Golf carts at squares and shopping centers

Closed Thread
Old 11-23-2016, 05:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,933 Times in 2,456 Posts
Default Golf carts at squares and shopping centers

Looks like there another golf cart chop shop ring starting up?. (or maybe the guy that got caught got out of jail and back in business???) Other news has report another stolen Golf cart at Spanish spring Square area. that's two this month that was reported I think?

Was newer Yamaha gas cart, I doubt is had universal key type ignition switch?

So, guess we need to be aware of our surroundings, take precautions to protect our investment is our prized possessions.

Anybody got any suggestions on extra security other than the boot that may help your fellow villager's?
Old 11-23-2016, 08:20 PM
Default Stop or Slow Cart Theft

Maybe the use of a good quality chain wrapped around the steering wheel spokes (after turning the wheel fully in one direction) and down to the brake pedal and then back up to the steering wheel with a quality padlock? That would be a royal pain in the back-side but getting a custom "ignition" switch doesn't seem to slow them down - they just drag the cart away most likely. I'm not sure the chain would work a whole lot better but worth a try as not much else is working.
Old 11-24-2016, 03:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Years ago kids in Napoli 'owned' the parking areas. You gave them a few lira to guard your car/truck from theft, or getting keyed. You paid or something would def. happen to vehicle.
Maybe an opening for an enterprising teen in the squares, although not suggesting the keying threat!
Old 11-24-2016, 09:05 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

On our last visit to TV in October, my wife stuffed her purse into one of the lock enabled boxes in our 2007 electric Par Car. Upon returning to the cart, I couldn’t get any power indication after trying every trick that I knew of to get us moving. As I was about to call cart aid, she mentioned that she had a hard time removing the purse from this compartment when leaving the cart. Upon examination of the compartment, I discovered a kill switch that I didn’t know existed after having owned the cart for two years.

I might start utilizing it if I can only remember that I did.
Old 11-24-2016, 09:16 AM
Sage

Put a simple inline fuel cut off valve from the fuel tank to the carb or out of the fuel pump to the injector--they use them on marine out board engines-- the cart will start but crap out real soon & most likely in the least opportune location
Old 11-24-2016, 05:33 PM

There has to be an alarm system you can buy (if you are getting the new Yamaha's) or removable steering wheel maybe?

Tire boot is only 115$ And you just throw it in the back when not in use.

You could also hide a tiny key finder Bluetooth tracker, that would locate your cart on your phone (which you could show the police, I don't think Florida police play around).

I am also really into this subject as I am about to buy a new cart.

Last edited by TheDude; 11-24-2016 at 05:59 PM. Reason: maybe not the Tile
Old 11-24-2016, 06:11 PM

I found this, these are the highlights. PM me and I will send you the link if you want, but everything needed is below.

GPS & Golf Carts
'That is why it is almost imperative that they be outfitted with GPS tracking devices.'
'The device that provided the location information was from Rocky Mountain Tracking. The model that was installed in the cart was the Smart Tracker.'
'... Smart Tracker is that it allows you to install the device on an asset such as a golf cart without activating it and incurring monthly monitoring charges. You can install them, and then activate them remotely as needed.'
'With the available geo-fencing option, you can get text alerts if the cart breaks a boundary set by you.'
'... the price comes in at under $200.00!'
'... you can add a starter interrupter for less than $25.00. This way, once you discover that the vehicle has been stolen, you can render it inoperable while you wait for police to make a recovery.'
Old 11-24-2016, 08:27 PM
Platinum member

You can install a device from your current cell phone company where you can track your cart's every move from your smart cell phone. I have this device on my vehicle. It can unlock the car if I lose my keys. It can tell me where my car is parked if I forget. It is a wonderful device! I got mine with my cell plan for less than 3 bucks a month for the monitoring and the device itself was less than $50 to purchase...

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Old 11-24-2016, 09:37 PM

I want to know more, I like this. Hope AT&T does it.
Old 11-28-2016, 10:11 PM

Found out the new 2017 Yamaha have personal ignition keys.
Old 11-29-2016, 09:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparty6971 View Post
Maybe the use of a good quality chain wrapped around the steering wheel spokes (after turning the wheel fully in one direction) and down to the brake pedal and then back up to the steering wheel with a quality padlock? That would be a royal pain in the back-side but getting a custom "ignition" switch doesn't seem to slow them down - they just drag the cart away most likely. I'm not sure the chain would work a whole lot better but worth a try as not much else is working.
I use a longer chain and go thru the wheel on each of the tires, thru the steering wheel spokes, and then attach the chain to the nearest tree or fire hydrant. It takes a few minutes to get it all done, but my cart is always there when I can find it.
Old 11-29-2016, 09:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
You can install a device from your current cell phone company where you can track your cart's every move from your smart cell phone. I have this device on my vehicle. It can unlock the car if I lose my keys. It can tell me where my car is parked if I forget. It is a wonderful device! I got mine with my cell plan for less than 3 bucks a month for the monitoring and the device itself was less than $50 to purchase...

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
This would definitely help me find my cart when I have been drinking a lot.
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, golf, aware, type, universal

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.