Golf cart with defunct brake lights almost got slammed

Closed Thread
Old 02-19-2015, 08:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

If the guy didn't have brake lights, he did do something wrong. YES HE DID.

Whazzamatta you??????????

My cart has brake lights. Sweetie's cart has brake lights and they stay on for awhile, even after you park and get out.

Turn signals stay on until the lever is manually put back in the off position.

My brake lights stay on for about 15 seconds after a complete stop (just timed them) as do most carts I have seen.

I believe the person in the stopped cart should have had the turn signal on and brake lights on long enough for a vehicle behind to catch up to it on a busy street like Rio Grande. I also believe that the OP shouldn't have gotten close to the stopped cart if the OP as paying attention to his driving.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 02-19-2015, 10:09 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post
Turn signals stay on until the lever is manually put back in the off position.

My brake lights stay on for about 15 seconds after a complete stop (just timed them) as do most carts I have seen.

I believe the person in the stopped cart should have had the turn signal on and brake lights on long enough for a vehicle behind to catch up to it on a busy street like Rio Grande. I also believe that the OP shouldn't have gotten close to the stopped cart if the OP as paying attention to his driving.

I think the OP's point is that if the lights aren't working, the cart driver may not know it. And they wouldn't be on for the 15 seconds after the foot was lifted from the brake pedal. With no visible lights, a trailing vehicle may not realize the cart has stopped. I think the OP has not blamed the cart driver for the incident, but just put forth the idea that people should periodically check their carts to make sure all the lights are functioning normally.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.