Grocery Store plastic bags

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2024, 03:46 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
There is a difference between what a dictator mandates and what a majority supports. Notice I always write Communism with a capital because I am referring to their actual practices in life as compared to the ideology.
Just for reference....where is the mandate you speak of? This TOTV topic is a discussion...a very small sample size and unless I'm mistaken, I've not seen any ballot initiative on this issue in FL.
Old 03-28-2024, 03:51 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Yet you're still here...
I see what you did there! A little cross thread work. Golf clap!
Old 03-28-2024, 03:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRoySmith View Post
Stanley North Dakota: cool summers, no alligators, no Gulf of Mexico, no sink holes, no fire ants, no gators, very few venomous snakes, 2000 people so little population pressure, no TOTV so no one to aggravate anyone, no grocery stores so fewer plastic bags, low housing and insurance rates.....
Stanley, huh? Your own little slice of Heaven? Or are you a developer with lots to sell?

No grocery stores? Really? How is that working out for the folks that live there? We are not farmers. Nor are we hunter/gatherers. But we still like to eat once in a while.
Old 03-28-2024, 04:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
I didn't specify anyone... You really shouldn't assume things...
Good thing you didn't. The moderator might have got ya.
And I know I shouldn't ass-u-me, but sometimes I just can't help myself.
Old 03-28-2024, 04:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caymus View Post
The states that people are fleeing have eliminated the bags.
To run away from your home just because of lack of plastic bags seems rather silly to me. Maybe, deep down, they really didn't like where they lived all that much.
Old 03-28-2024, 04:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,020 Times in 1,746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
Just for reference....where is the mandate you speak of? This TOTV topic is a discussion...a very small sample size and unless I'm mistaken, I've not seen any ballot initiative on this issue in FL.
I was thinking theoretically (since politics are not allowed).
Old 03-28-2024, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
Stanley, huh? Your own little slice of Heaven? Or are you a developer with lots to sell?

No grocery stores? Really? How is that working out for the folks that live there? We are not farmers. Nor are we hunter/gatherers. But we still like to eat once in a while.
I've got no knowledge of Stanley ND. Just trying to be a smarta$$ to Jim. And you're raining on my way blanket.

Last edited by LeRoySmith; 03-28-2024 at 04:28 PM.
Old 03-28-2024, 04:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
There is still a choice. As long as there is a choice, someone is going to make the wrong choice and do the wrong thing. We can't have people doing the wrong thing. We can't allow choices. (Gross generalization, not my personal feelings)
Oh! Yeah! I see what you mean. (Wink,wink. Nudge, nudge). No wrong choices, yeah! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ€­
Old 03-28-2024, 04:32 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
To run away from your home just because of lack of plastic bags seems rather silly to me. Maybe, deep down, they really didn't like where they lived all that much.
Or where they live now....is this a confession?
Old 03-28-2024, 05:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Plastic grocery bags may eventually become obsolete. But, there are about 10 Publix stores in The Villages area and I shop at one at least 4 times per week. Publix is the most successful grocery store in the area, if not in the state. My unscientific estimate is that at least 80 percent of customers rely on the free plastic bags to transport their groceries. I don't think it is anywhere near time to force those shoppers to change their habits just because a minority has an environmental agenda.
I understand your point of view because for many years We used them and reused them till they broke or got "funky" or gunky. So, I say, let them fight it out!
Ladies and gentlemen and the billions around the world!
On my right, sporting the old, holey, faded boxer shorts and spotted undershirt and fighting to continue using plastic bags is The Hell with the planet, I don't wanna have to change!
On my left, sporting newly recycled cotton yoga pants and bamboo t-shirt, hoping to upset the old mindset and reset it to CleanUpTheTrash is the challenger, A Healthier and Cleaner World for All.
"LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE,"

Odds makers show that in the short run, The Hell with the planet, I don't wanna have to change will start off deflecting the growing strength and youth of A Healthier and Cleaner world for all. But, as the contest goes into the next few rounds "Don't wanna have to change" will be warn down by ever growing concern for Mother Earth and ultimately plastics will be seen for the problems and risks they pose. Ultimately, the victory will go to a Healthier and Cleaner World For All.

I didn't go into the bloody details ( concern for the impressionable child minds that might be watching).
"Eco-warriers", people who actually care about the health and longevity of our planet have always been taunted, called names like "tree hugger",chicken Little, and though abused and made fun of, eventually the truth about the dark side of everything they challenge ends up in the light. New laws are created and most everyone a generation along understands the foolishness and lack of vision and refusal take responsibility for their errors of the past. Eco-warriers lose some battles, but, ultimately they win the war. What is in the best interest of our planet is also in the long term best interest of humans. Plastic is here. Plastic provides many good things. But plastic has a dark side. A deadly and dangerous side. Beware, if you care.
Old 03-28-2024, 06:07 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I understand your point of view because for many years We used them and reused them till they broke or got "funky" or gunky. So, I say, let them fight it out!
On my right, sporting the old, holey, faded boxer shorts and spotted undershirt and fighting to continue using plastic bags is The Hell with the planet, I don't wanna have to change!
On my left, sporting newly recycled cotton yoga pants and bamboo t-shirt, hoping to upset the old mindset and reset it to CleanUpTheTrash is the challenger, A Healthier and Cleaner World for All.

Odds makers show that in the short run, The Hell with the planet, I don't wanna have to change will start off deflecting the growing strength and youth of A Healthier and Cleaner world for all. But, as the contest goes into the next few rounds "Don't wanna have to change" will be warn down by ever growing concern for Mother Earth and ultimately plastics will be seen for the problems and risks they pose. Ultimately, the victory will go to a Healthier and Cleaner World For All.

I didn't go into the bloody details ( concern for the impressionable child minds that might be watching).
"Eco-warriers", people who actually care about the health and longevity of our planet have always been taunted, called names like "tree hugger",chicken Little, and though abused and made fun of, eventually the truth about the dark side of everything they challenge ends up in the light. New laws are created and most everyone a generation along understands the foolishness and lack of vision and refusal take responsibility for their errors of the past. Eco-warriers lose some battles, but, ultimately they win the war. What is in the best interest of our planet is also in the long term best interest of humans. Plastic is here. Plastic provides many good things. But plastic has a dark side. A deadly and dangerous side. Beware, if you care.
Somebody need a hug!
Old 03-28-2024, 06:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:

That was interesting and clever.
Old 03-28-2024, 06:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipping up to boston View Post
somebody need a hug!
yes! Please! πŸ˜ΆπŸ™„πŸ€•
Old 03-28-2024, 06:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
That was interesting and clever.
Thank you! Does that qualify as a rant? Or just extemporaneous rambling of a crazy old man that loves his home planet and only remembers (maybe a bit hazily) better times?
Old 03-28-2024, 06:44 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
yes! Please! πŸ˜ΆπŸ™„πŸ€•
I actually enjoy your posts. Definitely don't agree a lot but except for our 'West Side Story' posts (which got me a slap on the wrist by feelings police....yet still remains for posterity)....you at least make an acceptable (not convincing) argument
Closed Thread

Tags
plastic, bags, grocery, store, studies

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.