Golf cart rental

Old 02-23-2024, 11:16 AM
Default Golf cart rental

Can anyone please suggest where to rent a golf cart for next season? The Villages Golf Cart prices are OUTRAGEOUS!

Thanks, Perl
Old 02-23-2024, 01:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,160 Times in 2,252 Posts

I believe there are a few that advertise in the Daily Sun, I have never rented a golf cart, so I cannot give advice on any vendor, but this would at least be a place to start with calls.
Old 02-24-2024, 08:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

How much are TV golf carts to rent? Last time I did one, it was pretty reasonable.
Old 02-24-2024, 09:10 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,687 Times in 973 Posts

There are private folks who rent a few out. Not sure about their prices vs. The Villages Golf Cars...

One thing you should consider and make sure you understand when you rent a golf cart is who, if anybody, will insure you for any liability you may incur should you have an accident. What I think you will find is the answer is NOBODY.

Do not assume you are covered by your homeowners, auto, or personal umbrella. You most likely are not. Do not assume that your rental agreement assigns that risk to the owner of the cart. It most likely does not.

I ran into this when I was a seasonal renter. What I found out was that the only way I could get liability insurance for a golf cart was if I owned the golf cart. And then it was pretty reasonable. However, for a rental, it was simply not available.

With all of the golf cart traffic, and runners/pedestrians wearing dark clothing in low light conditions, and bicycles, I was not comfortable taking on that risk without insurance. I bought a cart, found storage for it while I was away, and figured that if I never bought a home here I would have no trouble selling the cart later if I wanted to sell it, and it probably wouldn't take too many rental years to offset any depreciation and expenses I'd incur.

Be careful.
Old 02-24-2024, 09:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,408 Times in 2,069 Posts

They were charging $400/month not too many years ago (2021 maybe); quite the increase since then.

Other places I looked at back then:
JJ Golf Cart
Don Cunningham
gofcartrentalsthevillagesfl.com
Christy's

I believe we went with JJ Golf Cart but I can't find the receipt to know for sure.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 04-16-2024, 10:59 AM

I have a LONG list of vendors that rent golf carts (mostly for monthly periods).

Golf - The Villages 101

The internal Villages Golf Cart stores do rent on daily and weekly basis. The take reservations IN ADVANCE for weekly minimum, but you can walk-in to any store and rent on a daily basis (about $38) without a weekly reservation and the should have inventory of 2-seaters (except Christmas and Easter!)
Old 04-17-2024, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perlsvilla View Post
Can anyone please suggest where to rent a golf cart for next season? The Villages Golf Cart prices are OUTRAGEOUS!

Thanks, Perl
I can't help with vendors, a quick google search returned quite a few in the area. Do heed the advice about insurance.

Met a woman who was hit months ago by an uninsured golf cart driver. She spent time in the hospital and has recurring issues. Her medical insurance covered those expenses. She is now suing the driver personally, he has assets and since uninsured they are at risk. The driver is also being sued by the golf cart owner. Decide on your level of risk

Tags
golf, cart, outrageous, prices, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.