Golf Cart insurance

Closed Thread
Old 11-15-2007, 04:18 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Re: Golf Cart insurance

jtdraig
Glad I could help.....it certainly was an eye opener with the difference in price between USAA and Villages Insurance but once "Sandy" the Office manager in Spanish Springs explained how each policy was written it made sense ie Auto rates vs recreational vechicle rates. AAA must also use recreational rates. Im am surprised that USAA offers this Glof Cart insurance as part of your auto insurance for normally they are very competitive and if they know they are not offering the best product they simply will not offer it and make you look elsewhere.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:11 PM
Veteran member

784....When I called USAA to cancel my golf cart insurance, I told the Rep that I had secured a policy at half the price and he was shocked. I also told them that while they were wonderful for houses and cars they didn't know "golf carts" and he said that I was right! I think I spent all of 20 minutes at Villages Insurance in LSL. If anyone else goes, they need your golf cart VIN, the cost of your cart, driver's license for both husband/wife or whatever, and that's about it.

Thanks again 784!!!!!!!!!!!
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 11-17-2007, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingersmom
Get separate insurance for your golf cart. The insurance through your homeowners will not cover you for bodily injury and uninsured motorist. We have the same coverage on our cart as we have on my husband's truck. It's only $105 per year and we're totally covered.
Added cart insurance yesterday on a seperate policy for $104.00. For the difference of 4 bucks the cart is insured for the full amount which includes bodily & unisured motorist for the full price of purchase then prorated. Whereas with a homeowners policy addition it's $ 100.00 per year but covers only upto 5K.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.