Green fees increase for Month of May

Closed Thread
Old 04-23-2021, 08:27 AM
Default Green fees increase for Month of May

Summer season greens fees used to be May 1 till October 15th
Then it went from May 1 till September 30
Then they combined Summer and Fall raising the summer rate and lowering the fall rate. An increase but not real bad.
Yes costs go up
Now the winter season rate will continue until June 1
Green fees for May compared to last year will be $20 to $30 higher in the afternoon wave (priority and resident)
Green fees for May compared to last year will be $13 to $22 higher in the morning wave.
As a priority member I will not play the championship courses in May. playing twice a week that is a $160 increase.
I will play the execs and venture outside the Villages.
What is next, Winter season starts November this year too?

Example: World Woods, rated on the top 10 in Florida is $35 including lunch in May.
A 4 some will save $68 which will pay for gas
My choice yes, My protest.
Old 04-23-2021, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forebubba View Post
Then they combined Summer and Fall raising the summer rate and lowering the fall rate. An increase but not real bad.
Yes costs go up
Green fees for May compared to last year will be $20 to $30 higher in the afternoon wave (priority and resident)
Green fees for May compared to last year will be $13 to $22 higher in the morning wave.
As a priority member I will not play the championship courses in May. playing twice a week that is a $160 increase.

Example: World Woods, rated on the top 10 in Florida is $35 including lunch in May.
Let us know how the protest works
Old 04-23-2021, 11:42 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Yes costs go up

Finally someone got smart CONGRATULATIONS and success on your decision.
Old 04-23-2021, 01:00 PM
Gold member

Quote:
summer season greens fees used to be may 1 till october 15th
then it went from may 1 till september 30
then they combined summer and fall raising the summer rate and lowering the fall rate. An increase but not real bad.
Yes costs go up
now the winter season rate will continue until june 1
green fees for may compared to last year will be $20 to $30 higher in the afternoon wave (priority and resident)
green fees for may compared to last year will be $13 to $22 higher in the morning wave.
as a priority member i will not play the championship courses in may. Playing twice a week that is a $160 increase.
I will play the execs and venture outside the villages.
What is next, winter season starts november this year too?

Example: World woods, rated on the top 10 in florida is $35 including lunch in may.
my choice yes, my protest.
obviously the additional revenue is being applied to maintenance of the courses?????????????????
Old 04-23-2021, 01:06 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

If you live in The Villages, we are “rich” so I hear... Op, most golfers will likely take the increase “in stride” because of the convenience. Given the increase championship course golfers have choices to make.
Old 04-23-2021, 03:19 PM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

Lot of nice golf outside of the villages.
Old 04-23-2021, 03:55 PM
Unhappy My decision to combat costs and conditions

As a priority member who plays 4 times per week and has endured the increased rates and less than good conditions on some courses until this latest change, I have decided to golf Villages courses 2 times per week and play off site once per week. Our group of 20 which plays one day per week voted to go off site. Perhaps this will only open up times for other golfers but it just shows that when even loyal Village golfers feel they are not being treated fairly they will look elsewhere. When conditions improve, we will reassess our decision. We all hope changes are made.
Old 04-23-2021, 04:21 PM

Many of the courses are in bad shape because there is simply too much play. Raising rates is one way to cut back on the play without losing revenue.

Not sure that's what they are doing but our group went outside the villages because the courses are in rough shape. We'll come back when the courses are in better shape.
Old 04-24-2021, 04:52 AM

In line with what is happening in our country today. It is the world for the elitist only.
Old 04-24-2021, 05:45 AM

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!
Old 04-24-2021, 05:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,944 Times in 4,145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyb View Post
In line with what is happening in our country today. It is the world for the elitist only.
Great!!!! Let's turn a May greens fee increase thread into one on class warfare. Ever wonder how threads get off track?
Old 04-24-2021, 06:10 AM

I hope you complained just as loudly last Fall when the less expensive Summer rates continued instead of the more expensive Fall Rates....
Old 04-24-2021, 06:29 AM

This is terrible, greed at work. Who decides this? This will turn many people off to golf. And, will turn many to the Executive courses which are already over booked and taking a beating. I for one love golf, and play 3 times per week. I am a priority member. Thats roughly $700, plus 150 x $47 = $7050 + the $700 = 7750. granted you save a little in the summer, but not that much. Then how about your monthly amenities fee which has to include something for the executive courses. I don't play the executive courses but still pay. I bet a good $100 of that fee goes to support the executives. And I'm saving on trail fees, but you have to figure in the fact you bought a golf cart, so pro-rate some of that. Ouch. So, I figure, I must be paying around 9K for golf here. Someone is just trying to drain you. I could join a lot of privates for far less than that. I might think about that.
Old 04-24-2021, 06:37 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the World Woods tip, it's only another 20 minutes farther than Nancy Lopez for us living down south. It looks spectacular and is a lot cheaper too!
Old 04-24-2021, 06:37 AM

Played World Woods last month. Greens were beautiful, but the rest not so much. Meet friends from down south to play a round. Its about about 1/2 hour from here. Happen we had two threesomes and a member joined us. He said the course is in transition from old meembers t o an attempt to attract younger members. Everything is dated. He said their working on one thing at a time, greens obviously the first thing and they were great. I wouldn't want to drive the 30- 40 inutes to play it though on any regular basis.
Closed Thread

Tags
fees, year, rate, green, increase

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.