Golf cart connectivity south of 44

Closed Thread
Old 05-07-2020, 05:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,138 Times in 5,374 Posts

We are new but they seem to take their time to build in the amenities. Still putting in shopping in the Brownwood area
Old 05-07-2020, 05:56 AM

Also wonder why the Publix on 466a is almost finished and the one south of 44, barely started.
Old 05-07-2020, 05:59 AM

I have looked at all the different areas and have stayed in three different locations north of the turnpike. I have visited all the areas to the south and found them to be distant but that may not be a bad thing as things move southward. In my humble opinion the problem is Brownwood is still being developed and isn't full or finished. If you look at it logically the developer has gotten a bit ahead of themselves and then the virus hit which is a big problem for development and property sales. Chitty Chatty was a place where many thought might be the best of both worlds, being closest to Brownwood, personally not for me. Stay well one and all.
Old 05-07-2020, 06:02 AM

Only believe in what you see and sometimes that is even questionable
Old 05-07-2020, 06:08 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,677 Times in 948 Posts

The developer does not "put in" shopping. No reason to build if no company has commited to place a store in the building. Now that the southern population has grown to the point that businesses are willing to come in, we see the buildings going up. As for what salesmen said a year ago - passing on the information that they had at the time is not telling lies. As for amenities - they were very clear about the order of things down here. We now have golf, pools, rec centers as promised. No problem. As for bridges - the traffic goes both ways. Some of us are in no hurry to see them.
Old 05-07-2020, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Why not? I take my golf cart everywhere. My car gets use when I have to carry a lot of equipment or go outside The Villages which is about once a week.
I live north of 466, and when Brownwood was new I drove my golf cart to it, with all the in an outs and cross overs and back, that was the first and last time. Sometime it just makes since to use your car.
Old 05-07-2020, 06:13 AM
Veteran member

Putting a metal bridge across a major artery like a turnpike running North and South is a major operation. I drove to Orlando on Tues and the majority of the traffic were trucks hauling food, probably medical items, and other necessary things. You will have to STOP that truck traffic at some point or set up a detour. At this point I would think the priority is letting the trucks roll.
Old 05-07-2020, 06:17 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,144 Times in 884 Posts

I feel for you Patty. It doesn't matter if one is able to use their car, what was promised to you should be honored, and certainly before the next new village gets theirs. Maybe a petition to the developer might be helpful?
Old 05-07-2020, 06:25 AM
Veteran member
Default You should have stayed in beautiful St. Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olyarchik View Post
My husband and I moved to Marsh Bend from St Charles a year ago.
We love our house and the neighborhood with it's parks but we really feel like second class citizens. Our agent told us that the golf cart bridge over the highway and our shopping center would be finished in the fall of 2019. Neither were finished and now they are putting the bridge over 44 to Chitty Chatty tonight. That Village was started six months after ours was completed. What gives? Have they forgotten about Marsh Bend and Fenny?
Why did you ever leave St Charles? No bridges, lots of shopping, pools, rec centers, restaurants, golf and 5 minutes from Sumter Landing.
Old 05-07-2020, 06:29 AM

If you have watched some of Gold Wing (drone footage of the construction) , they talk about the golf cart paths and show new paths as they prepare to complete bridges and connectivity between them all the way south to Fenney and Marsh cove. Due to liability and people just getting in the way, the Utube footage asks people not to cross barriers into construction zones, but it shows them doing it and so I would expect until it’s a safe area no carts on the area. Unfortunately, I would think connectivity for this area will be a 2021 event depending on construction and sales and safety factor. Watch it on Utube, the guy puts a new one about every three months. Gold wing productions on Utube.
Old 05-07-2020, 06:29 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,872 Times in 789 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
.Yep ... we have just over 3000 miles on our 7 month old new car and almost 10,000 miles on our 14 month old golf cart (which to be fair is street legal so we can go to a few extra places a "normal GC can't). I'd have no problem traveling from one end of TV to the other (until it reaches Orlando which would be pushing it a bit). Probably about 70% of the 3000 car miles has been within the last 5-6 weeks.
My recollection is that I checked the driving time from the north to the south end of The Villages by golf cart, using the Villages GPS ap, and it was close to 90 minutes! Compared to less than 30 minutes by car. That could be wrong. It’s been a few months since I checked. Are you on a mission to explore every street in every village? That would be fun. Swim in every pool. Play every golf course. Learn the distinct character of each.
Old 05-07-2020, 06:42 AM

Hi Patty,
Welcome to The Villages! Everything always takes longer then expected but I’m sure the bridges will be up soon and you will be motoring along in your golf cart.
Old 05-07-2020, 06:42 AM

We were promised by our salesman many times before buying land in Fenney that we'd be fully connected "at the latest" by May of 2019. We built in Fenney with this understanding. Here we are in the middle of 2020 and we're not connected and have no golf cart shopping either. If i had known this area would still not be connected I would have never built in Fenney.
Old 05-07-2020, 06:43 AM

I bought my house in the Village of Buttonwood in 2011. There was no stores nearby and I had to drive over to Rt 441 to get the things I needed. However in 2017 things started to develop on Rt 466A and now I have a Lowe’s, gas station, grocery stores and many other places I can shop at and they are only a little over a mile from my house. As someone had already said you need to be patient and soon you will be able to drive your golf cart everywhere and have the services you need. Until then relax and have a cocktail and enjoy what you have. Life is short so don’t spend it worrying about things you can’t control.
Old 05-07-2020, 06:58 AM

Well said. Patience is something all zhould have learned by now. After 22+ yrs in The Villages I have learned to just enjoy all that we have here and as things come into play enjoy those as well. Stay safe everyone. Good things come to those who wait.
Closed Thread

Tags
bridge, finished, marsh, bend, fall

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.