Spaloos are awesome!

Closed Thread
Old 05-27-2012, 04:53 PM
Default Spaloos are awesome!

Just wanted to pass some info on. we recently came home from an awesome trip to Hawaii. We stayed at the Royal Hawaiian where each room had a Spaloo. For those of you who don't know what a Spaloo is, it's a toilet seat with a built-in bidet at a fraction of the cost. When we got home, I called Bruce from Spaloo inc. who directed me to the website (www.spaloo.com) and answered all my questions. If you mention the Val-pak coupon you can get $50 off bringing the total price to $399. That includes tax and free shipping. Of coure, a real bidet is almost two thousand dollars! three of our friends have bought one in the last two weeks! Talk about pampering! And in case you are wondering, NO, IM NOT A SPOKESPERSON or employee or anything like that. It's just that I found a great deal that I am just lovin! I figure you listen when I complain, I thought I'd share a positive for once!
Old 05-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,537 Times in 1,923 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by damily View Post
Just wanted to pass some info on. we recently came home from an awesome trip to Hawaii. We stayed at the Royal Hawaiian where each room had a Spaloo. For those of you who don't know what a Spaloo is, it's a toilet seat with a built-in bidet at a fraction of the cost. When we got home, I called Bruce from Spaloo inc. who directed me to the website (www.spaloo.com) and answered all my questions. If you mention the Val-pak coupon you can get $50 off bringing the total price to $399. That includes tax and free shipping. Of coure, a real bidet is almost two thousand dollars! three of our friends have bought one in the last two weeks! Talk about pampering! And in case you are wondering, NO, IM NOT A SPOKESPERSON or employee or anything like that. It's just that I found a great deal that I am just lovin! I figure you listen when I complain, I thought I'd share a positive for once!
ummm.

How does it work?

Is it warm or cold?
Old 05-27-2012, 05:07 PM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchgirl View Post
ummm.

How does it work?

Is it warm or cold?
Their website says warm water that moves back and forth and then a drying option. I almost wish I didn't just spend all that money on new clubs!!
Old 05-27-2012, 08:12 PM
Veteran member
Default Save $$$$$$$$$

if your interested in one of these,, come on over to my house,, I have a powerwasher,, I can make it any temp you like,,we could use a leaf blower for the dryer option and with hot weather coming you can just stay out on the lanai,,, or if you like i will provide curb service if you want to stay in your cart ,,, If you like we could have group thing where we had a SPALOO party!! or even start a club... PM me if your interested...Seriously this looks like a great product,,, if there is a need,, somebody will fill it!!
Old 05-27-2012, 09:05 PM

Lol. That was very funny. Actually it not only regulates water temp, but has 6 different levels of power control and dries with warm air. No leaf blower here! Also has an option of oscillating water vs massage motion. Seat also has three different levels to heat the seat. Although typically here in TV we don't need heated seats, it can be turned off. We've had so much company just wanting to try the toilet! Lol
Old 05-28-2012, 12:46 PM

We have a similar gizmo in our home up north and it's one luxury that we had been missing a lot. When the ad came from ValPak, we decided to give the SpaLoo a try, since it was less than half the cost of the similar Kohler seat that we had purchased. Now that we've had it for a few months, we find it much superior to the Kohler. Recently, my husband had some surgeries, etc, that prevented him from using the shower. He could give himself a sponge bath for most of his body parts, but the spaloo kept him feeling clean and fresh in those "hard to reach" areas. I honestly think that every hospital, assisted living facility and nursing home should have these in every bathroom.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:36 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageshooter View Post
if your interested in one of these,, come on over to my house,, I have a powerwasher,, I can make it any temp you like,,we could use a leaf blower for the dryer option and with hot weather coming you can just stay out on the lanai,,, or if you like i will provide curb service if you want to stay in your cart ,,, If you like we could have group thing where we had a SPALOO party!! or even start a club... PM me if your interested...Seriously this looks like a great product,,, if there is a need,, somebody will fill it!!
Speaking of "wise cracks"....
Old 05-28-2012, 02:13 PM
Platinum member

I think Spaloo sounds nice. We have seen several companies that make these "bottom washers".....plumbing suppliers mostly and also in the Disabled accessories catalogs....we had one about 20 years ago.....it attached to the toilet, and you could adjust the warmth of the water.

Sounds like they are getting more popular.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:14 PM
Platinum member

http://www.totousa.com/Portals/0/Ima...hlet-b100h.jpg

Here's one by TOTO.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:15 PM
Platinum member

the Toto one looks just like the Spaloo one.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by damily View Post
Can I assume that you need to have a 110V outlet installed near your toilet?
Old 05-30-2012, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cquick View Post
I tried a toto brand in Hawaii. It's more expensive than the Spaloo.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageshooter View Post
Perhaps you could offer a demonstration at the next TOTV luncheon.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,537 Times in 1,923 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I am not sure that the sensation would be.............comfortable. I am not used to liquid coming up AT ME. Usually when I descend to the throne, it goes the OTHER way.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,800 Times in 1,390 Posts

WTMI (way too much information) on a subject that most of us don't need/want......

btk
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.