Golf Cart Insurance Skyrocketing.

Old 03-05-2024, 10:38 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRoySmith View Post
I just priced insurance for a new cart from State Farm. I have multiple other lines of insurance and a credit score of about 825.
LOL, you don't even have collision and comprehensive on that quote.

All these folks with so-called cheap insurance may want to look at what their policy actually covers.
Old 03-05-2024, 01:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,914 Times in 918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGibson View Post
LOL it's not my first insurance rodeo but thank you to everyone else for useful information.

Not all policies and protections are the same so just throwing a premium and deductible number out there doesn't tell the whole story of what coverage you actually have.

After speaking to someone who does insurance as a career has informed me rates in TV are slowly increasing for golf carts because of all the DUI's, accidents and carts jacked up to go faster than 20 MPH and so many uninsured carts.

This was bound to happen with such expansion in TV.
so the someone with a career in insurance states "Slowly increasing" and the title post "Skyrocketing" , that may be where the hyperbole results in certain responses. large percentages on small dollars are still small dollars.

I agree witheverything in the quote above.

However, I am also thinking that its easy for someone who buys car insurances all their life, wants a similar policy size for a golf cart. Am thinking that car weight x speed causes a multiples times larger debris field than a golf cart, so physical damage and liabilities should not have the size of coverage than a car does.

The question is what's a reasonable level of coverage for a golf cart in TV? and what's the price for that. .

which is precisely to your point about what's in the coverage in the premium, totally agree. .

also don't know what the insurance stats collected on golf cart cost and specs have as an influence on the golf cart. Some of us have sh!t boxes, 10 years old, etc, versus a brand new, top end lithium battery, cart. As a data guy, there is golden explanations in that heap of data
Old 03-07-2024, 03:22 PM
Default Golf cart premiums

Quote:
I just got my renewal from Foremost and they want $78 more on top of the $309 I was paying them for a 2023 Yamaha with no claims filled.

Progressive wants $279 on a 10k/20k plan with comprehensive and $1000 deductible.

Geico won't do insurance on a golf cart unless it registered with the state.

The value of the cart drops significantly in the first year so I don't understand a 75% increase from last year.

Anyone know of any reputable golf cart insurance companies with competitive pricing.

I have an impeccable driving record, great credit and never filed a claim in my life for anything.
Allstate has the best rates. Call 352-245-2423 for a quote.
Old 03-07-2024, 03:32 PM
Default Physical Damage is comp & collison

[QUOTE=JGibson;2307920]LOL, you don't even have collision and comprehensive on that quote.

All these folks with so-called cheap insurance may want to look at what their policy actually covers.[/QUOTE

Physical damage is Comp & Collison
Old 03-07-2024, 05:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,914 Times in 918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorfan1 View Post
Will self insure for that, ie, not worth the cost for a $12 K golf cart, with very low probability of totalling a golf cart.
Old 03-07-2024, 06:58 PM
Veteran member

[QUOTE=Gatorfan1;2308618]
Quote:

All these folks with so-called cheap insurance may want to look at what their policy actually covers.[/QUOTE

After days of this thread and 35+ posts....the truth enters the equation. I appreciate you posting. My only confusion is why would any insurance broker fail to advise a client on what some would see as a major component of a policy? Unless everyone posting low premiums blew off the recommendation
Old 03-07-2024, 07:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post

After days of this thread and 35+ posts....the truth enters the equation. I appreciate you posting. My only confusion is why would any insurance broker fail to advise a client on what some would see as a major component of a policy? Unless everyone posting low premiums blew off the recommendation
Nope, didn't blow off the recommendations, have looked and confirmed I have full coverage at a rate about half of what the OP claimed he was quoted.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 03-07-2024, 07:35 PM
Veteran member

Golf Cart Insurance on The Rise in The Villages | Sumter County Injury Lawyers

Just an interesting article/ad I found....
Old 03-07-2024, 08:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
The article appears to be over 10 years old. Yes, insurance rates have risen since then.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 03-12-2024, 08:38 AM

Quote:

All these folks with so-called cheap insurance may want to look at what their policy actually covers.
On recreational policies (which this is) Comp and Collision are listed as physical damage.

