Good Neighbor Landscape

Closed Thread
Old 10-30-2021, 07:22 AM
Default Good Neighbor Landscape

My husband and I were two of the schmucks taken by Good Neighbor Service when we moved to TV 2 years ago. Fortunately, I documented every phone call, every missed service, kept every calendar, contract, etc. Over a year ago I started filing claims with the BBB who told me, according to the Division of Corporations, GNS was out of business so there was nothing they could do and suggested I file a claim with Senior Vs Crimes. They wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole and told me my only recourse was filing a claim with the Attorney General's office, which I did. In the meantime, I continued to fight with GNS just to get the service we paid for (and we never did). They still answer the phone as "Good Neighbor Service," although "Smart Service" shows on caller ID. "Bonnie," who answers the phone, has her spiel down to a science (this is a family operation). They are now operating as Central Termite and Pest. I told the AG's office I wanted my money back, but to date, I haven't seen dime one in return. Heck, they don't even answer my emails anymore. Since GNS continues to operate in TV, despite being jailed, despite the IRS going after them for tax evasion, despite all claims being filed against them, and all this for 15 years now, I don't hold out much hope that anything will be done to get these weasels off the streets. I was once told by a retired detective "don't knock our justice system. It sucks, but it's the only one we got." So there you have it. Just beware!!
Old 10-30-2021, 07:26 AM

I agree! He used to own service smart and there were over 300 cases against him. He just changes the name of his company!
Old 10-30-2021, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevision View Post
Just your friendly reminder to all newbies looking for landscapers. Stay away from Kenny Wayne Smith. Good Neighbor, is not so good or neighborly….. 352-266-4423 he has ripped off many people and continues to do it. Stay away…. Far far away…..
Also if your looking for home improvement work STAY AWAY FROM VIP HOME-IMPROVEMENT!!
This company does terrible work and have no license - slick talker to get your hard earned money - you have been warned!!
Old 10-30-2021, 08:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
They do good work, IF they do the work. They will go to all the new villages and knock door to door. They did my neighbors, 2 houses, and I watched them doing the work, so I hired him. Nicest guy too. Ponzi-sceme type thing. They took out my shrubs, never heard back for like 2 weeks, told me he forgot about me, came out put in the new plants and put down the weed barrier. That was in July. I finally heard he was in jail but is now out and most likely heading to Citrus grove area or wherever else is new to try and get some work. Also, he’s very fast to reply to texts but will give you the run around. I’ll be there Friday, then on Monday when you call/text he’ll tell you wed, it’s never ending.

I'm not trying to defend anyone or anything. In this case I have no experience. When we deal with smaller companies, like it or not we are betting that there will be no family issues. gambling issues, drug issues etc. A good reputation takes years to build. A bad reputation is far faster. Turning things around is virtually impossible. Contractors for example often go out of business and reopen under a different name.
Old 10-30-2021, 08:22 AM

Goneys is the best landscaper. Did all new landscaping with them after 20 years. They did a beautiful job, all laid out on the computer, so you can see how it looks, they are very professional, I recommend them always!
Old 10-30-2021, 08:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
OMG there are so many tough guys on this site, I bet you all miss living in the hood
There is no shortage of people hiding behind pseudo-names and their computer. Perhaps that is a good thing. Going to someones home likely crosses the line of criminal behavior.
Old 10-30-2021, 08:34 AM
Platinum member
Red face

