Golf Cart Safety

Closed Thread
Old 05-20-2008, 07:19 PM
Default Golf Cart Safety

I feel compelled to write this to impress upon everyone the importance of treating a golf cart with respect.

On April 25, I was walking to my car in Spanish Springs when a golf cart which had just been in a parade came up behind me and knocked me to the ground, breaking my leg. I am just home from a week in the hospital and 15 days in rehab. I am looking forward to three months before I can even try to put weight on the leg and who knows how much longer before I am again mobile.

Nobody means for these things to happen. We must, however, realize that when driving a golf cart, it is important to be as attentive as if we are driving an automobile. Golf carts are not "party boats" on which we are out to have a good time. Driving a golf cart deserves our full attention and we should always be sure to not to operate it when our vision is obstructed.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:38 PM
Sage
Default Re: Golf Cart Safety

Awww, Pat...that's terrible. I wish you a full and speedy recovery. I recall your earlier posts in that you are a new Villager...so sad to have to endure this so soon after buying here. I hope this does not diminish your future enjoyment of this wonderful place.

You are absolutely correct...golf carts should be treated like vehicles not kids' toys. If your post makes one person think twice before doing something foolish, we'll all be better off.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07
Awww, Pat...that's terrible. I wish you a full and speedy recovery. I recall your earlier posts in that you are a new Villager...so sad to have to endure this so soon after buying here. I hope this does not diminish your future enjoyment of this wonderful place.

You are absolutely correct...golf carts should be treated like vehicles not kids' toys. If your post makes one person think twice before doing something foolish, we'll all be better off.

As always, V07 hit the nail on the head. I too am so sorry to hear about your injury. I know that no one intends to have such an accident and it is a very intense heads up you have given me.

I hate to think of you unable to enjoy the things you had so looked forward too.

With kindest and warmest wishes for a very fast and full recovery.

GracieGirl
Old 05-21-2008, 12:54 AM
Veteran member

What was the driver doing that he/she couldn't see that they were about to mow down a pedestrian? Sounds like they may have been under some influence. Driving a cart is no different than driving a car. Keep your eyes open drivers!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.