The Gypsies are back in the Villages !

Closed Thread
Old 10-21-2013, 07:36 AM
Veteran member

This is a scam. Having been involved in healthcare for many years, most people don't realize all the money and benefits available to people in trouble. So much so, that many opt not to work at all. Between food stamps, WIC, free healthcare, free college and training programs, free cellphones, subsidized housing, paid transportation (including prepaid taxis and busses), that those with several children did quite well. I remember one woman with 9 children who drove up to the hospital to pick up her new baby in a brand new Cadillac Escalade, dripping in heavy gold jewelry, with a smartphone that rarely left her ear, and was given a lengthy list of pre-arranged benefits and freebies. We were all disgusted. Did I mention she never visited her preemie even once before discharge, even when he almost died?

Those truly in need won't need to panhandle. Panhandlers have other motives, IMHO.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:37 AM
Sage

To squash the problem before it gets worse, we should probably call Community Watch whenever we see panhandlers on or near Villages property.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:45 AM
Sage
Could this band of gypsies have anything to do with the incident involving garbage being gone through last week in Tall Trees? We saw how much community watch did in that event.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by red tail View Post
I have thought and thought about this since I read it yesterday. I know that you mean well and have a kind heart but I think in this instance that you and I and everyone need to be aware.

When I was a young girl I worked in a religious article store in downtown Columbus, Ohio and once or maybe twice a year there would be the gypsies who came in. The owners said to be aware as they would steal anything including rosaries and missals and bibles.

And they did or they tried.

Some people deserve our help and care and others are trying to benefit off of the kindness that most of us have.

I don't know what these people are doing, but leave them alone or report them or give them a loaf of bread.

I hate to be mean and skeptical, but almost everyone can find work around here.

Lightworker just said that Havana is understaffed.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:20 AM
Sage

A CON artist is as scummy as the come.

Last week I watched a woman hitting up customers pumping gas saying she needed just enough gas to get home to get her money that she forgot and she was on empty. Before she drove away, a man with her came out of the store opening a pack of cigarettes.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:46 AM
Sage
Default This is very interesting as per their origin

Romania's minorities - Gypsy

This is very interesting. Please click on above hyperlink to read short article.

It is true as we have a dear friend who is Indian from India; was married to a Hungarian born in Budapest, deceased. We've been aware of the lineage of these gypsies for a long time now.

Our Hungarian friend's mom was Romanian. She knew her history, back and forth..........and would often tell us of the gypsies origins....travels and crime sprees...

When I was a little girl, the gypsies would set up in the empty storefronts.
My mom would walk us past and say to us, "Don't look at them; they will put a curse on you".

Just a blast from the past. I wonder if they did? Put a curse on me?

In our town in Vermont, they haven't been around for years now, but about twenty years ago we were warned by our police that they were "getting into homes" via open side and back doors......(summertime).

That was when we'd still go for our evening hike and leave our doors unlocked and open. That's how safe it was.

The police said they were vagabond gypsies.....like the old tinkerers or whatever. Lately, our town has an issue with "panhandlers" which it never has before in the past........but it never mentioned them as gypsies. I wonder?

Probably illegal as in "profiling". How times have changed.

Actually I was just reading about gypsies in relation to the missing Maddy McCann in Portugal. Detectives are checking into some leads of gypsies and child trafficking.......adorable little blonde girl whose DNA does not match the gypsy parents............so another worry. Hope they find her biological parents. She's too young to be Maddy....but there were a lot of other blonde children found with the gypsies.

Anyway.........above article is interesting...........
Old 10-21-2013, 08:54 AM
Gold member

I wonder how long lived this thread would be if you all were talking disparagingly of another race or ethnic group that has been persecuted throughout the ages and who have been assigned stereotypes.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:59 AM

We heard there was a group walking through Duval Saturday night/early Sunday am. Not a lot could be done as it is a public street. Kinda scary strangers roaming neighborhoods.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillageChicken View Post
I wonder how long lived this thread would be if you all were talking disparagingly of another race or ethnic group that has been persecuted throughout the ages and who have been assigned stereotypes.
This is where politically correct goes out the window, chicken.