Quote:
To confront him and ask him for my money back? I’m a 55 year old female who weighs about 135 pounds. I love where your head goes though. I guess our brains work differently.
Me tooo...
Old 10-30-2021, 09:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,929 Times in 1,113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimgarwel12@gmail.com View Post
My husband and I were two of the schmucks taken by Good Neighbor Service when we moved to TV 2 years ago. Fortunately, I documented every phone call, every missed service, kept every calendar, contract, etc. Over a year ago I started filing claims with the BBB who told me, according to the Division of Corporations, GNS was out of business so there was nothing they could do and suggested I file a claim with Senior Vs Crimes. They wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole and told me my only recourse was filing a claim with the Attorney General's office, which I did. In the meantime, I continued to fight with GNS just to get the service we paid for (and we never did). They still answer the phone as "Good Neighbor Service," although "Smart Service" shows on caller ID. "Bonnie," who answers the phone, has her spiel down to a science (this is a family operation). They are now operating as Central Termite and Pest. I told the AG's office I wanted my money back, but to date, I haven't seen dime one in return. Heck, they don't even answer my emails anymore. Since GNS continues to operate in TV, despite being jailed, despite the IRS going after them for tax evasion, despite all claims being filed against them, and all this for 15 years now, I don't hold out much hope that anything will be done to get these weasels off the streets. I was once told by a retired detective "don't knock our justice system. It sucks, but it's the only one we got." So there you have it. Just beware!!
there comes a time when the benefit to you might be less stress in your life by just letting it go rather to go on with something that’s never going to happen ,
Old 10-30-2021, 12:14 PM
Veteran member

New to TV, he came to the door and was pushing a yearly fee 1st, then he had a monthly quote. Since nobody used him around me, I took out the monthly plan. Glad I did. I had to call almost every week to remind them to mow or fertilize. Fired after 2 months. Now just doing it myself. 20 mins a week
Old 10-30-2021, 01:36 PM

Good Neighbor - NOT. They were good for the first couple of months with weekly mowing. Then every other week then once a month and then never came back. Calls to them provided no relief. I finally fired them before the end of 6 months. Lost about $450 dollars but at least I got rid of them. They also will tell you the cost is one year up front, half the price of the “other “ lawn services, guarantees, blah blah blah.

Not a company you want to contract with.
Old 10-30-2021, 06:36 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,076 Times in 432 Posts

Real estate closings, and transfer of ownership, are public records. He goes to the courthouse, and gets the list of all new homeowners, then shows up on your porch. He showed up on our porch the day after we moved in...but, we had been forewarned. I told him I knew all about him, and he had 5 seconds to get off my property or I would release the hound. Haven't seen him since.
Old 10-31-2021, 03:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,507 Posts
Default They all come

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMo50 View Post
Real estate closings, and transfer of ownership, are public records. He goes to the courthouse, and gets the list of all new homeowners, then shows up on your porch. He showed up on our porch the day after we moved in...but, we had been forewarned. I told him I knew all about him, and he had 5 seconds to get off my property or I would release the hound. Haven't seen him since.
They all come, unbidden, to be they first to test the new areas for easy marks.
Wouldn't it be nice if all residences came with "No Solicitors" signs.
Old 11-01-2021, 08:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
there comes a time when the benefit to you might be less stress in your life by just letting it go rather to go on with something that’s never going to happen ,
An intelligent, common attitude. However, David is my name. We all know the story of David and Goliath. If, all step down, Goliath wins. If, the tale is true we know who won.
Other lesson is had David fought the battle that Goliath wanted, expected, David would have died and the story would never be told.

I do not go looking for fights. Goliath-the bigger they are the harder they fall,.
Old 11-01-2021, 08:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ML Smith View Post
Good Neighbor - NOT. They were good for the first couple of months with weekly mowing. Then every other week then once a month and then never came back. Calls to them provided no relief. I finally fired them before the end of 6 months. Lost about $450 dollars but at least I got rid of them. They also will tell you the cost is one year up front, half the price of the “other “ lawn services, guarantees, blah blah blah.

Not a company you want to contract with.
You allowed him to steal half a thousand dollars from you. I would not. Look into small claims court. Assuming he is a corporation, he will be represented by an attorney. He pays for that. You do not have that expense. Come prepared. Read. You need to sue the right group, corporation etc. It is common for the corporation to be in the wife's name, kids etc.
Old 11-01-2021, 08:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,929 Times in 1,113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
An intelligent, common attitude. However, David is my name. We all know the story of David and Goliath. If, all step down, Goliath wins. If, the tale is true we know who won.
Other lesson is had David fought the battle that Goliath wanted, expected, David would have died and the story would never be told.

I do not go looking for fights. Goliath-the bigger they are the harder they fall,.
Excuse me but this guy has judgements against him going back 10 years and probably another 100 people waiting for judgements, with little chance of getting anything from him , some battles are just not worth fighting
Closed Thread

Tags
good, away…, neighbor, stay, reminder

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.