Golf Cart rules of the road.

Closed Thread
Old 11-26-2020, 05:54 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Doubt if the Developer can enact state laws......
Nobody’s asking them to. The law is already enacted anyway. The statement was “the developer is not enforcing...”

Last edited by LiverpoolWalrus; 11-26-2020 at 06:15 PM.
Old 11-26-2020, 06:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiverpoolWalrus View Post
Nobody’s asking them to. The law is already enacted anyway. The statement was “the developer is not enforcing...”
Didn’t realize that the “developer’ had law enforcement authority
Old 11-26-2020, 07:28 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Didn’t realize that the “developer’ had law enforcement authority
Maybe not, but isn’t this the developer paying lip service to “enforcement”? Now I’m on the floor laughing! Golf Cart Requirements | The Villages Florida
Old 11-26-2020, 08:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote:
Maybe not, but isn’t this the developer paying lip service to “enforcement”? Now I’m on the floor laughing! Golf Cart Requirements | The Villages Florida
I hope you're not under the impression that your link is affiliated with the developer.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 11-26-2020, 08:15 PM

The rules for golf carts on the road are the same as cars. There is no room for courtesy if it is contrary to the traffic laws. It just causes confusion and confused people on the road cause accidents.
Old 11-27-2020, 11:31 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
I hope you're not under the impression that your link is affiliated with the developer.
Then I sit corrected. You and others might be right that the developer technically has zero enforcement authority other than advisory, as in the link. Or are you saying the link, which comes from the Villages’ own literature, has nothing to do with the developer? I would think all the official Villages’ website and written literature has to be at least rubber stamped by the developer, no?

In any case, the important take away here for newbies and outsiders and for everyone’s personal and vehicle safety, is that in the Villages, cars yield to golf carts, whether we like it or not, and regardless of whether that tradition is consistent with Florida law.

And it matters not who is failing to enforce the way it’s legally supposed to be.
Old 11-27-2020, 11:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote:
Then I sit corrected. You and others might be right that the developer technically has zero enforcement authority other than advisory, as in the link. Or are you saying the link, which comes from the Villages’ own literature, has nothing to do with the developer? I would think all the official Villages’ website and written literature has to be at least rubber stamped by the developer, no?

In any case, the important take away here for newbies and outsiders and for everyone’s personal and vehicle safety, is that in the Villages, cars yield to golf carts, whether we like it or not, and regardless of whether that tradition is consistent with Florida law.

And it matters not who is failing to enforce the way it’s legally supposed to be.
What I'm saying is that the link you provided is not an official Villages website. It appears that it's from the Villages GPS or maybe even affiliated with TOTV. If it was the Developer's website it would be from thevillages.com.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 11-27-2020, 12:07 PM
Default Your question speaks for itself.

As someone who drives everyday for over 30 years the vehicle nor the rules matter until something happens. It is of small consequence what the rules were supposed to be if you or someone else gets hurt or worse. Many do not know the rules, some do not care and more do know and don't follow them. It doesn't matter what you are driving always think defense and if you anger someone and you both drive away so be it. Be safe!
Old 11-27-2020, 05:54 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
What I'm saying is that the link you provided is not an official Villages website. It appears that it's from the Villages GPS or maybe even affiliated with TOTV. If it was the Developer's website it would be from thevillages.com.
Got it. Thanks, Ken. BTW, is that the left coast of Florida or the U.S.?
Old 11-28-2020, 07:33 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloanst View Post
The rules for golf carts on the road are the same as cars. There is no room for courtesy if it is contrary to the traffic laws. It just causes confusion and confused people on the road cause accidents.
True, but cars are much bigger than carts. Enjoy the ride!
Old 11-30-2020, 09:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

RULES????? We don't need not stinkin' RULES!
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

Tags
car, cart, thinking, turn, intersection

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.