Good Cheese

Closed Thread
Old 06-03-2023, 06:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,570 Times in 3,130 Posts

I really miss the Hickory Farms stores. They always had a great variety, and samples! It was at the mall, not just during Christmas but a permanent store. It was always crowded on weekends. Mom would take us to the mall several times a year for clothes and lunch at Frank's (a slice of Sicilian pizza and a small Coke, and a single scoop of lemon Italian ice in a paper cup for dessert). We'd always stop by Hickory Farms for samples, a small Summer Sausage, and a 1/2 pound of a Smoky Bar (smoked cheddar/swiss blend or something like that).
Old 06-03-2023, 07:30 PM
Veteran member

Anybody know where I could get some Limburger cheese. My wife loves it and I have not any luck in finding it. TIA
Old 06-03-2023, 09:54 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,646 Times in 1,770 Posts

Although I love cheese I eat very little infrequently as It congests me. About all I can do is cut the cheese.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-03-2023, 11:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,029 Times in 459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodneysblue View Post
Anybody know where I could get some Limburger cheese. My wife loves it and I have not any luck in finding it. TIA
Limburger is another cheese that I keep an eye out for. I found it once in Publix. Limburger on rye bread with onions makes a nice sandwich.

Decades ago, I used to make Liederkranz and onion sanwiches. I miss it.

It appears that Chalet Cheese Coop of Wisconsin is trying to bring back Liederkranz. They also make a Limburger. Come the fall, I'm going to try ordering some stuff from them. They don't ship in hot weather.

Chalet Cheese website... click here.
Closed Thread

Tags
cheese, good, blue, pay, $10.59

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.