The guy who shot the car?

Closed Thread
Old 03-10-2015, 11:02 AM
Sage
Default The guy who shot the car?

Has any one heard anything about the motorcycle rider who shot a car on 466A several months ago. All I remember he was released on 10K bond.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Has any one heard anything about the motorcycle rider who shot a car on 466A several months ago. All I remember he was released on 10K bond.
I believe he never turned up for his hearings and would appear to be gone! He is now (I assume) someone else's problem.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 03-10-2015, 12:28 PM

According to lake County records, there was a trial scheduled for 3/2/15. There is a plea negotiation conference scheduled for 3/18/15, with felony sentencing scheduled for 3/23/15.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:57 PM

I have seen the man pictured in the mugshot out and about in the community several times since, so no, he isn't on the run. On those occasions I've tried my best to think "innocent until proven guilty."
Old 03-11-2015, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Guy View Post
According to lake County records, there was a trial scheduled for 3/2/15. There is a plea negotiation conference scheduled for 3/18/15, with felony sentencing scheduled for 3/23/15.
Thank you for your research, and not a guess
Old 03-11-2015, 05:46 PM
Gold member

I don't know how these rumors get started. I heard he used Florida's "stand your ground law" and driver of car had to reimbuse him for ammo used?
Old 03-11-2015, 07:33 PM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper1 View Post
I don't know how these rumors get started. I heard he used Florida's "stand your ground law" and driver of car had to reimbuse him for ammo used?
Anybody who thinks it's okay to shoot into an occupied car and use FL "stand you ground law" should google Michael Dunn or loud music shooting.

Dunn got 30 years in prison for each shot fired into an occupied car. Three occupants times 30 years, equals 90 years in the state prison for Mr. Dunn, who went to his son's wedding in Jacksonville and never returned home.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper1 View Post

As you said this is a rumor and hardly a fact.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
Anybody who thinks it's okay to shoot into an occupied car and use FL "stand you ground law" should google Michael Dunn or loud music shooting.

Dunn got 30 years in prison for each shot fired into an occupied car. Three occupants times 30 years, equals 90 years in the state prison for Mr. Dunn, who went to his son's wedding in Jacksonville and never returned home.

All you are doing is compounding a rumor.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:49 PM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
All you are doing is compounding a rumor.
My intent was to stop that rumor in its tracks. Don't try it or you could end up like Michael Dunn, a guest of the state of Florida for the next 90 years plus a life sentence for murder. We'll see if Lake County seeks the same penalty.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
My intent was to stop that rumor in its tracks. Don't try it or you could end up like Michael Dunn, a guest of the state of Florida for the next 90 years.

Then your intent was good and I applaud your effort. I just didn't read it that way.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.