Golf Cart Turntable

Closed Thread
Old 04-23-2012, 09:23 AM
Platinum member
Default Golf Cart Turntable

Today's Daily Sun included a section Salute to Business, which mentions a Villages couple who invented and now sells a turntable for your garage. You pull your golf cart in normally and then spin it around, eliminating the need to back out. What a great idea. They don't mention the cost but you have to admit the concept has merit, particularly in CYV's which all have curved driveways, and 1 1/2 car garages.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:38 AM

That does sound like a good idea if it's cost effective. I have has a fusion in my neck and I found it was difficult to turn and look to see when backing out of a CYV.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:21 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryoung View Post
Today's Daily Sun included a section Salute to Business, which mentions a Villages couple who invented and now sells a turntable for your garage. You pull your golf cart in normally and then spin it around, eliminating the need to back out. What a great idea. They don't mention the cost but you have to admit the concept has merit, particularly in CYV's which all have curved driveways, and 1 1/2 car garages.
I'd like to see this work with a car parked in the garage, I know I couldn't spin my cart on a turntable and clear the car, there is just enough room with the cart facing in (or straight). To turn the cart on a turntable I would need a few more feet in width of my garage. If I have to pull my car out to use it I still have to back my car out!
Old 04-23-2012, 11:06 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneycat View Post
I'd like to see this work with a car parked in the garage, I know I couldn't spin my cart on a turntable and clear the car, there is just enough room with the cart facing in (or straight). To turn the cart on a turntable I would need a few more feet in width of my garage. If I have to pull my car out to use it I still have to back my car out!
A standard sized golf cart is about 4' W x 8' L. Therefore you would need at least an 8 foot circle to turn it (9' to give a few inches fore and aft). That is wider than a car. I don't see how that would work in a 1 1/2 size garage without moving the car.
Seems to me it is simpler to just learn how to back up. If you can't back a cart, I hate to think what happens with a full size car!
Old 04-23-2012, 11:26 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim 9922 View Post
A standard sized golf cart is about 4' W x 8' L. Therefore you would need at least an 8 foot circle to turn it (9' to give a few inches fore and aft). That is wider than a car. I don't see how that would work in a 1 1/2 size garage without moving the car.
I'd like to think that the folks selling the turntable would bring one over to see if it would work for you--before you made the commitment. The garages in the CYVs vary with the model, plus the cabinets and shelves you may have added subsequently.

Quote:
Seems to me it is simpler to just learn how to back up. If you can't back a cart, I hate to think what happens with a full size car!
Agreed, but you also have to accept the fact that the curved driveways for CYV's are tight and can be challenging.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:01 PM
Sage

Just a thought:

If space is really tight in the garage, maybe consider backing your cart in, especially if you need to park it close to a wall or something. With the steering wheels to the rear while backing it in, you'll find the cart to be more maneuverable when trying to keep it close to a wall.

It'll seem pretty awkward at first, but practice will make perfect!

Bill
Old 04-23-2012, 12:09 PM
Veteran member
Quote:
Agreed, but you also have to accept the fact that the curved driveways for CYV's are tight and can be challenging.
You got that right! Especially if you have a vehicle parked on one side of driveway and a brick landscaping wall along the other side of the driveway! I think the turntable is a neat idea, especially for those who don’t have full range of (twisting) motion. It would probably work very well if you have the needed space. I applaud their ingenuity.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:53 PM
Gold member

Quote:
I'd like to think that the folks selling the turntable would bring one over to see if it would work for you--before you made the commitment. The garages in the CYVs vary with the model, plus the cabinets and shelves you may have added subsequently.

the largest villa has a 15'5" width which would still be too small for a turntable leaving at most 6' for the car width.
The curved driveway presents little challenge to a golf cart that can turn on a dime, I've never had a problem with the cart...a car, however, is another story.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:01 PM
Sage

They have a website with a video showing its operation. The site does not have a price, but does have contact information. Cart Carousel Inc.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
They have a website with a video showing its operation. The site does not have a price, but does have contact information. Cart Carousel Inc.
Thanks. I looked earlier and did not find that. Good for them.

I found another couple of solutions which try to solve storage issues in a similar way. I had no idea such things existed until today.

ATV, Lawn Tractor & Golf Cart Parking System - P&S 5000

And a video from Youtube:
Quote:
Originally Posted by whyYoutubenoworkie
Old 04-23-2012, 02:39 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
Thanks. I looked earlier and did not find that. Good for them.

I found another couple of solutions which try to solve storage issues in a similar way. I had no idea such things existed until today.

ATV, Lawn Tractor & Golf Cart Parking System - P&S 5000

And a video from Youtube:
they do look pretty neat, it would make 2 carts and a small car fit neatly in a 1.5 car garage!
Old 04-23-2012, 03:43 PM
Platinum member

You've got to admire the ingenuity of folks like this.

Personally, I'm usually happy to just do the simplest, which might be to just back out with the beeper making unpleasant noises! But, that someone would even think to come up with what appears to me to be a very simple concept excites me!

More power to these creative people! Even should they only sell a handful of their gadgets, methinks that's successful! :-)

SWR
Old 04-23-2012, 03:47 PM
Sage

I saw the ad in the paper and the first thing that came to my mind was the problem with exhaust in the garage, which would quickly enter the house. That is the reason I don't back my cart, motorcycle or car in. You don't want to start up with exhaust pumping into garage, then pull out and shut the door.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:36 PM
Default cost?

If anyone knows (or finds out) cost for this, please let us know.

Thanks
Old 04-23-2012, 10:49 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
I saw this at the home show they had at the Polo Fields a few months ago...it looked really neat. They showed how it worked. Another toy we all need in TV!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.