Golf Carts Over Priced

Closed Thread
Old 09-21-2021, 11:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
Considering that a nice 18hp John Deere lawn tractor can be bought for around $3000, Paying 6x that amount for something with 2 seats and an engine seems excessive to me. Yes, I know there are differences. Do it with batteries and an electric motor and the prices seem even crazier.
I prefer electric golf carts for their quiet, reliability, and the gifts to clean air that they bring to the table! Someone will say that they are unreliable - but electrical motors always require less downtime and maintenance than their infernal combustion engine counterparts. Think about it this way - electrical motors have a continuous circular motion. Gas engines have several pistons FLAILING about up and down - the pistons start then stop and reverse over and over causing maximum friction. One motor is SMOOTH and quiet the other is LOUD, VIBRATES, BELCHES SMOKE, and is hard to maintain.
And several very intelligent posters have mentioned "supply and demand" as determinates of price. True....... .....not counting any area cartel-like MONOPOLIES or price gouging and excess profits - which may or may not be going on in TV Land. On the DEMAND side for electrical golr carts.......if DEMAND increased - prices EVENTUALLY would be driven downward - and supply would INCREASE.
In a perfect capital market system TV Land would have greater choice for both gas and electric vehicles - and let the BETTER product win! And remember when you buy a GAS car or golf cart you INDIRECTLY reward the MIDDLE EAST - WHILE hurting your grandchild lungs by way of the less clean air that they will breathe.
Old 09-21-2021, 12:08 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Bolen View Post
Villages Golf Cars' willingness to service cars not purchased from them may fluctuate depending on how busy their technicians are (or perhaps depending on other varying factors). Last year I was checking out cars at the Lake Sumter location and personally witnessed (saw and overheard) a mature-looking gentleman who drove in his non-villages car for service being told that they would not service his golf car because he had not purchased it from them (the car owner was surprised and pretty upset BTW). The incident gave me pause and caused me to consider whether it would be worth the extra $$ to purchase from them to ensure reliable local service.
I would think that if the cart was under warranty, any "authorized dealer" would be required to service it. Out of warranty, and you would have to find an independent service agent to do the work. There seems to be plenty of these around TV.
Old 09-21-2021, 12:25 PM

The cart we bought last fall has gone up a grand!
Old 09-21-2021, 01:15 PM

We bought a brand new cart, fully loaded at LSL and could not be happier. We love our nice, quiet gas Yamaha cart and we can drive from Mallory to Fenney area with gas to spare. Whatever makes you happy in life is what you should do. Enjoy it while you can. Amen.
Old 09-21-2021, 01:47 PM

A year ago the prices were about $1,500 less expensive.
Old 09-21-2021, 02:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,935 Times in 2,457 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
I think The Villages should develop a drag strip and road course for golf carts.

We have one called MMP.
Old 09-21-2021, 02:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
I prefer electric golf carts for their quiet, reliability, and the gifts to clean air that they bring to the table! Someone will say that they are unreliable - but electrical motors always require less downtime and maintenance than their infernal combustion engine counterparts. Think about it this way - electrical motors have a continuous circular motion. Gas engines have several pistons FLAILING about up and down - the pistons start then stop and reverse over and over causing maximum friction. One motor is SMOOTH and quiet the other is LOUD, VIBRATES, BELCHES SMOKE, and is hard to maintain.
And several very intelligent posters have mentioned "supply and demand" as determinates of price. True....... .....not counting any area cartel-like MONOPOLIES or price gouging and excess profits - which may or may not be going on in TV Land. On the DEMAND side for electrical golr carts.......if DEMAND increased - prices EVENTUALLY would be driven downward - and supply would INCREASE.
In a perfect capital market system TV Land would have greater choice for both gas and electric vehicles - and let the BETTER product win! And remember when you buy a GAS car or golf cart you INDIRECTLY reward the MIDDLE EAST - WHILE hurting your grandchild lungs by way of the less clean air that they will breathe.
gifts to clean air

Do you know where residential electric comes from? Everything made from, produced from, and mined from fossil fuels majority of electric produced from fossil fuels. You may feel better but it’s stilll dirty.
Old 09-21-2021, 02:23 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,606 Times in 943 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
gifts to clean air

Do you know where residential electric comes from? Everything made from, produced from, and mined from fossil fuels majority of electric produced from fossil fuels. You may feel better but it’s stilll dirty.
Wait til he finds out how they mine the lithium for the batteries.
Old 09-21-2021, 04:28 PM
Default Other options

I bought my 2017 Yamaha from Cunningham in KT, came with the wheels and tires, windshield, turn signal indicators for 8k, then had the enclosure, dashboard, liquid lights, and extras added for 2k at Villages Discount, the equivalent to what TV was charging 13.5k at the time. That was late 2016, saved 3.5k at the time, included shipping to TV.
Old 09-21-2021, 05:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Who do you think makes the lithium batteries for electric carts?

-Tom Petty
Old 09-21-2021, 06:00 PM

I"m there bro!
Old 09-21-2021, 06:41 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Same carts up north are half the price.
Old 09-21-2021, 08:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
gifts to clean air

It is hard to rationalize bad behavior that leads to bad and really terrible outcomes for ones' future generations. Talk about mining and lithium batteries all you want, but tide generation, solar farms, and wind farms are the FUTURE and the internal combustion engine will be a historic relic like horse-drawn carriages and the steam engine. Get with the program and the future - buy electric vehicles and golf cars!
Old 09-21-2021, 08:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
It is hard to rationalize bad behavior that leads to bad and really terrible outcomes for ones' future generations. Talk about mining and lithium batteries all you want, but tide generation, solar farms, and wind farms are the FUTURE and the internal combustion engine will be a historic relic like horse-drawn carriages and the steam engine. Get with the program and the future - buy electric vehicles and golf cars!
Too bad none of those things will power a golf cart...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-21-2021, 09:38 PM
Sage

Quote:

Too bad none is that will happen for another 100 years. We will all be dust. Naturally nothing lasts for ever.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, priced, carts, $$$$$, ride

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.