Grandchildren Living In The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 12-29-2011, 12:30 AM
Default Bump

I had to roller skate (at only 20 mph) by Chuckster and Bill-n-Brillo's carts to bring them some cool lemonade. Their throats are parched! How 'bout some Milk Duds for the second feature? Um, maybe I should have said next round.

Village Girl, I love your Maxine cartoon! "Don't believe everything you think" even if you are a legend in your own mind.

Ding! There's the bell.....
Old 12-29-2011, 07:07 AM
Veteran member
Question

Is this thread about the schools in TV or children living in this age restricted community?
Old 12-29-2011, 07:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

No. It is about I am right and you are stupid.

(Not me...and not you...and I am not thinkin' that anyone really is....just sayin.. Still bruised and sad and embarrassed and confused and needing to go to confession for my unkindness from yesterday)
Old 12-29-2011, 08:09 AM
Veteran member

[QUOTE=graciegirl;***585]No. It is about I am right and you are stupid.[QUOTE]

This in very few words covers it Gracie. Good job...........Now back to my snacks in anticipation of the next round and hopefully a return to the topic of grandchildren living in the villages
Old 12-29-2011, 09:26 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl;***585
Still bruised and sad and embarrassed and confused and needing to go to confession for my unkindness from yesterday)
Gracie...please don't be so hard on yourself.

"But of course that doesn't mean that there aren't a few people who would try to get anything for free."

We ALL know that there is 100% truth in that statement. The same thing ran through my mind and, I'm sure, many others minds, as well.

Hey...we MEAN women have to stick together! (I have never been called "mean" in my life...that statement really made my heart and stomach flip!)

We both know that we are truly not mean...unless you ask our children!

Sorry for the hijack...please continue the conversation!

Last edited by ceejay; 12-29-2011 at 09:28 AM. Reason: added an apology
Old 12-29-2011, 06:20 PM
Gold member
Default Wow

I can just feel the Love!

NOT! -

I like the idea of back to Grandchildren as a Happy topic- GrandChildren visiting with their parents in TV having GREAT time a wonderful Vacation! Not living here forever? SHUDDER!

The orignal topic was?

Maybe someone should start another thread on the Charter School and Florida Education.

This is getting nasty! It's like meet me at the Monkey Bars at recess!

Is this not the TOTV a freindly chat community and all of them high school college memories are suppose to be let go except for reunions? Where you bump back into that bullie or love life

IMHO now back to the 20th bag of
Old 12-29-2011, 09:36 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Grandkids and Charter Schools

We can have our grandchildren visit for 30 days. As for the charter schools since our grandchildren can't and don't live with us I really don'r care what people think of the schools. They're here for the workers children not ours. From what I've heard most people who work here do send their children there. I also met a few people who send their children to a Luthern School as they feel that's better. If it's a benefit for the workers and their happy that's all that matters to me and most likely them. As for the original thread of grandchildren. They're not supposed to live here, and if there are some living here it's the responsibility of those harboring them to fess up or their neighbors to fess up or it's just another hole in the bubble. We need to protect the bubble and patch whatever leaks there are or it'll turn into where we all moved from. Just my opinion!
Old 12-29-2011, 11:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358;***888
We can have our grandchildren visit for 30 days. As for the charter schools since our grandchildren can't and don't live with us I really don'r care what people think of the schools. They're here for the workers children not ours. From what I've heard most people who work here do send their children there. I also met a few people who send their children to a Luthern School as they feel that's better. If it's a benefit for the workers and their happy that's all that matters to me and most likely them. As for the original thread of grandchildren. They're not supposed to live here, and if there are some living here it's the responsibility of those harboring them to fess up or their neighbors to fess up or it's just another hole in the bubble. We need to protect the bubble and patch whatever leaks there are or it'll turn into where we all moved from. Just my opinion!
Well said.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:29 AM
Veteran member

Last edited by KeepingItReal; 02-12-2013 at 12:45 AM.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepingItReal View Post
There is basically no rule the developer cannot make an exception to if they desire to do it. You are held to the rules but not the developer..Not a perfect world!
Welcome to the forum.

You have come to the right place to discuss issues about the Villages.

I don't understand exactly what you are saying? What rules would that be?

(I just reread this thread. What happened to Larry Wilson? Sometimes I miss Village Girl, she had a certain je ne sais quoi about her. But she too has gone to the great cyberspace in the sky.

Further question , Will a girl from a little mining town in the west find happiness with a wealthy and titiled Englishman? AND I said it yesterday and I say it again. The heat is making us all crabby OR you can spell that with a B.)
Old 07-23-2012, 04:13 PM

I had a woman tell me at a zumba class that her youngest grandperson was going to live here, because she knew that she would be safe. Yes, I understand, but...........
Old 07-23-2012, 04:25 PM
Sage

But what?? Nothing wrong if she's 19 or older.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepingItReal View Post
There is basically no rule the developer cannot make an exception to if they desire to do it. You are held to the rules but not the developer..Not a perfect world!
Welcome to TOTV.....I think?
Why not start a new thread if you want to rag on the developer?? No one is going to go back and read 162 posts to see if your post is relevant to this thread.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.