Guest Passes Are NOT Being Checked

Closed Thread
Old 11-27-2023, 10:00 PM
Default Guest Passes Are NOT Being Checked

Had family visiting last week and got passes for all four of them. Husband, son and grandson played ping pong at Seabreeze. No passes were checked. Son took both grandkids to Bradenton pool for nearly two hours and never got checked. Not sure who is trying to convince us that we don’t need to be concerned that nonresidents are using our facilities.
Old 11-27-2023, 10:29 PM
Thanked 1,137 Times in 248 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyephan View Post
Had family visiting last week and got passes for all four of them. Husband, son and grandson played ping pong at Seabreeze. No passes were checked. Son took both grandkids to Bradenton pool for nearly two hours and never got checked. Not sure who is trying to convince us that we don’t need to be concerned that nonresidents are using our facilities.
I cannot believe that there are people who are so self-important, pretentious & petty that they are upset about how many people are having their passes checked. There are no hordes of outsiders invading the facilities. Even if there is a non-resident using a facility here and there, is this such a huge concern. Do you want to have to get out of the pool or stop your pickle-ball game just to have your ID checked for the 4th time or more in one visit to a facility? Or having to get out of the pool and run home to get your ID because you forgot it? I certainly don't want to be bothered. Having to have your ID checked constantly reminds me of those Iron Curtain countries; "Show me zee papers or vee send you to Siberia." The attendants don't get paid a lot and they do a good job. If you see someone who shouldn't be there, then report them if you must. I say, Live and let live. Life is too short to make such a big deal out a non-issue.
Old 11-27-2023, 10:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,426 Times in 2,079 Posts

Yes, it is true, there is not a Rec Center person stationed at every pool all day long. There is some (hopefully random) schedule for checking IDs at pools. I've seen IDs checked about 50% of the times I have visited the pools.

I have had my ID checked every time I have entered the smaller Rec Centers. Regional Rec Centers are difficult and Seabreeze more than some of the others.

At the larger centers like Seabreeze, IDs are often checked at the doors for individual meetings rather than at the main entrance. I assume this is to get a count of how many attended a particular event. If I just walk in to take a look around but do not enter an event then my ID is not checked. Ideally, Rec Center personnel would also walk through and check the IDs of those using the game rooms and other facilities (pools, pickleball courts, bocce courts, indoor shuffleboard, etc). Perhaps this is not being done as frequently as it could be, but my experience has been that IDs are occasionally in these areas as well.

At Seabreeze, Everglades, and possibly others, governmental meetings are held (CDD, NSCUDD, PWAC, Sumter BoCC, etc). These meetings are open to the public and that is why IDs are not checked. Attempting to check IDs of everyone entering these Rec Centers would cause confusion and problems for those that are coming in only for the public meetings.

It would be interesting to calculate how much additional staffing it would take to station someone at all the rooms and all the pools and all the courts all day long. I don't want my amenity fee increased to pay for all that, but it would be interesting to know how many additional people it would take.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Last edited by Bill14564; 11-28-2023 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Improve grammar and clarity
Old 11-28-2023, 06:21 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,104 Times in 751 Posts

It will get much easier and much less intrusive, once the implanted microchip program is implemented.
Old 11-28-2023, 08:30 AM
Default Passes????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyephan View Post
Passes being checked should be the least of your concerns. Try living in an area where The Villages does not enforce any rules, in hopes you will get so angry, you put your home up for sale. Then, The Villages makes another profit from the sale of your home. I have homes near me with RV's in their driveway, trailers and boats in their carports, actual work areas in their carports, commercial vehicles in their driveways. Some homes have 3 generations of families living there, sometimes with children under 19. The Villages gets reports about these violations, yet does nothing. The Villages has no idea how many under 55 live here, because they don't care. Selling homes is their only concern, not your safety or peace of mind.
Old 11-28-2023, 08:35 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,627 Times in 954 Posts

If we are going to check IDs at ALL the pools, then we should also check at all the pickleball/tennis courts. I don’t care enough about it to count how many recreation and pool facilities there are, but staffing them all for 8 to 10 hours a day 360 days a year would be expensive. Then we hear the complaints about the amenity fee going up.
What happens when the person working your pool calls in sick, do we close the pool for the day?
Old 11-28-2023, 09:57 AM

If anyone thinks this is a small issue, they are woefully unaware. Non villagers using pools, pickelball courts, and many other amenties happens frequently. Yes I would not mind having to stop whatever I am doing to show my ID. Those outside frequently are quite proud of the fact they don't live here but have never been asked for ID. At family pools, at neighborhood pools, at pickleball courts, these I have experienced in person. Something really needs to be done soon
Old 11-28-2023, 10:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,394 Times in 2,405 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_vermilya View Post
If anyone thinks this is a small issue, they are woefully unaware. Non villagers using pools, pickelball courts, and many other amenties happens frequently. Yes I would not mind having to stop whatever I am doing to show my ID. Those outside frequently are quite proud of the fact they don't live here but have never been asked for ID. At family pools, at neighborhood pools, at pickleball courts, these I have experienced in person. Something really needs to be done soon
How many of theses many instances have you reported?

How many have told you they are proud? What did you tell them?
Old 11-28-2023, 12:42 PM
Veteran member

I agree, I’d checks could be more frequent, but from what I’ve seen, it isn’t a big deal. So what if a non resident is using a pool which happens occasionally. I don’t care. What is the cost of a few non residents in the pool? Quit your whining!
Old 11-28-2023, 12:43 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,378 Times in 501 Posts

The Villages has gotten far too big to check IDs and enforce deed restrictions. They would need to hire many more people and they are not going to do it.
Old 11-28-2023, 07:36 PM
Veteran member

I can't see the appeal that any local non-resident would have to want to use our pools and have to listen to Villagers complain about the prices at Publix or gossiping about where the new Trader Joes will be located.
Old 11-28-2023, 08:41 PM

I get checked frequently. Maybe I am the only one.
Old 11-28-2023, 08:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,426 Times in 2,079 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post
I can't see the appeal that any local non-resident would have to want to use our pools and have to listen to Villagers complain about the prices at Publix or gossiping about where the new Trader Joes will be located.
or loudly describing/discussing their current medical issues. TMI!

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 11-28-2023, 09:44 PM

I swim at 730 am, even cold mornings, only one in the pool. They checked me.
Old 11-29-2023, 04:30 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elshackovillages View Post
Passes being checked should be the least of your concerns. Try living in an area where The Villages does not enforce any rules, in hopes you will get so angry, you put your home up for sale. Then, The Villages makes another profit from the sale of your home. I have homes near me with RV's in their driveway, trailers and boats in their carports, actual work areas in their carports, commercial vehicles in their driveways. Some homes have 3 generations of families living there, sometimes with children under 19. The Villages gets reports about these violations, yet does nothing. The Villages has no idea how many under 55 live here, because they don't care. Selling homes is their only concern, not your safety or peace of mind.
Is the problem north or south of 44. Just curious since I have never seen these issues around my area. Just renters parking in the street once in a blue moon.
Closed Thread

Tags
checked, passes, son, guest, hours

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.