Golf Cart Gasoline Leak

Closed Thread
Old 01-13-2012, 10:02 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGuys View Post

The cart was designed to run on regular. Using high test is a waste of money. It's your wallet making you feel better. Or your druggin the preminum with addative that makes it work! That I cannot answer.

Save your money, Use regular and a good fuel treatment once every 5 or 6 gallons if your running every day. The fuel treatments with regular will give you a better bang for the buck than preminum by itself.

Good luck CarGuys. I've been preaching this for awhile but still people insist on giving their money away. Might as well get a witch doc to chant and shake a few bones over the cart.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:27 AM

Hi CARGUYS - what you say makes a lot of sense - what kind of a "good fuel treatment " would you recommend? Like many others I've been told to use premium/Stabil but questioned that - so good to hear you support regular and a good fuel treatment. Thanks for keeping us mechanical clutzes informed!
The Villages
Old 01-13-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Preminum has less British Therman Units of heat energy, Regular has the highest next to Diesel for a fuel.

The cart was designed to run on regular. Using high test is a waste of money. It's your wallet making you feel better. Or your druggin the preminum with addative that makes it work! That I cannot answer.

Aghhhhhhhh the smell of over dossed Carts running on Stabil! Makes the tunnels so plesant to drive through. NOT!

Wait till gas hit 4:25 again. Them preminum tanks will be sooooo full of ethanol because no one will pump it. It accumulates.

Thats why you buy at a high volumn station. How do I know its my busines to test it report it and work with Fuels.

Save your money, Use regular and a good fuel treatment once every 5 or 6 gallons if your running every day. The fuel treatments with regular will give you a better bang for the buck than preminum by itself.

We recently proved this. Preminum fuel was so degraded that BMW's were haveing acceleration problems. The preminum tanks had what we call wet Gas! That means it is so saturated with water absorbed by the ethanol that it cannot burn.

I also have had this problem with Harley Davidson that require preminum fuel.

Last good fuel produced was in 1966. Remember those years!
great info from one who knows about these things...thanks
Old 01-13-2012, 10:53 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
It is usually the piscus that gets caught up in the modat. This in turn causes the frimmframm to swell and deflate causing a unexorable leak through the thigamajig. While not an alarm for danger in and of itself, it can cause a usurption in the rodecki. Usually a mechanic can fix it for a few bucks or try to sell you a new golf cart. No need to thank me.
whatever.
In reality, they're different!
Old 01-13-2012, 11:31 AM
Gold member

Quote:
All classic car owners or anyone with a mower chain saw or weed eater that parks it in your garage should be aware that ethanol will eat the hoses from the inside out, Peroid end of discussion. And nooooooooooooooo all the Stable in the world is not going to stop this.
I can vouch for that. Quality counts too. I have had both a Skil chainsaw and a Stihl chainsaw (German made) for 30 years. The Skil had it's inside the tank hose eaten away years ago and I never could figure out why. The Stihl is still going strong.
In reality, they're different!
Old 01-14-2012, 12:05 AM
Gold member
Default Stabil

BlueDog 103

I remember your previous posts and was drawn to support your knowledge of the subject.

I am going to suggest to all of you who are willing to listen.

This is very very simple. Google K-100 and AMSOIL Quick Shot!

If you are running regular fuel through your cart every couple of days you are fine. If you leave ethanol fuel untreated in your fuel tank, Any Tank that is not completely sealed from air then the fuel starts to immediately absorb mositure. This can degrade octane corrode internal carb circuits and degrade performance. And in a Florida garage you have MOISTURE!!!!!!

Why some people have been confused by the buy Preminum theory. Some Preminums have been degraded to Regular and some Regular degraded to less than. It is all very confusing to the poor consumer,

Now some fuel treatments will allow the water to pass through the engine. I did not say burn ,I said pass through. So we have miss fires and unburned fuel passing out the exhaust. NOT GOOD! And over addatives also add to the problem.

I know some people that still use dry gas that is full of denatured Alcohol. Thats like add more Alcohol to already over Alcohol fuel.

There are superior fuel treatments that will attract the water absorb it and really burn it. They will also help combustion restore performance and improve fuel economy.

I have worked with Marinas that have had entire fleets not start because of " Wet" fuel.

So what can you do.

Use regular fuel. When you fill your tank at " THAT TIME" while filling add a product called K-100 or AMSOIL Quick Shot. pm me if you need contacts.

It is important as others have stated mix when you fill not as a after thought. K 100 will work after the fact however when you fill it is still best. This is because the treatments will then encapsulate the water and allow it to burn " Poor mans Hydrogen" .

In your garage if you do not use five gallons of gas within a week get rid of that can and keep a one gallon sealed can. YES you generator people better listen up.

If your cart is stored for more than a month make sure the fuel has been treated and that the fuel treatment has made it through the carb into the float bowl and up through the circuits.

This is why fuel injected carts like cars are so superior. With fuel injection there is no float bowl full of sitting fuel no float no needle and seat to corrode. The new fuel pumps are Alcohol proof, Fuel Tanks are now made of Ethanol resistant plasic composit or even steel.

I was never going to have a Gas cart only Electric. Because of the ethanol fuel and emissions of a carb vehicle. However now Yamaha has brought out a Fuel Injected Cart and others are following.

Well enough of my blabber I gotta get up tomorrow for my Radio Show.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:52 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingtothevillages View Post
Hi CARGUYS - what you say makes a lot of sense - what kind of a "good fuel treatment " would you recommend? Like many others I've been told to use premium/Stabil but questioned that - so good to hear you support regular and a good fuel treatment. Thanks for keeping us mechanical clutzes informed!
I've tried all types and find my Yamaha 2011 gas runs better and quieter on premium gas with a little Stabil. It doesn't pound going up hills with premium but does with regular. For me a few pennies is not a big deal...maybe for you...

"The difficult we can do immediately the impossible just takes a little longer"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.