Gross supermarket behavior

Closed Thread
Old 07-04-2020, 05:57 AM

For some, ignorance , Disrespect and bad behavior is only compounded by age.
Old 07-04-2020, 05:58 AM

It seems a little silly to prolong the cherry issue but here goes. Who can possibly eat all the cherries ( or grapes) they load into those bags?? I always take less than half from the bag and I’m not going to stop because of Covid. It’s all washed anyway. I also plead guilty to squeezing lemons, the softer, the more juice. I squeeze onions and garlic too for firmness. Wash it and forget it, same goes for parsley and cilantro.
Old 07-04-2020, 06:04 AM

One should always assume any produce can be infected with germs and viruses. Wash all fruit and vegetables before eating. You can’t, or shouldn’t try to control other people’s behavior. Just like AIDS, assume everyone has it !
Old 07-04-2020, 06:16 AM
Thanked 1,306 Times in 237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Charles View Post
Yesterday afternoon while I was shopping for some produce at my local publix I observed some very gross and disgusting behavior. An older man was unmasked (his right) was inspecting some parsley or was it cilantro? He obviously didn't know the difference but he quickly put a bunch of each to his nose, right into his face for a full smell then put them both back in the shelf with the rest of the bunches! I told himto that was disgusting and now his germs are on all the other bunches, he told me to mind my own f****ng business! I went in search of a manager but by that time I wonder who else took some parsley? I wonder if they even took any off the shelf?
Hate to shake you, but in the course of a day hundreds of people touch all sorts of produce and other grocery items for different reasons before they buy. That’s the way it’s always been and that’s the way it will always be. Too many people are paranoid right now. You cannot hide from a virus! Sooner or later we’re all going to come in contact with this virus, the same as any other virus.
It’s 99% survivable the same as the flu. Fortunately, I see more and more people accepting this reality and getting out and just enjoying life. Happy Fourth of July. 🇺🇸
Old 07-04-2020, 06:18 AM

I was going to point out that very thing. You beat me to it.
Old 07-04-2020, 06:21 AM
Email Reported As Spam
Default smorgasbord

Have you ever noticed while eating at a smorgasbord the people in the service line or walking back to their seat eating off their plate, then licking their fingers, just as if at home.??
Old 07-04-2020, 06:28 AM

I smell produce all the time because, especially with fruit, you can tell if it’s ripe. My germs are probably no worse than the nasty things that have happened to it before I put it in my cart. That’s why I ALWAYS wash my produce before consuming, even things that have to be peeled.
Old 07-04-2020, 06:32 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Charles View Post
You are so right!

I went to DD to get my wife a donut she asked me to get to celebrate her last treatment for cancer that she was diagnosed with in December. It was my first venture into any store other than for groceries, pharmacies or to Dr's appointments.

No I won't change peoples habits here but maybe if I help just 1 person be aware of others safety then it's worth it to me.

As far as my 2 posts about DD and the supermarket, you actually went to look at my posts to notice what I have to say!
I had the same reaction “actually went to look at the posts”? Jeez

But seriously, I appreciate you bringing to our attention these episodes.

Many humans are selfish & stupid. Dangerous too. Cannot change them, so be careful out there & with your stress level.
Old 07-04-2020, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
I was at the Publix's on Wedgewood Lane yesterday and watched a woman reach into a bag of cherries and add them to another bag. As in any large town or city you have some of the cheaters, ignorant and entitled to deal with and you have to assume they will be at work with their cheating ways where you are! If you lived in a large city like New York City you learn to just ignore these people as they are the bottom feeders that live among us!
Cherries at Publix are sold by the pound as are grapes. The bags are open so you can remove or add cherries/grapes to get the amount you want.
Old 07-04-2020, 06:37 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrose19337 View Post
So you assumed, without any evidence, the "older man" was actually infectious and shedding the COVID-19 virus at the very moment you happened to walk by.

You then assumed it was your place confront the "older man", inform him how disgusting his behavior was to you and then give him a lesson in epidemiology.

Then, you assumed it was your place to seek out the store manager so you could snitch on the "older man".

I would say you got the response you deserved.
I could not possibly disagree with you more. What the man did was disgusting.
Old 07-04-2020, 06:43 AM
Veteran member
Default Add more cherries

Quote:
I was at the Publix's on Wedgewood Lane yesterday and watched a woman reach into a bag of cherries and add them to another bag. As in any large town or city you have some of the cheaters, ignorant and entitled to deal with and you have to assume they will be at work with their cheating ways where you are! If you lived in a large city like New York City you learn to just ignore these people as they are the bottom feeders that live among us!
Don't they sell them by weight?
Old 07-04-2020, 06:50 AM
Default ?

Quote:
“Cheaters”? This makes no sense....they are sold by the pound. You are fully within your right to move them. Kinda like buying however many bananas you want....
Old 07-04-2020, 06:51 AM

You would probably have a stoke if you knew how many people touched the produce or any box, bottle or packaging in any store. You have no idea where any of those peoples hand had been and if they had ever been washed. You must assume the worst and wash produce and containers when you arrive home.
Old 07-04-2020, 06:55 AM
Default Nope

Quote:
Another "Comprehension" problem? It was indicated in the note that she "reached in and moved some of the cherries from one bag to another!" This is clearly a problem as, unless her hands had just been washed just seconds before that, there were serious questions as to the opportunity for a Virus to be passed on to the bag being reduced by her touching the contents and someone then purchasing that bag!! Whether the cherries were by the pound or bag had absolutely nothing to do with the comment and observation! It is important not to assume something in order to express a contentious point and just ignore the subject matter!
Nope..the poster called her a “cheater...response was appropriate.
Old 07-04-2020, 07:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,380 Times in 2,520 Posts

We always handle and sort our loose purchases.
Can't see a thing wrong with it.
Why would you pay for under/over ripe or bad fruit or veg?
Just wash it all when you get home.
Most is going to be peeled, boiled or nuked before you eat it.
Survived all these years, can't understand all the paranoia!
Closed Thread

Tags
parsley, put, gross, disgusting, told

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.