Gutter cleaner/repair

Closed Thread
Old 06-06-2023, 05:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGibson View Post
Gotta get Leaf Fitter.
. Had the Leaf Filter (brand) in NJ. While they kept the inside of the gutters cleaned (because they were covered) there were things like small sprouts from maple trees and things that looked like weeds growing from the tiny holes in them where they got stuck maybe due to the sap in the seedlings on the OUTSIDE of them that still needed to be removed and were harder to remove than using a gutter cleaning "J shaped" hose attachment to clean the gutters. I guess it depends on exactly what type of "stuff" lands on them. They also didn't do too well in heavy rain storms because the openings to keep the stuff out of the gutters were so small. The rain just rolled off the roof over them and into the landscaping.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 06-07-2023, 07:19 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
. Had the Leaf Filter (brand) in NJ. While they kept the inside of the gutters cleaned (because they were covered) there were things like small sprouts from maple trees and things that looked like weeds growing from the tiny holes in them where they got stuck maybe due to the sap in the seedlings on the OUTSIDE of them that still needed to be removed and were harder to remove than using a gutter cleaning "J shaped" hose attachment to clean the gutters. I guess it depends on exactly what type of "stuff" lands on them. They also didn't do too well in heavy rain storms because the openings to keep the stuff out of the gutters were so small. The rain just rolled off the roof over them and into the landscaping.
Good to know, sounds like the holes need to be a little bigger although it may defeat the purpose.
I’m kinda lucky there are no trees near my home.
Closed Thread

Tags
gutter, reliable, honest, found, repaired

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.