Gross supermarket behavior

Closed Thread
Old 07-03-2020, 02:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Another "Comprehension" problem? It was indicated in the note that she "reached in and moved some of the cherries from one bag to another!" This is clearly a problem as, unless her hands had just been washed just seconds before that, there were serious questions as to the opportunity for a Virus to be passed on to the bag being reduced by her touching the contents and someone then purchasing that bag!! Whether the cherries were by the pound or bag had absolutely nothing to do with the comment and observation! It is important not to assume something in order to express a contentious point and just ignore the subject matter!
How then was she cheating??
Old 07-03-2020, 04:13 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down Can't make it up

You can't make it up that some will challenge and argue poor health practices are OK . Someone opens up a bag, reaches into another and man handle the contents as they move the fruit from one to another in total disregard that the fruit in question are many times eaten like popcorn? These are the same ones who take pride in never wearing a mask which again shows total disregard for the other person. You just can't make this stuff up. Regarding volunteering, I suspect they are also the ones who have the same disregard for their fellow humans. The logic some use is "well other food is touched. Remember when you were a child and an attempt at forgiveness was "well "the other kid also did it". I don't know how that went in your family but it did not fly in mine!
Old 07-03-2020, 05:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
You can't make it up that some will challenge and argue poor health practices are OK . Someone opens up a bag, reaches into another and man handle the contents as they move the fruit from one to another in total disregard that the fruit in question are many times eaten like popcorn? These are the same ones who take pride in never wearing a mask which again shows total disregard for the other person. You just can't make this stuff up. Regarding volunteering, I suspect they are also the ones who have the same disregard for their fellow humans. The logic some use is "well other food is touched. Remember when you were a child and an attempt at forgiveness was "well "the other kid also did it". I don't know how that went in your family but it did not fly in mine!
Then one should NEVER buy ANY fresh food ANYWHERE. Simple as that. No one says it's OK, just that's how it goes. If one can't accept that people will handle fresh produce in a supermarket those people should simply "grow their own." That will solve the problem but they should just make sure no rabbits or geckos or cats use it for a potty because rabbit, gecko and cat poop is so tiny the grower might end up eating it. Definitely don't use manure because we know what makes up manure! Gotta grow in in a greenhouse.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 07-03-2020, 08:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrose19337 View Post
So you assumed, without any evidence, the "older man" was actually infectious and shedding the COVID-19 virus at the very moment you happened to walk by.

You then assumed it was your place confront the "older man", inform him how disgusting his behavior was to you and then give him a lesson in epidemiology.

Then, you assumed it was your place to seek out the store manager so you could snitch on the "older man".

I would say you got the response you deserved.
Which is why we have what we have.......unless you are just stirring the pot, otherwise this is one of the most inane posts I've seen in awhile.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 07-03-2020, 09:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,052 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Which is why we have what we have.......unless you are just stirring the pot, otherwise this is one of the most inane posts I've seen in awhile.
We seem to have a rather diverse group of people here to say the least.
Old 07-04-2020, 05:03 AM

I’m glad you said that. I was actually thinking the same thing — that cherries are weighed at the register.
Old 07-04-2020, 05:03 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Need Hobby

I agree some seriously need a hobby as they have too much time on their hands!.A simple question or observation that someone opened up cherry bags and contaminated one bag brought out all of the negative readers who have been laying in wait for a reason to attack someone and a way to express their anger on one who is honestly making a valid or invalid observation. Maybe they are the ones who should use their energy to volunteer for a community need rather than waste their time on spreading their anger via whatever
avenue is available at the time. A good psychotherapy session may be in order to save them from a life of anger and the consequences that goes with it.
Old 07-04-2020, 05:16 AM
Default Wow, reall

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrose19337 View Post
So you assumed, without any evidence, the "older man" was actually infectious and shedding the COVID-19 virus at the very moment you happened to walk by.

You then assumed it was your place confront the "older man", inform him how disgusting his behavior was to you and then give him a lesson in epidemiology.

Then, you assumed it was your place to seek out the store manager so you could snitch on the "older man".

I would say you got the response you deserved.
Since we are assuming now, from your response I can only assume that you are the expert, or at least think you are. People with this attitude are the reason this virus is still going strong. You really think that is ok to do a disgusting, unsanitary act like this in these times? What an ignorant and selfish point of view that is, and yes you do have the right to your point of view/opinion, but so do I and in my opinion, no one has the right to do such a selfish and disgusting act. Whether or not a person is sick or in perfect health, I would not want to purchase either item after some disgusting old fart stuck their nose in it (dont take offense to the old fart part, I am an old fart too) but come on, that really is disgusting and if this person thinks that is ok, I guarantee that he probably does not wash his hands after going to the bathroom which makes it even that much more disgusting. Keep on thinking selfish thoughts like that and this virus will never be over, your thinking is COVIDs best allie right now. You can choose to eat something that has been sauteed in another person's nose juice, along with his dirty hands, but I choose not to and see the act for what it really is, someone, like you, with a me me me and only me attitude. For now, I will not buy any groceries anywhere near the villages. Perhaps the village's laughable motto of friendliest home town should be changed to the most selfish home town, because this view point really makes it seem that way.
Old 07-04-2020, 05:19 AM

Judge Judy said it best.....Beauty fades...dumb is forever!
Old 07-04-2020, 05:26 AM

The point is: none of us know if he is asymptotic or not...so why not act responsible. It only requires a minimal amount of effort / inconvenience.
Old 07-04-2020, 05:27 AM
Location: Near Sumter Landing; come down when we can; still live in Forest Hills, a suburb of NYC

People do that. They smell herbs. They take a cherry or grape to taste before buying. Handle apples / avacado to be sure of ripeness. I wash all produce with soap, rinse, repeat. You know the produce usually travels a distance & is handled by many people before it finally gets to the grocery store displays
Old 07-04-2020, 05:38 AM
Veteran member

I would be more concerned about what happens in the kitchens of restaurants.....what you can't see
Old 07-04-2020, 05:41 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I was at the Publix's on Wedgewood Lane yesterday and watched a woman reach into a bag of cherries and add them to another bag. As in any large town or city you have some of the cheaters, ignorant and entitled to deal with and you have to assume they will be at work with their cheating ways where you are! If you lived in a large city like New York City you learn to just ignore these people as they are the bottom feeders that live among us!
It doesn't matter, cherries are sold by weight, not by bag.
Old 07-04-2020, 05:41 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Charles View Post
Yesterday afternoon while I was shopping for some produce at my local publix I observed some very gross and disgusting behavior. An older man was unmasked (his right) was inspecting some parsley or was it cilantro? He obviously didn't know the difference but he quickly put a bunch of each to his nose, right into his face for a full smell then put them both back in the shelf with the rest of the bunches! I told himto that was disgusting and now his germs are on all the other bunches, he told me to mind my own f****ng business! I went in search of a manager but by that time I wonder who else took some parsley? I wonder if they even took any off the shelf?
So? No doubt it happens all the time but you just happened to see it. People are squeezing stuff with their dirty hands, sniffing stuff, pulling grapes or cherries out of the bag and tasting them. You witnessed this and then wonder if anyone bought any? If you were that concerned, why didnt you remove the bunch n give to a worker? And why confront him? Tell a worker or take your chances of getting slugged in the mouth.
Old 07-04-2020, 05:47 AM

I would have done same. The risk is to great! You pick it up -buy it
Closed Thread

Tags
parsley, put, gross, disgusting, told

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.