Golf Buddy and Mac

Closed Thread
Old 04-01-2013, 02:27 PM
Default Golf Buddy and Mac

Just a FYI on Golf Buddy. I have the World Golf Buddy and love it until today.
I have a Mac computer and have had no problems with downloading the new updates till this week. I have friends who have Macs' and said they can't download the updates. I just figured they didn't know what they were doing till today. Golf Buddy is having issues with Apple and your Mac with not recognize the Golf Buddy. I talked with Golf Buddy support, if you can call it that, and they said they would email me a new driver. Which they did, and it didn't work. Then they said that I could mail the unit back to them and they would see if they could correct it, for a FEE. I said a fee, you want to charge us because your IT guys can't do their jobs. The guy stated that was the only option or buy a PC and hung up.
So buyer beware. I did talked to Edwin Watts and they said that they would update the unit for me, because they are using a PC. Thanks Thom.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:10 PM
nkrifats

Just did an update on my Golf Buddy World using my Mac with no issue. Check your cable. I did have an issue with the original cable about a year ago. A few weeks ago I did a hard reset and installed new driver from Golf Buddy when I was having what I thought was an issue. (Later determined to be operator error related). Michael at Havana Country Club has been a help to me also.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.