Electrical engineer in the house?

Closed Thread
Old 01-10-2022, 02:05 PM
Default Electrical engineer in the house?

I have a espresso coffee grinder with a failing timer on/off switch. I would like to replace the timer switch with a toggle switch. I do not need the timer part at all, a simple on/off toggle would be perfect.There are 4 wires going to the timer switch. 2 blue and 2 brown. Can anyone help me with buying the right toggle switch and how to put the wires in the correct position on the new toggle switch? I have a schematic of the wireing. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-10-2022, 02:45 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,247 Times in 362 Posts

without seeing the schematic my guess is that the timer triggers a relay that controls the power transformer. You will need a multi meter to find the power wire (low voltage DC) and the ground wire. Attach those 2 to the switch.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 01-10-2022, 03:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

I can help you, send me a PM so we can get together, I may even hav ethe correct switch in stock.
Old 01-12-2022, 06:47 AM
Default Thanks for the giving of your time and talent

I just want recognize the Villagetinker for the great repair/mod on my mazzer espresso grinder. A talented man who is kind and a true gentleman. As I made my espresso this morning I realized what a great guy he is!
Old 01-12-2022, 07:18 AM
Veteran member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinSanto View Post
I just want recognize the Villagetinker for the great repair/mod on my mazzer espresso grinder. A talented man who is kind and a true gentleman. As I made my espresso this morning I realized what a great guy he is!
You have confirmed my observations from many things posted here , the guy deserves kudos , he has given a lot of good solid insightful advise as well as hands on help
Old 01-12-2022, 10:02 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Agreed!
Old 01-12-2022, 06:03 PM

For me what elevates Village tinker is the fact that he can not only solve a problem but he actually offers assistance. Many people can solve problems but refuse to share their knowledge let alone offer to actually fix it and may welcome you to his workshop. Think about that! One of kind.
Old 01-13-2022, 10:52 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Another thumbs up for VillageTinker. A very helpful guy!!
Closed Thread

Tags
switch, toggle, timer, on/off, wires

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.