What About Hacienda?

Closed Thread
Old 08-11-2020, 10:56 AM
Default What About Hacienda?

Rumors are flying about the future of the Hacienda Hills CC property. I overheard a conversation this morning that apartments or condos will be built and a restaurant and pool will replace the old restaurant and pro shop. The most upsetting part of the conversation was that the Palms 9 would be torn out to make room for the condos. This is simply devastating to me (if it is true). Although I don’t live near there, the thought that TV is leaning in this direction upsets me greatly. With all of the sprawl that is taking place down south where there are virtually no amenities whatsoever, how could tearing up the Palms benefit anyone, not to mention the people who bought homes there? What about the impact on home prices throughout The Villages? More apartments will have a negative impact on the rest of us. Does anyone have ANY idea what the developer is planning to do? BTW, condo owners will have all the amenities we homeowners have, including the new pool and restaurant. I also heard that these condos or apartments could be income restricted. Not a good thing at all.
Old 08-11-2020, 11:02 AM
Sage

Already lots of discussion here: Hacienda hills is now just rubble - what goes in now?
Old 08-11-2020, 04:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,940 Times in 2,460 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne19335 View Post
Rumors are flying about the future of the Hacienda Hills CC property. I overheard a conversation this morning that apartments or condos will be built and a restaurant and pool will replace the old restaurant and pro shop. The most upsetting part of the conversation was that the Palms 9 would be torn out to make room for the condos. This is simply devastating to me (if it is true). Although I don’t live near there, the thought that TV is leaning in this direction upsets me greatly. With all of the sprawl that is taking place down south where there are virtually no amenities whatsoever, how could tearing up the Palms benefit anyone, not to mention the people who bought homes there? What about the impact on home prices throughout The Villages? More apartments will have a negative impact on the rest of us. Does anyone have ANY idea what the developer is planning to do? BTW, condo owners will have all the amenities we homeowners have, including the new pool and restaurant. I also heard that these condos or apartments could be income restricted. Not a good thing at all.
What the developers planning on doing? Well IMO quite obvious. Dump bunch of apartments keep the amenities fee’s in already crowded area. They set presidents when he was able to dump lofts on district 13 with full amenities to villages and keep monthly amenities fee’s. It won’t be the end, districts will either have to buy their run down facilities or be face with next Their scheme. He may own the land but he has no control over the district ( yes they do if the have there little yes men in place on committees that represent residents) We will soon see?
Old 08-11-2020, 04:30 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
What the developers planning on doing? Well IMO quite obvious. Dump bunch of apartments keep the amenities fee’s in already crowded area. They set presidents when he was able to dump lofts on district 13 with full amenities to villages and keep monthly amenities fee’s. It won’t be the end, districts will either have to buy their run down facilities or be face with next Their scheme. He may own the land but he has no control over the district ( yes they do if the have there little yes men in place on committees that represent residents) We will soon see?
Last I heard District 9 was was most likely taking the Lofts at Brownwood. The elected officials of District 9 will regret that when they are up for reelection.
Old 08-11-2020, 04:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
Last I heard District 9 was was most likely taking the Lofts at Brownwood. The elected officials of District 9 will regret that when they are up for reelection.

I couldn’t remember which district? I thought being is was on other side of highway it would be district on that side. I dough they will regret it, they accomplished the developers wishes.
Old 08-11-2020, 04:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
I couldn’t remember which district? I thought being is was on other side of highway it would be district on that side. I dough they will regret it, they accomplished the developers wishes.
And many of us are glad they did.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 08-11-2020, 06:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
And many of us are glad they did.
And manny more are not.
Old 08-12-2020, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Another he said, she said......if you don’t know facts, don’t post rumors
Old 08-12-2020, 07:11 AM

It’s not a rumor the open hearing is today at 9:00AM. Vote NO to apartments

The AAC will meet at 9 a.m. Wednesday at Savannah Center. The meeting is open to the public.

Last edited by Davelinda91; 08-12-2020 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Wrong information
Old 08-12-2020, 07:16 AM

Quote:
This property is in Sumter County and the discussion implies a multi-story apartment building. What role can we expect the incumbent Sumter County Commissioner play is protecting the citizens of Sumter County in the construction of a multi-story apartment building in a exiting residential area?
Old 08-12-2020, 07:25 AM

Quote:
The Hacienda Hills CC prosperity is in Sumter County, and the current discussion implies the construction of a multi-story apartment building.

What role should the Sumter County Commission play in protecting the citizens of Sumter County from the construction of a multi-story apartment building in an existing residential area?
Old 08-12-2020, 07:43 AM

When are the people in The Villages and those contemplating moving here going to realize the Morse family does not give a hoot about what is best the for the community, only them. Grandfather is rolling in his grave.
Old 08-12-2020, 07:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,088 Times in 2,749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by john352 View Post
The Hacienda Hills CC prosperity is in Sumter County, and the current discussion implies the construction of a multi-story apartment building.

What role should the Sumter County Commission play in protecting the citizens of Sumter County from the construction of a multi-story apartment building in an existing residential area?
There is no protection (for existing homeowners) to be had from the current Sumter County Commissioners, they are the developers puppets. We can only hope the Amenity Authority Committee votes to reject granting amenity privileges to the proposed high density rental apartment complex. Without amenity privileges the economics of the apartment complex might change enough to take that plan off the table. Fingers crossed for this mornings vote to protect the existing single family homeowners living in the area!
Old 08-12-2020, 07:52 AM

Sad to hear about all the apartments and condos that are either being built or being considered. What happen to the single family home concept which is why many of us bought here. The Villages is getting to big and projects like this will just add to the crowds and change the life style we have come to enjoy. Hope the vote today is no to apartments.
Old 08-12-2020, 07:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daca55 View Post
Sad to hear about all the apartments and condos that are either being built or being considered. What happen to the single family home concept which is why many of us bought here. The Villages is getting to big and projects like this will just add to the crowds and change the life style we have come to enjoy. Hope the vote today is no to apartments.

guess we'll all just have to take a wait and see attitude on how these apartments impact the quality of life

there will come a point where the circus becomes too big for the tent
Closed Thread

Tags
condos, apartments, restaurant, impact, palms

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.