Hacienda hills is now just rubble - what goes in now?

Closed Thread
Old 08-12-2020, 08:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,940 Times in 2,460 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I think age restricted rentals would be great. If I am ever a single I certainly would not want to keep my home and the upkeep of that home, but I love my area, so for me an apartment complex with a pool, restaurant and walking trails would be great.

I am also a cool aid drinker, and have yet to be disappointed with anything the Developer has built here. I have no comment on Brownwood or the apartments there. I live on the North side, I shop on the north ide, I socialize on the north side. I like the north side.
With all apartments ( this only the begainning). It may affect home sales in downward trend or lot harder to sell home especially if the home was once o n golf course which now has apartments in the back yard???
Old 08-12-2020, 08:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRogers View Post
I live in the Village of Chatham and stand opposed the VLS proposal on the proposed redevelopment of Hacienda Hills Apartment development plan. It is simply the wrong plan for the proposed site. There are many reasons for this;

1) It would drastically change the tenor of area for the current residents living in that area. We already have the developer building assisted living or memory care facilities on just about every open area north of 466.

2) Morse Blvd is already one of the most busy and candidly, dangerous roads in not only TV, but in all of Sumter county. The intersections all along that road from Paige Place circle to the gate at 466 are dangerous enough for vehicular traffic, golf carts, and pedestrians without adding more cars to the mix.

3) the proposed amenities the developer would build are not needed in this area, there are enough pools, courts, etc in this area to meet demand and our Amenity fees are not and never have been designed to help the developer attract new buyers to new ventures. There are more than enough restaurants and what happens if years down the road they pull another “Katie Bells” on us folks when they decide a more lucrative commercial development than a restaurant serves their purpose. There are plenty of open spots in all the town centers if they want to go into the restaurant business. Also remember the “Santiago” restaurant, how did that work out.

Instead of any new pools, courts, etc. how about the developer offering to change the 27 hole Hacienda Hills pay to play country club where he makes money into (3) “new” “ executive”golf courses for the benefit of ALL those living in the area north of 466. All that would require is some starter shacks be built. Counter his proposal with that idea and see what they say. I suspect the developer will not even consider that. He has built no new golf courses north of 466 in many years yet added many more new homes and residents, (Phillips, Souillere, Chatham acres) and made a lot of $$$ but added no new holes to play. He has no compunction about building courses south of the Turnpike.

4) the developer is always looking at using our amenity fees as a lure for every project he plans, like the apartments at Brownwood. The developer never builds new amenities although he proposes that here, but history has shown that if and when he does he laters ends up selling them back to the AAC or PWC who get stuck with long term costs of maintenance and repairs.

5) the amenity fees are already increasing yearly, and we do not need to be giving them away. The AAC settlement fees will not last forever. As it is now If a new house is buil, the occupants join in and pay amenity fees, just like the folks in Souiller Villas and Phillips Villas did. If the residents of these new apartments want amenities, let them pay to play just like any new homeowner in TV is required to do.

These are just a few thoughts you and the fellow board members might want to consider.

Thank you
Philip Rogers
V/O Chatham

I agree cause he will be knocking on district 4 door in the not to distant future AGAIN.
Old 08-12-2020, 08:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
what about a villager who doesn’t want to take care of a big house, but is still healthy to live on his own, I hope they build more of these type of adults only apartments, and adding a restaurant , pool , whatever is a nice idea . I think some posters would rather see a vacant lot , so they could keep complaining that the family never does anything for them .yes the family is about making money , but to do that they have to make people happy and for 20 years in 5 different homes they have made me very happy

You move on to the many assisted living apartments on about every corner
Old 08-12-2020, 08:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
With all apartments ( this only the begainning). It may affect home sales in downward trend or lot harder to sell home especially if the home was once o n golf course which now has apartments in the back yard???
Totally disagree. The Morse family did not become gazillionaires by chance, these people know what they are doing and I am quite sure the Hacienda apartments will be quite lovely and an asset to the area. After all the old Hacienda Restaurant was no longer very attractive and had been neglected inside and out. At one time it was a beautiful restaurant where Jackets were required of diners, those times are long gone.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 08-12-2020, 08:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
To anyone owning a home on a Championship golf course anywhere in the Villages, you better be watching this very closely. That huge premium you paid for your home could rapidly go up in smoke. If the developer gets away with their plans for Hacienda Hills, I predict Glenview will be the next target.

I used to be addicted to the kool aid that Gary Morse served, and boy do I miss that drink. The new recipe for kool aid being served by the current generation of the Morse family has a bitter taste.
I agree what’s to say glenview, Lopez, and polo fields won’t next?
Old 08-12-2020, 08:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Totally disagree. The Morse family did not become gazillionaires by chance, these people know what they are doing and I am quite sure the Hacienda apartments will be quite lovely and an asset to the area. After all the old Hacienda Restaurant was no longer very attractive and had been neglected inside and out. At one time it was a beautiful restaurant where Jackets were required of diners, those times are long gone.
Bet, you don’t live in the area and on golf course that they paid premium price for which may have apartments complex 3 stories High plus and no championship golf course. Sure it’s ok as long as it don’t affect me?
Old 08-12-2020, 10:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
I agree what’s to say glenview, Lopez, and polo fields won’t next?
Right now there is a family of restaurateurs running the other country club restaurants, if they fail to provide decent food and a pleasant atmosphere they deserve to fail and become apartments.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 08-12-2020, 10:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
Bet, you don’t live in the area and on golf course that they paid premium price for which may have apartments complex 3 stories High plus and no championship golf course. Sure it’s ok as long as it don’t affect me?
How WRONG you are.

...... and where are you residing doing all this talking about how terrible everything is going to be? Do you even live here in TV?

Old 08-13-2020, 09:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,927 Times in 1,113 Posts
Default There is big difference

Quote:
You move on to the many assisted living apartments on about every corner
Between apartments and independent living and not just price . Many people do not need any kind of help , but just maybe want a resort style life and less space
Closed Thread

Tags
hacienda, hills, rubble, property, happen

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.