge to sell you.
Old 05-06-2020, 07:40 PM

People can't be seriously planning on driving golf carts all the way from down south.
Old 05-06-2020, 07:48 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

Quote:
Since we didn't spend a lot of time looking around down there and am totally unfamiliar with where each village is exactly located (just using the various maps to try and orient), please excuse me if I ask some dumb questions.

As I understand your post, they are putting the second bridge over 44 (there's one over it now called Brownwood, correct)? Is there even a bridge over the Turnpike yet (Water Lily?), so that Fenney (and where you live) can even access the 44 bridges? If not, I would guess there's more issues getting one across the freeway than putting a second one over 44 (Chitty-Chatty?), so they decided to do that first. Or they figure they've already sold a lot of houses on the other side of the freeway and are just trying to make the villages still under construction more attractive for future sales? Are there even any finished and occupied homes, that can use either of the bridges (assuming there's two now) over 44 yet?

I can certainly understand your frustration though, if they are giving access to villages started after you've already been where you are for more than a year now.

Good luck.
Old 05-06-2020, 09:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARFAP View Post
People can't be seriously planning on driving golf carts all the way from down south.
Why not? I take my golf cart everywhere. My car gets use when I have to carry a lot of equipment or go outside The Villages which is about once a week.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 05-06-2020, 10:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Why not? I take my golf cart everywhere. My car gets use when I have to carry a lot of equipment or go outside The Villages which is about once a week.
.Yep ... we have just over 3000 miles on our 7 month old new car and almost 10,000 miles on our 14 month old golf cart (which to be fair is street legal so we can go to a few extra places a "normal GC can't). I'd have no problem traveling from one end of TV to the other (until it reaches Orlando which would be pushing it a bit). Probably about 70% of the 3000 car miles has been within the last 5-6 weeks.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 05-06-2020, 10:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARFAP View Post
Pack a lunch. On second thought......pack dinner too!
Old 05-07-2020, 04:58 AM
Veteran member

As you may soon find out ,the 4th generation are all about making money and selling houses sell'em and forget'em.
Old 05-07-2020, 05:17 AM

Oh yea. I bet they will!!! Just because they can...
Old 05-07-2020, 05:24 AM
Veteran member

For many the golfcart lifestyle is a major factor in their decision and they purchased a home below the turnpike based on that promise. I met someone at Millers who was very upset about it and wished he had never moved in.

So did The Villages realty intentionally lie to persuade people to purchase a home? I am interested in others thoughts who are better informed than me. Also what assurances about the Publix were made regarding the completion date?
Old 05-07-2020, 05:37 AM
Default I understand your frustration

Quote:
I think it's horrible that the developer hasn't included the amenities that the new areas need like stores and the ability to connect to those areas north of 44. When we viewed the open houses in their Parade of Homes, a realtor told us the wet weather last year has delayed the golf cart trails a year. A lot of good those bridges are if you can't use them. I guess more advertisement for the Villages is better than helping satisfy their residents.
Old 05-07-2020, 05:41 AM
Default Marsh bend

Finally good to hear someone respond to everyone complaining about what they are being denied during this virus outbreak. At times hear selfish complaints about being denied golf ,pickle ball and other things and pay less attention to safety and what we need to do to be safe. Nice to hear someone that is concerned about others who are meeting some serious challenges with this virus and includes not being able to work to pay bills and put food on the table. Maybe because most who live here are retired and on a pension don't have to worry about anything other than their favorite sport. Far as Fenny goes that is like being told the check is in the mail. Do you blame the builder or the Village realtor who sold you your place. Thanks again for your concern for others in your posting. By the way they may be putting the bridge in as the other one which still is not finished. When is the last time anyone heard anything from the builder. Most information I've been getting is from the person who fly's the drone around.
Old 05-07-2020, 05:47 AM
Default They lied to us all.

Quote:
Old 05-07-2020, 05:55 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656
Default South

It's all about the money.

Tags
bridge, finished, marsh, bend, fall

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.