Grocery Stores open on Sunday Morning??

Closed Thread
Old 08-27-2011, 04:46 AM
Sage

I lived in Fort Lauderdale back in the day (before you were born, children) when stores were closed on Sunday. There was a rumor that they had mandatory staff prayer meetings at Publix.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:00 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithfulfrank View Post
Gracie,
I'd be happy to. Usually Moderating is not explained, as at times the explaining can cause more of a disruption, but because Moderating is kind of new here, and the dust has not settled yet, I will explain.

One of the posts had a "thumbs down" icon on it. because of that, some thought that it might have been giving a message that was not intended. The poster who had the "thumbs down" icon posted later that he did not know why it was there, and wished it could go away.

I removed the "thumb". There were then a few posts after talking about the "thumb" that was now gone. That would have been very confusing, so those posts were removed as they were now "orphaned posts", simply meaning that they pertained to a post or subject that was no longer there.

On most forums when a post is way off topic it will get deleted......so the thread stays easy to understand and less confusing. Because "Modding" is still a bit new here, it seems like almost any intervention causes more confusion then it has solved........hopefully all will be calmer in this regard soon.

As many know, the forum is in a transition stage. We all have the same goal...to have one of the best, friendliest, most informative forums around. Moderation will be kept to a minimum....with the objective only to keep the forum respectful, kind and easy to use and understand. I know many of you do not have a lot of experience with other forums.....believe me, compared to some other forums, this one is quite tame and comfortable.

I apologize for the long post. I hope this helps so we can just carry on and enjoy our blessed lives......

Respectfully, Frank

The only change I like is the change in my pocket. This news makes me grumpy.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:15 PM
Default thanks

Thanks for all the info folks. Sounds like I'm good...
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.