Rudy Rally at Savannah Center

Closed Thread
Old 01-20-2008, 03:28 AM
Veteran member
Default Rudy Rally at Savannah Center

Stopped in at the Rudy Giuliani rally tonight at the Savannah Center when we saw plenty of parking as we returned from the "cruise in". We were surprised to see only a modest crowd inside that filled about half the facility. It started at about 5:40 p.m. The Florida A.G. spoke briefly. I was surprised to see Louie Freeh, the former director of the F.B.I. (for 10 full years) who I actually know from my law enforcement days in the Northeast (he is originally from Jersey City, was a former F.B.I. agent and U.S. Attorney for Southern District of New York). Jon Voight, the actor (Midnight Cowboy, Deliverance, The Champ, Mission Impossible, Pearl Harbor,and many others that I'm sure Taltarzac can list), also spoke.

Lots of media in attendance. It was pretty neat as the crowd was not overwhelming and when the place emptied out those that hung around got a chance to talk to Rudy one on one.

The celebrities stayed for quite a while after the speeches even though the crowd was remarkably thin by then. I got a chance to say hello and chat with Louie Freeh and Jon Voight was a very gracious gentleman personally chatting and taking pictures with anyone who was interested. He politely accepted and returned hugs and kisses from the ladies who kibitzed with him. He stayed until everyone who wanted to meet him had done so. Nice fellow in person. His daughter I believe is Angelina Joilett (sp). The nicest part was the fact that there were no crushing crowds or unruly, out of order fans. The Villagers were also a class act.

I have judiciously stayed away from the political talk so the administrator doesn't banish this post to the political thread.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:49 AM
Taltarzac
Default Re: Rudy Rally at Savannah Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabo35
Stopped in at the Rudy Giuliani rally tonight at the Savannah Center when we saw plenty of parking as we returned from the "cruise in". We were surprised to see only a modest crowd inside that filled about half the facility. It started at about 5:40 p.m. The Florida A.G. spoke briefly. I was surprised to see Louie Freeh, the former director of the F.B.I. (for 10 full years) who I actually know from my law enforcement days in the Northeast (he is originally from Jersey City, was a former F.B.I. agent and U.S. Attorney for Southern District of New York). Jon Voight, the actor (Midnight Cowboy, Deliverance, The Champ, Mission Impossible, Pearl Harbor,and many others that I'm sure Taltarzac can list), also spoke.

Lots of media in attendance. It was pretty neat as the crowd was not overwhelming and when the place emptied out those that hung around got a chance to talk to Rudy one on one.

The celebrities stayed for quite a while after the speeches even though the crowd was remarkably thin by then. I got a chance to say hello and chat with Louie Freeh and Jon Voight was a very gracious gentleman personally chatting and taking pictures with anyone who was interested. He politely accepted and returned hugs and kisses from the ladies who kibitzed with him. He stayed until everyone who wanted to meet him had done so. Nice fellow in person. His daughter I believe is Angelina Joilett (sp). The nicest part was the fact that there were no crushing crowds or unruly, out of order fans. The Villagers were also a class act.

I have judiciously stayed away from the political talk so the administrator doesn't banish this post to the political thread.
First time I heard of this visit was when they mentioned it on one of the national news programs at 6:30 pm this evening.

Angelina Jolie is Jon Voight's estranged daughter. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angelina_Jolie Estranged according to the tabloids anyway but who knows?

Here's a list of Voight's movies and other performances-- http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000685/

Good to hear you had a good time at this rally. :bigthumbsup:
Old 01-20-2008, 05:27 PM
Veteran member

Just another example of how any given day in the Villages can become an unexpected adventure. How does that go.... (Village) "life is like a box of chocolates...you never know what your going to get."
Old 01-21-2008, 08:07 PM

Sorry we missed the rally. We like Rudy but he doesn't stand a chance (this time around).

mm
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.