Golf Course Conditions - Where Does that $8 a month go ??

Old 03-08-2024, 05:16 PM
Default Golf Course Conditions - Where Does that $8 a month go ??

You don't have to go far to hear about the golf course conditions, but has anyone questioned this.......

The Villages "Tee Time Server" (website) pulls in $8 a month ... times ... 12 months a year ... times 70,000 (??) subscribers ... equals a guesstimated $6,000,000.00 plus a year.

I have no idea if 6+ million dollars is going to the District or the Developer or both (my guess), but it's a "web server" ! Does it fund the staff at the Tee Time Office ??? If so, that's a lot of staff!

On March 5th, there was a wonderful post by Rich Iwaszko about the need for Superintendents (I called them "Greens Keepers" when I grew up). If my front lawn looked like some of the greens in The Village - I would expect a letter from the District that my neighbors have complained about my lack of maintenance of my property!

I would think some of that $8 a month I pay (6+ million a year for all of us) could be put towards agronomists and superintendents that know how to deal with an El Nino winter ? I've played at Continental, Harbor Hills and even Silver Spring Shores - they seem to know how to deal with it. and on and on and on, but.......

Making a tee time in The Villages is FREE - I could just call the Tee-Time office. So where is the $8 / month going ??

P.S. I hardly ever post here - but I love to help partake in the crusade to make life better for all.
Old 03-08-2024, 06:35 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,782 Times in 3,648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI_WxMan View Post
P.S. I hardly ever post here - but ........
"hardly ever"?????............this looks like your first.

Old 03-08-2024, 07:03 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 384 Posts

Golf course conditions is a topic that should be discussed much more frequently
Old 03-08-2024, 07:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,052 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Cant say the same things enough on multiple threads
Old 03-08-2024, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
From back in August.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	20230825_110421.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	103244  
Old 03-08-2024, 09:13 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,611 Times in 946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Cant say the same things enough on multiple threads
What if a dog pooped on Havana’s greens, and the dog left in a golf cart going faster than 20MPH, driven by someone from the Southern end of the Villages, up north to grocery shop?
That would be the Super Thread.
Old 03-09-2024, 06:53 AM
Sage

I doubt there are 70,000 subscribers. I would guess maybe 20,000 to 30,000. The percentage of people who play is probably less than you think and I know many regular golfers who don't subscribe to the website. But your point is well taken and I have wondered the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI_WxMan View Post
You don't have to go far to hear about the golf course conditions, but has anyone questioned this.......

The Villages "Tee Time Server" (website) pulls in $8 a month ... times ... 12 months a year ... times 70,000 (??) subscribers ... equals a guesstimated $6,000,000.00 plus a year.

I have no idea if 6+ million dollars is going to the District or the Developer or both (my guess), but it's a "web server" ! Does it fund the staff at the Tee Time Office ??? If so, that's a lot of staff!

On March 5th, there was a wonderful post by Rich Iwaszko about the need for Superintendents (I called them "Greens Keepers" when I grew up). If my front lawn looked like some of the greens in The Village - I would expect a letter from the District that my neighbors have complained about my lack of maintenance of my property!

I would think some of that $8 a month I pay (6+ million a year for all of us) could be put towards agronomists and superintendents that know how to deal with an El Nino winter ? I've played at Continental, Harbor Hills and even Silver Spring Shores - they seem to know how to deal with it. and on and on and on, but.......

Making a tee time in The Villages is FREE - I could just call the Tee-Time office. So where is the $8 / month going ??

P.S. I hardly ever post here - but I love to help partake in the crusade to make life better for all.

Tags
month, year, tee, time, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.