Golf carts and cart lane

Closed Thread
Old 10-30-2015, 09:41 AM

Driving along the MMP the other day along Buena Vista near Pinellas. There were three carts in front of us all driving along at around 20 mph. A cart with two young men came from behind us and tried to pass without realizing the path became divided a short distance ahead. When they realized they could not pass they had to cut back into line almost hitting another cart. Next these same guys decided to pass on the right in the grass median between Buena Vista and the MMP. Once again they came to a stop when the median was blocked by trees and landscaping. They finally got back in line and turned onto Pinellas and continued their journey.

Both moves were "stupid" and served no purpose. It was obvious that their cart was properly limited to a max of 20 mph and their aggressive driving served no purpose. Therefore I agree that no matter what steps are taken on the roads or paths there will always be people behind the wheel that will act stupidly. Notice that I mentioned these guys were young (probably around 30 max) so getting older had nothing to do with their poor driving habits.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,062 Times in 2,539 Posts

Also, if people going to bull**** or ask for directions please move OFF the paths. Stopping in the middle of any road not wise decision. Also walkers, bikers, not good idea to ride or walk two abreast on blind corners. Other day due to over grown shrubs on corner three walkers facing traffic on MM path with golf carts meeting at the corner. Luckily both golf carts drivers wasn't taking the curve too fast and was able to quickly stop. The three walkers keep on like nothing was wrong blocking both lanes.
Old 10-30-2015, 10:47 AM
Sage

Also when you have relatives visiting, think how long it took to learn the lay of the land and how to drive in the villages. So, why do you hand the keys to your golf cart to anyone over 14 years and expect them to drive safely in The Villages.

And you let your children drive a golf cart with your grand child being held in their arms & you're sit alongside the driver.
Old 10-30-2015, 01:10 PM

When I head down the road in my cart I am not trying to set a land speed record. Sometimes, just sometimes, some guy will get on my tail and when he has the chance speed on by me. He doesn't even wave. If you are in that much of a hurry, take the car and leave the cart at home. How can so many folks be in that much of a hurry when they probably don't even work. They're retired..Take it easy....Enjoy life.
Old 10-30-2015, 01:47 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Driving a golf cart is fun !!!!!
Weeeeeeeeeeeee hear I come !!!
Old 10-30-2015, 08:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,455 Times in 2,432 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMSr View Post
Driving along the MMP the other day along Buena Vista near Pinellas. There were three carts in front of us all driving along at around 20 mph. A cart with two young men came from behind us and tried to pass without realizing the path became divided a short distance ahead. When they realized they could not pass they had to cut back into line almost hitting another cart. Next these same guys decided to pass on the right in the grass median between Buena Vista and the MMP. Once again they came to a stop when the median was blocked by trees and landscaping. They finally got back in line and turned onto Pinellas and continued their journey.

Both moves were "stupid" and served no purpose. It was obvious that their cart was properly limited to a max of 20 mph and their aggressive driving served no purpose. Therefore I agree that no matter what steps are taken on the roads or paths there will always be people behind the wheel that will act stupidly. Notice that I mentioned these guys were young (probably around 30 max) so getting older had nothing to do with their poor driving habits.
This was the fault of their Daddy for letting them take the cart!

Tags
golf, cart, left, accidents, lane, worth, post, saves, it.gc, life, correct, data, write, whatsoever, negative, stat, grammar, people, year, carts, died, merge, turn, traffic, drivers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.