gourmet food market

Closed Thread
Old 07-20-2012, 01:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcisamax View Post
Oh. Are you saying that Market Fresh carries the same goods as Traders does but marks them up?
No.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 07-20-2012, 02:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

flying down in a week i will just pack my bags with trader joes stuff and sell it out of the trunk of my golf cart
Old 07-20-2012, 02:46 PM
Sage

Let me know what corner
Old 07-20-2012, 03:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Let me know what corner
of course there will be an up charge for the $25 bag fee but i don't think anyone will care
Old 07-20-2012, 03:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
flying down in a week i will just pack my bags with trader joes stuff and sell it out of the trunk of my golf cart

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 07-20-2012, 04:08 PM
Sage

I think you can make up that $25 very quickly from the looks of the stock here in TV.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
I think you can make up that $25 very quickly from the looks of the stock here in TV.
You really need to go to Fresh Market. TV has a limited audience, FM can draw from TV and the surrounding area. When you see that FM does indeed have quality cheeses, etc, you will likely change your tune. If the prices seem too high for you, well .......
Don
Old 07-20-2012, 05:47 PM
Sage

My tune? gee I didn't know I had a tune or one that needed to be changed....frankly all I ask is to get my brie NOT in a log...I shall definitely head over to Fresh Market and, from the stellar reviews, I anticipate great things. I think it is time to close down this thread. People are getting far too worked up over a simple inquiry. Over and out.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
My tune? gee I didn't know I had a tune or one that needed to be changed....frankly all I ask is to get my brie NOT in a log...I shall definitely head over to Fresh Market and, from the stellar reviews, I anticipate great things. I think it is time to close down this thread. People are getting far too worked up over a simple inquiry. Over and out.
Sorry if that sounded strong! I suppose I need to allow for more sensitive folks. How about "it may change your thinking?" You may find that there is decent deli cheese available. How about Brie in wedges, or in a whole wheel? I bet you find it!
Don

edit: I just noticed that you are in CT. When was the last time you were in TV? If you don't get down very often, or you are just using internet searches, you may not realize what is actually available near TV now. It is still growing.

Ps I didn't say you "need" to change your tune. I said you will likely change your tune. Whole nuther approach.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:31 PM
Veteran member

She is in The Villages.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:56 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
PLEASE! I'll take 3 cases of their own chuck white tuna packed in water. Best tuna in the world! (I actually plan on doing just that when I go to NYC in September...bringing a cooler, too!)
Old 07-20-2012, 10:42 PM
Veteran member

If you are not familiar with Fresh Market, read all about it:

The Fresh Market - Experience the Food!

"Inviting…comfortable…convenient. Our stores evoke different responses for every customer. Maybe you enjoy our daily sampling and the opportunity to warm up with a cup of coffee while you shop. Or maybe you expect the great service our butcher provides each time you hand-select your meat and seafood. Whatever the reason you shop TFM, our stores boast a warm friendly atmosphere and an accommodating staff.

Our stores convey the atmosphere of an old world European market, all under one roof, where you can visit an array of departments: our old-style butcher shop and fish market, bakery, produce and floral stands, and delicatessen. Feel free to help yourself to a sample of freshly brewed coffee while you stroll down the wide aisles of our store. The open air feel of our market presents a feast for the senses as colors and fragrant smells fill the air while classical music plays softly in the background. Our staff is on hand to answer all your food questions and to talk about the day’s fresh offerings. You will find it refreshing to have all of your perishables available unpackaged, allowing you to select just what you want. We accept checks and most major credit cards and will cheerfully carry your groceries to your car."

I love shopping there!

"Growing older but not up." J. Buffett

Coral Gables, FL, Bahamas, Belize, Wilmington, NC, Bocas del Toro, Panama and finally The Villages

Last edited by cappyjon431; 07-20-2012 at 10:44 PM. Reason: added info
Old 07-20-2012, 10:50 PM
Sage
Default I will have to check out Fresh Market

I will be back in TV mid-October. I will have to check it out. Looks like it is very close to the villa I will be renting in the Village of Summerhill. I willl see how it compares to Whole Foods.

Last edited by Schaumburger; 07-20-2012 at 10:51 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-21-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
I will be back in TV mid-October. I will have to check it out. Looks like it is very close to the villa I will be renting in the Village of Summerhill. I willl see how it compares to Whole Foods.
Try it, you'll like it. But, then again, I've never seen a Whole Foods.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:44 AM
Sage

Here to report that the Fresh Market is really quite nice and does have a very nice assortment of cheese and bread. Some very well priced items and some not so well priced. Avocados at $2.50 per is a little high but, in general, thought it was a huge improvement to the typical supermarkets.
Now don't get too excited because this is second hand, actually third hand and could be just wishful thinking: While in conversation with me, the check out man at FM, mentioned that Traders bought some land in Leesburg. I asked when he heard that and from whom. He said 3 weeks ago from a friend who is in sales at TV.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.