Good News!!

Closed Thread
Old 05-27-2020, 06:43 AM
Thanked 1,306 Times in 237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginpappas View Post
I was walking along the multimodal path this morning when 2 bikes, myself, a runner and two golf carts all came upon each other at the same time near a curve - Everyone was respectful and courteous as we waved good morning to each other and kept our distance. All is well in my universe this morning.
What you described is what happens probably 99% of the time. I ride four to five times a week. Walkers, Bikers, and cart drivers typically all interact well together. I’ve only ever had one incident when I was driving a golf cart where a biker would not get over to let me pass. I beeped my horn and started to go around him and once I got right beside him he started screaming. Won’t going to detail but it got ugly from there. Did not come to blows but close to it. There’s always that one Biker or Golf Cart that seems aggravated because they don’t have the entire path to themselves!
Old 05-27-2020, 06:53 AM
Soaring Eagle member

The first rule of golf carting in TV = press the pedal to the floor and keep it there. Second rule= Take curves at highest speed possible. Third = when approaching or exiting a tunnel, cut the corner to the inside (oncoming lane). Fourth--- you get the idea.
Old 05-27-2020, 07:10 AM

Quote:
I was walking along the multimodal path this morning when 2 bikes, myself, a runner and two golf carts all came upon each other at the same time near a curve - Everyone was respectful and courteous as we waved good morning to each other and kept our distance. All is well in my universe this morning.
Good for you. Unfortunately the golf cart drivers that are rude usually are the ones late for their tee time or they’re out sightseeing and not paying attention.
Old 05-27-2020, 07:15 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
No, not the cart drivers, because they are not the ones who will be injured when they hit us.

We walkers and bike riders cannot expect the cart drivers to behave in a considerate manner. We have to look out for ourselves.
That is exactly the reason why golf cart drivers should be vigilant. If you are driving a machine that can maim or kill, you have a responsibility to handle it safely.

Just adopting the old mantra that "I'm not the one that will suffer" does not cut it.

It just harks back to the common perception by some in TV that "multi-modal" refers to "gas or electric", not equally to all of the path's users.
Old 05-27-2020, 07:41 AM
Default Good News

Wow! Thanks for the positive thread. I agree with you. I walk everyday from Brownwood to Evans Prairie, and see carts, bikes and pedestrian traffic. Everyone is friendly and waves and yield as they should. It's what I would expect in TV. I know there are exceptions, but that is true everywhere. Always a few unhappy folks. Maybe if the rest of us smile at them they will come to our side, or maybe they are just happy being grumps!
Old 05-27-2020, 07:51 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Thanks for passing this along. It’s what I usually see as well. Actually, I don’t think it’s ever been anything but this
Old 05-27-2020, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
but not the golf cart drivers?
Just HAD to say something negative? Enjoy your day
Old 05-27-2020, 08:07 AM

thanks for posting this
Old 05-27-2020, 08:22 AM

Thank you for the positive post! I’ve only lived here a short time and have found the people here to be friendly and helpful. I am happy to be in this community and have not experienced any of the negativity expressed on this forum. Again, so happy to see positive posts.
Old 05-27-2020, 08:39 AM

Be thankful that most of the villagers are considerate!
Entitlement is bad!, practice some humbleness and just accept that there will be some rotten apples. Remember we are not in heaven YET 😜
Old 05-27-2020, 08:45 AM

Last week on the m\m path near the Bonnybrook gate I was cycling as three golf carts approached. Around the curve the golf cart behind me approached me at a fast pace and passed causing the approaching golf carts to get on the grass to prevent what could have been a serious accident. These are the moments you always have to be aware can happen
Old 05-27-2020, 08:47 AM

Taking photo at the lake on Bailey trail this morning.. A scream of "MOVE OVER YOU IDIOTS" made us jump. We looked and 2 cyclists in the cart lane, abreast of each other, being yelled at by cart driver who had to move out into the car lane in front of approaching cars, to avoid them. See it all the time..... heart rate just calming down now......
Old 05-27-2020, 08:58 AM

Ditto. The complainers take love out of TV.
Old 05-27-2020, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
And this is how a positive post starts to go down hill.
My thoughts exactly!!
Old 05-27-2020, 10:33 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I’m sorry I saw the title of this post and instantly thought of the first line of some old jokes. “A Rabbis,a Priest, Minister and a Duck walk in to a bar....”
Closed Thread

Tags
morning, good, respectful, courteous, waved

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.