Grand Oaks Proposal

Old 05-12-2024, 09:45 AM
Default Grand Oaks Proposal

Hello Neighbors,

The Grand Oaks Proposal has been submitted to the Town of Lady Lake and the project is actually larger than previously advertised. There are now 895 proposed homes for the property in addition to the other structures for amenities on site.

Proposal states there will be 7,660 external trips per day from this proposed community. The application states there will be NO additional hardships with area traffic and that the roads can manage the additional volume. They suggest a traffic signal at Marion County Road at C-R 25 and also to change the traffic signalization at Griffin Ave and CR-25. Why would that be a need if there are no issues.

Their application also states there will be no additional concerns for Police and Fire Services. I don't see how that is a true statement. The Town will need to hire more officers and the town relies on the County for Fire Services.

The current development projects already approved by the Town over the last several months all will have a direct impact once they are completed. Police & Fire services have for months been dealing with budget concerns and staffing. Mitigations from these developments are not and will not ease the monetary demands, those costs will be delegated to us the tax payers when the mileage rates get increased.

There are a total of 791 trees submitted in the plan that are within the proposed development which is why the property is affectionally known as Grand Oaks, the majority of these trees will be negatively impacted.

All those whom are opposed to the continued disintegration of this majestic area that brought many of you here are asked to email/contact your Ward Commissioner and ask them to Vote NO to the annexation of this property. Attend the meetings and voice your concerns. This area is not currently within the Town limits and is not a specific need for the Town. Keep it County, Keep it Rural.

Thank You For Your Support
Old 05-12-2024, 06:49 PM

Dude, forget rural. Progress begets progress, to do nothing is deadly.

Tags
town, states, additional, grand, area

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.