Good Radio Station?

Closed Thread
Old 02-17-2014, 01:51 PM
Veteran member

Love my Sirius satellite radio. At home, in my office, in my truck. Can't beat the variety of programming.

east central Illinois, St. Louis, Baton Rouge, Houston, Atlanta, Birmingham, AL
Old 02-17-2014, 01:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I listen to WVLG about 90% of the time.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:40 PM
Veteran member

Try "tune in radio" on the internet or I pad and listen to whatever you want. More than 100,000 radio stations.

TuneIn: Listen to Online Radio, Music and Talk Stations
Old 02-17-2014, 04:01 PM
Veteran member

I listen to streaming radio daily, favorite is WDBO out of Orlando.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adk77 View Post
The local radio plays terrible music and runs FoxNews. Go with satellite radio.
Tolerance, diversity, and respect lacking in this response.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:33 PM
Veteran member

I have Sirius Radio with Fifties on Five being my favorite channel.However even Sirius is far from perfect.There must be 10,000 records from this era, so why should they play a song and then two days later they play that song again.I realize that certain songs were just so popular that to appeal to the masses, they are played over and over.But even with obscure songs they overdue it.For instance I bet very few people other than the "hardcore" oldies fan knows a song called "For God,Country,and My Baby" by Johnny Burnette.I have heard that song three times in the last two weeks.There are so many choices that you could go months even with twenty four hour radio,and not have to repeat a song.I'm sure the same pattern repeats with their other channels.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:56 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Today's network audio video recievers will allow you to listen to Internet radio, Pandora, Spotify, etc. I never hook up an am/FM tuner antenna anymore. Many of these recievers are multi zone and multi source. That means while hubby is watching the game in 5.1 surround sound in the living room, you can listen to Pandora outside on the lanai while your guests listen to there favorite local FM station from up north in the bedroom, all from the same reciever and controlled from a smartphone, tablet or PC. It's 2014, we have lots of great content available for Free. When we want and where we want...

Call or txt anytime @ (352) 388-1677

Tom@VillagerAV.com
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.