guest pass for more than 30 days?

Closed Thread
Old 01-25-2012, 10:44 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wilmington Ohio, bought in Hadley Village January 2009, move when we can retire
Default guest pass for more than 30 days?

We have renters coming for the months of Feb and March. They only want Guest Passes. When I tried to sign up on line and it appears to only allow a 30 day limit. Does anyone know how to get passes for the full two months? Thanks for the help.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:08 AM
Sage

The 30 day limit is one way they can track who's using the amenities, and who's staying here.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:24 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Guest passes don't work for renters very well. You are supposed to be with them for golf, Katie Bells, and pools. So unless they are close friends and you will be with them all the time, a guest pass is useless.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:33 AM
Platinum member

When we rented in 2010, the lady we were renting from had to tell the people at the office that we were renting her house and she wuld not be using her pass. She had two homes in TV. We got 3 months passes and had to pay $50. Actually, I think they were not guest passes, but temporary passes.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 01-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Correct. Temporary ID's are for the rented home and cost $50 for two for as long as the house is rented up to 1 year. Guest passes are for guests in your home and you accompany them for what ever requires a pass. They are free and are good for up to a month.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:37 AM

Hello,

You can only get 30 day Guest Passes. They will however renew your guest passes, again for another 30 days. Approved Guest ID cards for a guest(s) whose current residence is outside Lake, Marion and Sumter counties may be issued for up to thirty (30) days with an option to renew.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:48 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
Guest passes don't work for renters very well. You are supposed to be with them for golf, Katie Bells, and pools. So unless they are close friends and you will be with them all the time, a guest pass is useless.
I don’t think that is correct l2. Guests can use the family and neighborhood pools and play golf without the resident present. However, I agree...a temporary resident ID is a better choice for renters so they can participate in all of the activities (such as the sports pool activities).
Old 01-25-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
Correct. Guest passes are for guests in your home and you accompany them for what ever requires a pass.
The above statement would be incorrect. A Guest Pass allows you all the same amenities as a Village Resident except for the use of sports pools and making Tee Times. Neighborhood pools, Family Pools, Rec Center Activities, even golf if someone makes your Tee Time, you do not need to be accompanied by the home owner or anyone else. https://gcs.thevillages.com/pol3.html Here is the Guest Policy.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:37 PM
Sage

Five or so years ago, my daughter who lives near Deland used to have an annual guest pass to visit and entertain my mother. I believe TV no longer issues the annual guest passes.

WRONG!

Quoting the Guest Pass Policy linked above:

"A resident who has a son, daughter, grandchild or great grandchild (and their spouses) who reside in Lake, Marion or Sumter counties may apply for an In-Area Guest ID card."

"The In-Area Guest ID card for qualified family members is valid for one (1) year from date of issuance."

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 01-25-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post
Five or so years ago, my daughter who lives near Deland used to have an annual guest pass to visit and entertain my mother. I believe TV no longer issues the annual guest passes.

WRONG!

Quoting the Guest Pass Policy linked above:

"A resident who has a son, daughter, grandchild or great grandchild (and their spouses) who reside in Lake, Marion or Sumter counties may apply for an In-Area Guest ID card."

"The In-Area Guest ID card for qualified family members is valid for one (1) year from date of issuance."

Here is another link to the Guest Policy. Same info http://www.districtgov.org/departmen...D%20Policy.pdf It does show the last time this policy amended Dec 2009. I'm guessing this policy is still accurate
Old 01-25-2012, 02:30 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wilmington Ohio, bought in Hadley Village January 2009, move when we can retire

thanks for all the information. We offered our renters the "become us" pass but they don't golf, use the sports pool or feel the need on a first visit to see Katie's. They just want to relax. So, a 30 day with a renewal of 30 more days seems like the best idea. Thanks again.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.