Some conclusions are based on poor behavior of a group of people and can only be improved....

I don't know how they can be improved.

Can you tell us?

The rest of us have to conclude that if it walks like a duck, etc.

But you are a chicken. AN anonymous chicken. Watch out for the Fox.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...248AF443754ECB
Old 10-21-2013, 09:41 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

I did see (I guess it was them) on US 441 by Walmart last year---maybe about this time of year a man & woman asking for money. By the way, people were giving them money as they stopped at the traffic signal. I was headed to Comcast to see if I could talk to a real person about my equipment. Finally gave up on Comcast and bought myself a 79 cent cup of coffee at McDonald's. Didn't see any gypsies in McDonalds.

Most of us are vulnerable because we were generally taught to think the "best" of people and give them the benefit of a doubt. From reading about these people---BEWARE!
Old 10-21-2013, 09:48 AM
Veteran member
Default Gypsies

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior citizen View Post
Romania's minorities - Gypsy

This is very interesting. Please click on above hyperlink to read short article.

It is true as we have a dear friend who is Indian from India; was married to a Hungarian born in Budapest, deceased. We've been aware of the lineage of these gypsies for a long time now.

Our Hungarian friend's mom was Romanian. She knew her history, back and forth..........and would often tell us of the gypsies origins....travels and crime sprees...

When I was a little girl, the gypsies would set up in the empty storefronts.
My mom would walk us past and say to us, "Don't look at them; they will put a curse on you".

Just a blast from the past. I wonder if they did? Put a curse on me?

In our town in Vermont, they haven't been around for years now, but about twenty years ago we were warned by our police that they were "getting into homes" via open side and back doors......(summertime).

That was when we'd still go for our evening hike and leave our doors unlocked and open. That's how safe it was.

The police said they were vagabond gypsies.....like the old tinkerers or whatever. Lately, our town has an issue with "panhandlers" which it never has before in the past........but it never mentioned them as gypsies. I wonder?

Probably illegal as in "profiling". How times have changed.

Actually I was just reading about gypsies in relation to the missing Maddy McCann in Portugal. Detectives are checking into some leads of gypsies and child trafficking.......adorable little blonde girl whose DNA does not match the gypsy parents............so another worry. Hope they find her biological parents. She's too young to be Maddy....but there were a lot of other blonde children found with the gypsies.

Anyway.........above article is interesting...........
In 1991 a little boy called Ben Needham aged 21 months went missing from his family home on the island of Kos, never to be seen again. The Grrek police said at the time that gypsies do not take children! Really? A cab driver came forward and said the boy had been in his cab with a gypsy couple, nothing was done. Ben is still missing as is Maddy McCann
Old 10-21-2013, 09:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillageChicken View Post
Really. big difference between ethnic groups and thieves.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:29 AM
Gold member

most of these people are not gypsy's or criminals,
they are just poor rednecks looking for a handout. call me a sucker or whatever but I occasionally give small amounts of money to them and I feel good after I do it.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:29 AM
Sage

Getting back to the point of this thread that there are now back with us, travelers, who do not live here and may well be up to something. Keep an eye on them, please don't encourage them and report them, if your hinky meter goes off.

Common sense folks.

We took a huge left turn above.

I don't know what a" HINKY" meter is but Patty said it once, and I think it means that it just doesn't FEEL right. (The girls among us will understand that, the guys will roll their eyes)

The Villages Florida

In other words, if you see something, say something. The law enforcers will thank you.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
To squash the problem before it gets worse, we should probably call Community Watch whenever we see panhandlers on or near Villages property.
Why waste your time calling them. They can do nothing. Call the
Sheriff or local PD

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.