Golf Cart Ticket

Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2013, 11:55 PM
Gold member

I notice that daily!

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bieniaszek View Post
"Have you ever noticed that anyone driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac??!!" -- George Carlin
In reality, they're different!
Old 03-23-2013, 06:25 AM
Veteran member

Just curious - Why is a hollywood stop called a hollywood stop? (And yes, I do think OP deserved a ticket.)
Old 03-23-2013, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc Moser View Post
Did you know you have to stop behind the stop sign or white painted line across the road and not roll out into the intersection then stop or worse just keep going and confusing everybody guessing are you going to stop or what?. Did you know before your inline at 4 way stop you have to stop first and of course behind the stop sign. Did you know that the person on the right has the right-a-way if you meet at the 3 or 4 way stop at the same time. So don't be susprised if you still get ticket for stopping beyond the stop sign. Any policeman an hang out at any stop sign and give tickets all day long, but most of the time they have more important things to do.
Sorry incorrect on several points. BUT you research and you figure out the three different points that are incorrect so you can learn from your Sooooo many "Experts" on this site that haven't a clue!
Old 03-23-2013, 04:51 PM

I think we all must be defensive drivers in both golf carts and vehicles. There have been 4 occasions where I have been stopped at stop signs in my golf cart waiting to proceed. Drivers in golf carts are making short turns almost impacting the front of my cart. I was actually hit on one of those incidents. (I am not sticking out). The problem: drivers not making a proper turn. If you recognize yourself here. Please be more courteous and make a proper 90 degree turn in your cart just as you would in your vehicle.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:00 PM
Sage
Default From Title XXIII Motor Vehicles

State of Florida Motor Vehicles Section 316.001
316.123 Vehicle entering stop or yield intersection.

(1) The right-of-way at an intersection may be indicated by stop signs or yield signs as authorized in s. 316.006.

(2)(a) Except when directed to proceed by a police officer or traffic control signal, every driver of a vehicle approaching a stop intersection indicated by a stop sign shall stop at a clearly marked stop line, but if none, before entering the crosswalk on the near side of the intersection or, if none, then at the point nearest the intersecting roadway where the driver has a view of approaching traffic on the intersecting roadway before entering the intersection. After having stopped, the driver shall yield the right-of-way to any vehicle which has entered the intersection from another highway or which is approaching so closely on said highway as to constitute an immediate hazard during the time when the driver is moving across or within the intersection.

(b) At a four-way stop intersection, the driver of the first vehicle to stop at the intersection shall be the first to proceed. If two or more vehicles reach the four-way stop intersection at the same time, the driver of the vehicle on the left shall yield the right-of-way to the vehicle on the right.

Last edited by Mikeod; 03-23-2013 at 05:02 PM. Reason: More information
Old 03-23-2013, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JourneyOfLife View Post
Sorry that happened. Good to hear that no one was killed.
Oh Katie, I am so sorry to hear this. I am crying reading it. Yes, that area is very dangerous when the Snowbirds are here and traffic is furious, especially during the Holidays.

Thank God that people stopped to help. That makes my heart swell with happiness. I hope that your Mom is still doing okay.

Off topic, I fell in the backyard 4 years ago and was in the hospital 4 days. To this day, I can not go to that area in the yard. I freeze up!!
Old 03-23-2013, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyC View Post
OP states rolling thru a stop sign, asks about a 14 year old.
I am missing something?
This must have been on a STREET, not a golf cart path?
I assume that a 14 year old can drive on a path, but NOT in the street?

So, apples and oranges?
I have seen kids as young as 12 with grandpa, grandma in the front seat, driving down the road on the side of the street reserved for golf carts. When I see that, I get the Hell outta there.

Old 03-23-2013, 05:37 PM
Default Katie's car accident

Last edited by USSGompers; 03-23-2013 at 06:20 PM. Reason: entered twice
Old 03-23-2013, 06:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
So which half are you in?

Bill
I'm from Michigan. I don't use blinkers.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I'm from Michigan. I don't use blinkers.

Bill
Old 03-23-2013, 06:35 PM
Sage

Having lived here nearly 4 years, I like many of you have seen many traffic violations and rolling through stop signs is one of them "IF" I remember my driver's ed class from 50+ years ago. The law is the law and lost points is one of the results of not complying. We "ALL" need to be careful and vigilant here. I've been out and about a number of times when a near accident (from another party's non-compliance) almost happened.

I can't say I feel a lot of sympathy for the OP at this time.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.