Golf courses in new Fruitland Park section

Closed Thread
Old 02-09-2014, 11:54 AM
Veteran member

I don't know if this image will be visable here or not, its kinda small. It seems to show a golf course under the power lines at the west side. I don't know if this is the whole area being discussed. Click on the attached thumbnail, then again in the picture that opens for a bigger view.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Fruitland-Park-Site-Plan.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	243.1 KB
ID:	32750  
Old 02-09-2014, 12:41 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynet View Post
its really a shame they have to take away the Sarasota practice area. Many villagers use it. There are already too few areas to practice. Too bad.
If you mean the driving range, I believe that will stay. However, I think the bunker practice area next to 466A will become part of one of the exec courses that have been on the drawing board for at least 5 years - unless these plans are changing as a result of the Fruitland Park addition.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJblue View Post
If you mean the driving range, I believe that will stay. However, I think the bunker practice area next to 466A will become part of one of the exec courses that have been on the drawing board for at least 5 years - unless these plans are changing as a result of the Fruitland Park addition.
We were told at our last meeting in January that the new championship course (27 holes) and the three execs at Sarasota are scheduled to open this fall.

The map of the Fruitland Park addition shows several exec style holes on the western boundary, but these are a significant distance from the execs at Sarasota, so I believe they are a new plan.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf2140 View Post
New Championship is called Belle Mede. Three Ex courses also will be built, not counting what happens in F.P.
The map I have calls the 27 hole championship course Belle Glade with the 3 nines named:
Calusa
Tequesta
Seminole
Old 02-10-2014, 01:06 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default Doubt open in 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeod View Post
There have been three execs planned in the vicinity of the Sarasota range for years. They are Sarasota (the practice area currently in use will be the second green of this course), Volusia, and Escambia. They are scheduled to open this year, late fall. The Fruitland Park addition had nothing to do with it.
These courses have been on the drawing board before Fruitland Park addition was purchased. Open this year---very much in doubt.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:47 AM

this notice 12/19/2013 The Village Sun: Belle Glade CC

NOTICE OF INTENDED AGENCY ACTION BY
THE SOUTHWEST FLORIDA WATER MANAGEMENT
DISTRICT

Notice is given that the District’s Intended Agency Action is approval of a Surface Water Management System ERP Standard General on 6.85 acres to serve a semi-public project known as Villages of Sumter – Belle Glade Country Club.]The project is located in Sumter County, Section(s) 12, Township 19 South, Range 23 East. The permit applicant is The Villages Of Lake-Sumter, Inc. whose address is 1045 Lake Sumter Landing, The Villages, Florida 32162. The Permit No. is 43023491.293.

The file(s) pertaining to the project referred to above is available for inspection Monday through Friday, except for legal holidays, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Southwest Florida Water Management District (District) 2379 Broad Street, Brooksville, FL 34604-6899 .
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.