Guys, what’s the deal with you.......

Closed Thread
Old 09-14-2018, 08:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,563 Times in 509 Posts
Default Guys, what’s the deal with you.......

......driving your cart with your left knee swung outside the cart or your left foot dangling outside the cart? I see men doing this many times a day but never do I see women doing it, I wonder why? 🤔

You do realize the tremendous amount of pain you are going to suffer and the possibility of losing your leg if you clip something with your leg, or - and this is more likely to happen - someone in an oncoming cart has a “medical issue” and swerves into you?

It’s your choice, your body.....
Old 09-14-2018, 09:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
......driving your cart with your left knee swung outside the cart or your left foot dangling outside the cart? I see men doing this many times a day but never do I see women doing it, I wonder why? 🤔

You do realize the tremendous amount of pain you are going to suffer and the possibility of losing your leg if you clip something with your leg, or - and this is more likely to happen - someone in an oncoming cart has a “medical issue” and swerves into you?

It’s your choice, your body.....
Remember this Red? Beware of the Whacker!
Old 09-14-2018, 09:09 PM

Sorry, Your close ~ But That wasn’t my Foot.
Old 09-14-2018, 09:56 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

CW, I do indeed remember him. Turns out he had Alzheimer’s and would get into the cart whenever he could sneak away from his wife. Sadly, he died. So, no more joyful whacking of knees.

Forget who it was but I do remember a pro football player getting a career-ending injury due to dangling his leg in a golf cart.

Not being a male I can’t speak with great authority, but it seems like it wouldn’t be too hard to adjust your junk before taking off in a golf cart. If you’re tryin to brag about what you have, I just assume you’re into wishful thinking. dangling body parts are a recipe for disaster.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 09-14-2018, 10:31 PM
Veteran member

Gender social body language.

Not a definitive answer but, an interesting article.

Why do females usually cross their legs and guys tend to spread theirs when sitting down? I noticed this at my school assembly and wondered if this was ‘natural’ or not. - Quora

Last edited by SFSkol; 09-14-2018 at 11:03 PM.
Old 09-15-2018, 05:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,579 Times in 1,323 Posts

Notice the person, usually their stomach is very large, usually a, I can’t see my belt overhang. sitting up right causes the need to have their knee outward to give room.
Either they don’t realize the bad out come of someone striking their knee, or just don’t give two hoots.
Either way they might think it an attractive look
Old 09-15-2018, 05:39 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,797 Times in 3,658 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Notice the person, usually their stomach is very large, usually a, I can’t see my belt overhang. sitting up right causes the need to have their knee outward to give room.
Either they don’t realize the bad out come of someone striking their knee, or just don’t give two hoots.
Either way they might think it an attractive look

This comes up every couple of years.
(Clarify............the topic comes up)
Old 09-15-2018, 07:04 AM
Sage

This is a good point....as I too have seen a lot of guys hanging their leg off the cart.

When we were new to T.V. we went to that Newcomer's informational night. Someone who spoke warned againest doing this because of injury possibilities. I think it might be a bad habit these guys picked up from playing golf (???) and thinking it will give them an "edge" on getting off at their next stop. As for the legs spread...maybe making for "comfort" of their....ahem...body parts.
Old 09-15-2018, 07:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,343 Times in 2,066 Posts
Default Keep the mud off the golf cart floor.

PSA: Don'''t drive the golf cart with your foot hanging out. : golf

I noticed that there are various reasons for this.

I always keep my arms and legs inside the golf cart but I only use it for going shopping, dog sitting stops, dog walking journeys, movie theater trips, a romantic rendezvous, parade outings, etc.
Old 09-15-2018, 07:21 AM
Gold member

When you're very tall, like I am, there's no where else for your long legs to go. And, when driving in the cart, I am very aware on oncoming traffic and stay as far to the right as possible.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 09-15-2018, 08:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,131 Times in 2,766 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 View Post
When you're very tall, like I am, there's no where else for your long legs to go. And, when driving in the cart, I am very aware on oncoming traffic and stay as far to the right as possible.
Agree, I am tall also and need to hang the left knee out for comfort, but am very careful to swing it inside the cart for oncoming traffic. Our Yamaha has much more leg room so the knee doesent hang way outside the cart, but the club car is very tight and the left knee swings out pretty far. At least it's the left knee that hangs out, that one hasn't been replaced yet. However, I can't understand hanging the foot outside the cart? That is neither safe or comfortable.
Old 09-15-2018, 08:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,313 Times in 826 Posts

Knee hanging out getting whacked mostly myth. Your side view mirror plus the other persons side view mirror is more distance hanging out than a knee. How many times have you whacked mirrors in you normal golf cart rides ? Probably a good idea to move the knee in on the Morse and Historical bridges.
Old 09-15-2018, 09:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,743 Times in 704 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Knee hanging out getting whacked mostly myth. Your side view mirror plus the other persons side view mirror is more distance hanging out than a knee. How many times have you whacked mirrors in you normal golf cart rides ? Probably a good idea to move the knee in on the Morse and Historical bridges.
Exactly. Much ado about nothing.
Old 09-15-2018, 10:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I'm guilty of the foot thing several times but stopped and brought it in the second I realized I was doing it. That is truly a bad idea. If you drive with anything hanging out of the Cart when traveling over either bridge then you are truly making an error in judgment. The knee hanging out is no problem at all in any other spot as men of any age will do whatever is necessary to defend that part of them. Don't forget the line from Scarface.“All I have in this world is my balls and my word, and I don’t break them for no one.” Makes me think the knee hangers will save the junk at the last second no matter what.

Has there been a set or even possibly one jewel found on the side of a road or Cart Path? Why the concern?
Old 09-15-2018, 10:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,343 Times in 2,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I'm guilty of the foot thing several times but stopped and brought it in the second I realized I was doing it. That is truly a bad idea. If you drive with anything hanging out of the Cart when traveling over either bridge then you are truly making an error in judgment. The knee hanging out is no problem at all in any other spot as men of any age will do whatever is necessary to defend that part of them. Don't forget the line from Scarface.“All I have in this world is my balls and my word, and I don’t break them for no one.” Makes me think the knee hangers will save the junk at the last second no matter what.

Has there been a set or even possibly one jewel found on the side of a road or Cart Path? Why the concern?

I do know a woman who had her leg out of the golf cart and she hit one of the posts at the stop sign coming from the opposite direction. She was hurt quite badly and they had to call the ambulance to come get her.
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, leg, left, clip, it’s

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.