Golf Club Rental

Closed Thread
Old 12-06-2009, 11:05 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Golf Club Rental

We're coming the TV for a visit again in the summer. With all the flight restrictions on luggage, we'll not be able to bring our golf clubs this time. Is thee a good place to rent clubs for a week, while we're there?
Old 12-06-2009, 04:49 PM
Veteran member
Default club rental

Clubs can be rented from any of the championship courses. In October we rented a set for 9 holes. Think I was charged $7. I'm sure there are weekly rates.
Phil
Old 12-06-2009, 05:28 PM
Default Easy and cheap

We rented clubs during our lifestyle visit. They are available from any country club and are decent. I am a left handed woman and they even had some for me. I think we paid $15 for each round. Much better than trying to travel with clubs!
Old 12-09-2009, 12:35 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Thanks.... This is exactly what I needed. We're traveling from Germany, where we live at the moment, so lugging golf clubs 5,000 miles would not be any fun!
Old 03-24-2010, 09:49 PM

This post is older but how about updated info on club rental. We come April 3 and AirTran will stick me for $90 or so to travel with my clubs. I don't anticipate playing more than 3 times the week I'm there so what is the latest price to rent a set for 18 holes?
Thanks
Old 03-24-2010, 10:36 PM
Veteran member

Still 15.00 for 18 holes/7.50 for 9 holes for day of play. Another words no weekly rates at the championship courses. Nice set of clubs, new this year and worth the rental. All you need are tees, golf balls and a game. Call any championship course prior to desired date of play. Worked for us............
Old 03-25-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster View Post
Still 15.00 for 18 holes/7.50 for 9 holes for day of play. Another words no weekly rates at the championship courses. Nice set of clubs, new this year and worth the rental. All you need are tees, golf balls and a game. Call any championship course prior to desired date of play. Worked for us............

Well 2 out of 3 ain't bad!

Thanks much.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:27 PM
Gold member
Default Golf club rental

I'm not sure if the rental clubs are the same at all TV courses but on my first visit I rented from Lopez. The clubs were Walmart Specials. The next visit we brought our own clubs and enjoyed the Cane Gardens course more. Most higher handicap golfers would be OK with the rental clubs but if you play TaylorMade at home...you may not like the rentals. We put both sets of our clubs into one travel bag and then borrowed a second bag at the course (TV rules....each player must have their own bag). Another idea is to visit a golf store and check for longer term rentals. Most golf shops will let you rent top of the line demo clubs (need a deposit) for several weeks.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.