I don't think 180 a year for golf cart is is a cheap policy, do you? I'm curious what your coverages are and your annual premium.

lol

Last edited by LeRoySmith; 03-12-2024 at 08:49 AM.
Old 03-12-2024, 08:46 AM

Quote:
I just got my renewal from Foremost and they want $78 more on top of the $309 I was paying them for a 2023 Yamaha with no claims filled.

Progressive wants $279 on a 10k/20k plan with comprehensive and $1000 deductible.

Geico won't do insurance on a golf cart unless it registered with the state.

The value of the cart drops significantly in the first year so I don't understand a 75% increase from last year.

Anyone know of any reputable golf cart insurance companies with competitive pricing.

I have an impeccable driving record, great credit and never filed a claim in my life for anything.

Could be to too many DWI’s and accidents!
Old 03-12-2024, 04:16 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
Will self insure for that, ie, not worth the cost for a $12 K golf cart, with very low probability of totalling a golf cart.
Theft should be your biggest concern. Pick up truck and/or trailer gone in < a minute
Old 03-13-2024, 08:44 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Nope, didn't blow off the recommendations, have looked and confirmed I have full coverage at a rate about half of what the OP claimed he was quoted.
Confirmed? What over the phone.

We obviously have different coverages for a much different value cart.

That physical damage may be for liability.

Personally I want to see the words Collision and Comprehensive with actual value.

But whatever I didn't come here to have a insurance measuring contest especially with so many different cart values and variables.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1720.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	103290  
Old 03-13-2024, 09:20 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgibson View Post
confirmed? What over the phone.

We obviously have different coverages for a much different value cart.

That physical damage may be for liability.

Personally i want to see the words collision and comprehensive with actual value.

But whatever i didn't come here to have a insurance measuring contest especially with so many different cart values and variables.
You're right, I have more coverage and lower deductibles for less cost.

Liability coverage is in the section labeled "Liability to Others." Physical damage to my cart is covered under Comprehensive and Collision.

You do see the words "Actual Cash Value at time of loss" on the Collision and Comprehensive lines. You could ask about "Full Replacement Cost" though that will certainly come at a higher price.

You're original post mentioned a $78 increase to a $309 plan an a Progressive quote of $209 for a $10K/$20K plan with a $1,000 deductible. What you just posted looks like a Progressive quote for $215 for a $100K/$300K plan with a $500 deductible. That seems like a pretty good quote compared to what you first described.

You asked about reputable companies with competitive pricing. To me, Progressive is a reputable company and the pricing seems very competitive.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-13 095737.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	103293  

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 03-13-2024, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
You're right, I have more coverage and lower deductibles for less cost.

Liability coverage is in the section labeled "Liability to Others." Physical damage to my cart is covered under Comprehensive and Collision.

You do see the words "Actual Cash Value at time of loss" on the Collision and Comprehensive lines. You could ask about "Full Replacement Cost" though that will certainly come at a higher price.

You're original post mentioned a $78 increase to a $309 plan an a Progressive quote of $209 for a $10K/$20K plan with a $1,000 deductible. What you just posted looks like a Progressive quote for $215 for a $100K/$300K plan with a $500 deductible. That seems like a pretty good quote compared to what you first described.

You asked about reputable companies with competitive pricing. To me, Progressive is a reputable company and the pricing seems very competitive.
The pricing and coverage on your 23 ezgo is nearly identical to my 24 evolution, I think my uninsured has higher limits and my cart value is likely much less than yours. I'm confident in both state farms and progressives claim handling and reputation.

This makes me feel better about what I thought was too high cost for a golf cart.

Tags
cart, golf, insurance, year, increase

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.