Gov Desantis coming to TV tomorrow re Covid-19 TV Test Site

Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2020, 08:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
Heck, I have no interest in being tested. I assume my wife and I have already been infected with the virus.
You're somewhat correct. On CBS Morning they showed a man who was quarantined for two weeks because he tested positive coming off a ship. However, he had no symptoms, he looks as normal as a normal person should look.

Last edited by John_W; 03-22-2020 at 09:00 AM.
Old 03-22-2020, 08:47 AM
Veteran member
Location: Upstate NY, So Fla, Louisiana, So Fla, Santiago and now Bonnybrook

Maybe TV should open gate on historic side so people from Stonecrest can drive their carts here. I am a villager, but this is a national disaster that means we should open our arms to everyone.
Old 03-22-2020, 08:48 AM
Veteran member

I believe the test center’s have been set up at the polo grounds
Old 03-22-2020, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
For those posters who are going off half cocked accusing the governor and others of putting on a publicity stunt, to best tested, unless something has changed between yesterday and this morning, you MUST contact your doctor or medical facility and it then will be determined whether you need a test. This is NOT a "oh let's drive by and get tested for the hell of it" situation. There must be a medical need for the test. It seems like alot of people, and yes many seniors, are sitting on a limb like a vulture waiting for something to pounce on and be negative about.
You got it!
Old 03-22-2020, 08:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,780 Times in 1,243 Posts

UF Health bringing testing to The Villages | News | thevillagesdailysun.com
Old 03-22-2020, 09:00 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,204 Times in 465 Posts

You have to present symptoms in order to take the test. Can not have a test for a virus before a virus appears. They are doing the best they can and this is showing their concern. If they did not take these precautions, no one knows how bad it could have been and you cannot prove a negative. It will be over at some point and life will get back to normal.
Old 03-22-2020, 09:03 AM

It would be nice if the government had used the time to actually prepare and get test kits and medical equipment instead of just saying that it is all fine, and we are ahead of the curve, and denying there could be a pandemic and saying it would just magically disappear. We don't have the capacity to do necessary testing.
Old 03-22-2020, 09:27 AM

Today's Daily Sun reported on the UF Health testing to be done at the Polo Grounds with drive up golf cart. To get tested, you MUST have an appointment. To request an appointment you must go to the UFHealthCovid.com website, fill out a questionnaire, and be given an appointment. No appointment paperwork, no test. The questionnaire asks about symptoms. Must have a fever.

If no symptoms, you MAY get tested with an appointment to participate in a UF Health study to see if they can quantify the percentage of asymptomatic carriers of the virus exist in the population. Still must apply online.
Old 03-22-2020, 09:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwfinkle View Post
I believe that knowing if someone does or does not have the virus, would go a long way in helping better prepare for dealing with it.
Why would it help to know if you have the virus? How would you live your life differently?

Right now I assume my wife and I have the virus, but we are living the same way we were a couple weeks ago. We are going for a hopefully nice walk through the new Chiity Chatty neighborhood and will look thru some of the new homes being built. Like last week, we will talk with other people nosing around, but we will keep our distance. Life is good.
Old 03-22-2020, 09:47 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tica linda View Post
You are right. They should wait and for now, use them in area of more need
Absolutely. The demographics here are pretty much the same as other areas of Florida. The state is not called "God's Waiting Room" for nothing. Orange & Miami-Dade has the most cases. DeSantis & his testing should be going there. Or why not test in Ft Myers, for example. Plenty of seniors there.

And what about the folks who do not have a golf cart?
Old 03-22-2020, 10:04 AM

You have to have an appointment and screened before you can go. There are steps outlined in the paper today you must follow. They will not accept anyone unless they have an appointment. They will let some be tested without symptoms in another section for a research study. This test is not comfortable and I wouldn't want it unless needed.
Old 03-22-2020, 10:06 AM
Location: atl (marietta) - 1/20 bought on killington loop then covoid hit - looking again

tough crowd,,, the governor's damned if he does & damned if he doesn't,,, certain it'd be the same if he were a dem tho
Old 03-22-2020, 11:05 AM

De Santis the governor who would NOT CLOSE THE BEACHES to spring breakers....,. the Councils at those locations did it themselves. He JOKES he is coming to SEE FOLK ride on a golf cart thru the test station.. UNLESS YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS dont go near them. With all this going on, US citizens can still enter the USA without quarantine this is crazy, half those who were allowed to return earlier are infected. Most cases are TRAVEL related. Stay in place, be social yet distant this is the ONLY WAY to stop the virus. The A&E brigade will strike again at the testing stations ( translation: folk with attitude and entitlement)... I hope there will be plenty of police around. Toally agree why get tested.. clear then contract it and have to be tested again... you will be taking desperately needed masks, and gloves from the medics.......
Old 03-22-2020, 11:08 AM

I am pleased to hear they have to be screened and have a apt BEFORE you go...... do you think this will stop the A&E folk !!!
Old 03-22-2020, 11:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklfairwin View Post
It would be nice if the government had used the time to actually prepare and get test kits and medical equipment instead of just saying that it is all fine, and we are ahead of the curve, and denying there could be a pandemic and saying it would just magically disappear. We don't have the capacity to do necessary testing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud1949
De Santis the governor who would NOT CLOSE THE BEACHES to spring breakers....,. the Councils at those locations did it themselves. He JOKES he is coming to SEE FOLK ride on a golf cart thru the test station.. UNLESS YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS dont go near them. With all this going on, US citizens can still enter the USA without quarantine this is crazy, half those who were allowed to return earlier are infected. Most cases are TRAVEL related. Stay in place, be social yet distant this is the ONLY WAY to stop the virus. The A&E brigade will strike again at the testing stations ( translation: folk with attitude and entitlement)... I hope there will be plenty of police around. Toally agree why get tested.. clear then contract it and have to be tested again... you will be taking desperately needed masks, and gloves from the medics.......
The Villages Florida
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, site, golf, automobiles, desantis

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.