Hacienda Hills Demolition

Closed Thread
Old 07-30-2020, 10:41 AM

Plans should be filed with the town, permits etc. should be there. Go to town hall and ask. It’s public information.
Old 07-30-2020, 11:40 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Community Cop View Post
This is another Katie-Belle's disaster. Seems the developers only concerns lie south of Route 44.
And there are those south of 44 who claim that "The Developer" does not care about them because there is no shopping and no bridges.

So easy to criticize.
Old 07-30-2020, 11:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
We will know the plans for this property in due time after the plans are finalized and permits for construction are obtained.
I agree which is why I will join you Why people think they have a right to know what the Developer is planning escapes me.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 07-30-2020, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
I have no strong feelings about the Morses one way or the other, but sometimes do idly wonder about their seeming reluctance to share information. There are frequent questions on TOTV about what's happening with this or that project, most often with no official answer.

I guess I just don't see the upside in them keeping certain news and plans so secretive. Even Don apparently had a bit of fuss with them about his construction flyover videos.
Even when they do relate any future plans, and something happens to stall those plans for a few months, the residents complain.....whine....."they promised us...." . Current plans for bridges and cart path connecting South across SR44 and Turnpike are the classic example. The residents will be informed when the developer is ready to inform.....not before.....too many things can go wrong. He is a business man running a business, not a club.
Old 07-30-2020, 02:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I am critical of posters bashing south of 44, hoping someday it will stop. Then you come along and start bashing the north. I just don't get it.
Me either. I will never, ever, EVER, understand why some people enjoy the negative, look for trouble and slyly enjoy getting over on others. Most people have a sixth sense that warns them of trouble or go to people to run things by. That is how I look at this Forum; a go to place to run things by. I think everyone should be a dependable person who tells the truth and yet I have a sixth sense that tells me that some just want to upset others.

Oh Bogie. I hope that was within the framework of what we are allowed to say.
Old 07-30-2020, 02:14 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 384 Posts

Maybe people should stop thrashing valid opinions.

The future of TV is South of 44. Admit it.

Bigger homes, more amenities.

Northern parts of TV will be like Orange Blossom one day....old houses ready for the wrecking ball.
Old 07-30-2020, 02:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Me either. I will never, ever, EVER, understand why some people enjoy the negative, look for trouble and slyly enjoy getting over on others. Most people have a sixth sense that warns them of trouble or go to people to run things by. That is how I look at this Forum; a go to place to run things by. I think everyone should be a dependable person who tells the truth and yet I have a sixth sense that tells me that some just want to upset others.

Oh Bogie. I hope that was within the framework of what we are allowed to say.
I think what you guys said is ok ........ well maybe that "TRUTH" part may not be allowed.
Old 07-30-2020, 03:31 PM
Default Hacienda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
A 10 story apartment complex!
Why only ten? Remember the buildout.
Old 07-30-2020, 04:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post

Northern parts of TV will be like Orange Blossom one day....old houses ready for the wrecking ball.
Not even close to being true. So, no. I will NOT admit it.

BTW: Opinions are neither valid nor invalid. They are just opinions. Everyone can have one, but they have no basis to claim opinion as fact.
Old 08-03-2020, 04:39 PM
Default Good Riddance

Am personally glad to see if finally being torn down so something new, different, better can replace it. The building was probably mold infested (you could smell it when you were checking in for golf in the pro shop) and the restaurant had had numerous health violations and had been shut down at least once because of it. Yes, in its hey day it was beautiful and a place of good times. But through the years it had become tired and in dire need of more than a face-lift. It has been stated that a new pro-shop will be part of the rebuild (which you have to believe because the developer is on record as keeping the golf course and would need a pro-shop to run the course) and there will likely be other amenities associated with a new facility. Hopefully, if successful, this can be a model for what will happen to other existing facilities when they age and outlive their original luster -- that they will be addressed and replaced as appropriate. Onward!
Old 08-03-2020, 07:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post

Hush your mouth on the Wrecking Ball! Who gave you permission to put something like that in writing? There are 4400 HOMES in The Historic Section. 4000 of them are beautiful. So the view from your Ivory Tower must be a little clouded. It's almost your bedtime. Give the criticism a break.

Of course, it's their future South of 44. All areas over this side on the North of 44 are in the rearview mirror but ALL are just fine.
Old 08-03-2020, 08:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,083 Times in 2,746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxCat View Post
Am personally glad to see if finally being torn down so something new, different, better can replace it. The building was probably mold infested (you could smell it when you were checking in for golf in the pro shop) and the restaurant had had numerous health violations and had been shut down at least once because of it. Yes, in its hey day it was beautiful and a place of good times. But through the years it had become tired and in dire need of more than a face-lift. It has been stated that a new pro-shop will be part of the rebuild (which you have to believe because the developer is on record as keeping the golf course and would need a pro-shop to run the course) and there will likely be other amenities associated with a new facility. Hopefully, if successful, this can be a model for what will happen to other existing facilities when they age and outlive their original luster -- that they will be addressed and replaced as appropriate. Onward!
Highlighted is the key thing I will be closely watching. What will be the president for the new model will be very important as a gauge of what to expect in the future. Stay tuned!
Old 08-04-2020, 10:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts
Default The tragedy of places that close down and are mourned

Please give me a break , when those places were popular they had no competition, instead of complaining about those closed places , how about all the choices you have to eat on 441. Talking about the failure of the neighborhoods there are beautiful neighborhoods North of 466 great tree lined streets well kept homes,the complaining people trying to link aging trailers with site built housing is ridiculous . I’m in new section now but I started out in Springdale when it was just starting , I just saw my old house sold for twice what I paid for it . I suspect that many of the complaining peoples homes have also gone way up in value , just reading the for sale pages tell me so
Old 08-04-2020, 10:52 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Not even close to being true. So, no. I will NOT admit it.

BTW: Opinions are neither valid nor invalid. They are just opinions. Everyone can have one, but they have no basis to claim opinion as fact.
A man after my own heart. Opinions are just that...OPINIONS. YOU HAVE YOURS...I HAVE MINE. Who is to say which is “right”?
Old 08-05-2020, 10:48 AM
Default Truth is a Moving Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
I have no strong feelings about the Morses one way or the other, but sometimes do idly wonder about their seeming reluctance to share information. There are frequent questions on TOTV about what's happening with this or that project, most often with no official answer.

I guess I just don't see the upside in them keeping certain news and plans so secretive. Even Don apparently had a bit of fuss with them about his construction flyover videos.
I imagine that there are various options that are being considered, and if any one of them is revealed, people will come to rely on it. Then, should a different option either come available or be decided upon (for any of a number of reasons!), then they'd get called all kinds of names for not pursuing the one option that was made public.

Not revealing the options can also help keep prices down by allowing negotiating leverage since they wouldn't be cornered into a specific option.

The downside to all this is that the public speculates, and we'll make stuff up if we don't have real information. A possible good rule of thumb is that when there's nothing specific then all options are possible, and possibly they are open to suggestions.
Closed Thread

Tags
hacienda, demolition, hills, property, happen

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.