Golf Cart Gas

Old 01-31-2024, 09:25 AM
Default Golf Cart Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by perlsvilla View Post
Hello ..I'm here visiting my parents. They recently bought a gas golf cart. That salesman told them it's best to get gas at the Villages Golf Cart store because it's pure ethanol and no additives. Is this true? Can they use regular gas from any station? Is premium gas better? Thanks, Perl

I have been driving the family golf cart in The Villages area since 1998. Same golf cart, same Murphy USA unleaded gas for over 20 years with NO problems.
Old 01-31-2024, 09:27 AM
Default Weed Whacker Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwoodrick View Post
Learned my lessons the hard way. Yes I have had to replace the carburetors on a small generator and Weed Wacker. The problem, regular gas. I now use non Ethanol Gas in the small engines. Since I paid much more for my Golf Cart I think I will use non ethanol Gas.

Aren't those 2 cycle engines that require an oil mixture?
Old 01-31-2024, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perlsvilla View Post
Hello ..I'm here visiting my parents. They recently bought a gas golf cart. That salesman told them it's best to get gas at the Villages Golf Cart store because it's pure ethanol and no additives. Is this true? Can they use regular gas from any station? Is premium gas better? Thanks, Perl
My cart is a 1997 Yamaha and I've almost never put anything into it other than Regular from my corner Circle K. I get 42 miles per gallon. Some people swear by the 'marine gas' sold at the Villages golf cart dealerships and I did try it one time. The only difference I noticed was a higher charge on my credit card.
Old 01-31-2024, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryRomeu View Post
Gas golf cart engine are 4-cycle and use an oil pan just like your car as opposed to having to mix oil with the gasoline to lubricate the engine. Check the oil on a regular basis, get it changed once a year.
Old 01-31-2024, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryRomeu View Post
Yes. I replied above thinking the question was still about golf cart engines. my bad.
Old 01-31-2024, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phousel View Post
Where did you get this information.
Octane has nothing to do with the amount of ethanol in the fuel!!!!
87 octane and 93 octane could (would) be 10% ethanol at most gas stations.
Excerpt from Rex Energy on Ethanol content in gasoline:
Frequently Asked Questions
Does 93 Octane Have More Ethanol Than 87?
Yes. 93 octane does have more ethanol than 87. There is a common misunderstanding that ethanol is present in lower amounts in higher octane gas. In reality, it contains more.

Although pure ethanol has a minimum octane rating of 100, it behaves as though it has a value of 112 when combined with premium gasoline. Ethanol is used more, not less, in higher-octane mixes like Esso’s 93 and Petro Canada’s 94.
Old 01-31-2024, 12:12 PM
Gold member

I didn't even take Organic Chemistry, but did take English and can read my Yamaha manual. It says use E10 (regular) gas. That's what I use.
Old 01-31-2024, 12:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrf0151 View Post
Excerpt from Rex Energy on Ethanol content in gasoline:
Frequently Asked Questions
Does 93 Octane Have More Ethanol Than 87?
Yes. 93 octane does have more ethanol than 87. There is a common misunderstanding that ethanol is present in lower amounts in higher octane gas. In reality, it contains more.

Although pure ethanol has a minimum octane rating of 100, it behaves as though it has a value of 112 when combined with premium gasoline. Ethanol is used more, not less, in higher-octane mixes like Esso’s 93 and Petro Canada’s 94.
There’s a difference between adding ethanol to boost octane and adding 10% ethanol to all blends. 10% is 10% whether it’s 87 octane or 93.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Tags
gas, golf, cart, pure, ethanol

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.