Hadley Pool

Closed Thread
Old 05-31-2011, 08:51 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOMBERO View Post
Lighten up and Thank You.

You know what they say: "some people would BITCH if you hung them with a new rope."
Bombero,

Actually I think ALL people would bitch about being hung - regardless of the age of the rope.

Paulandjean seems to have a habit of snarky posts. Why be mean? Why not just say I like the new chairs and give your reasons? We all know that Gracie is a lovely person - why so sarcastic to her?

I agree that it is great to have the place updated as needed, but most of these chairs didn't need to be replaced (in many of the opinions above). If the district uses it's capital replacement fund to buy things that don't need replacing (yet), won't that mean that there is less $$ left for other projects?

k
Old 05-31-2011, 10:03 AM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOMBERO View Post
You know what they say about opinions.

Yes, but sadly, this saying reduces opinions to a very low level of comparison. Opinions are great. Our country was founded on opinions. The Villages was based on the opinions of a few visionaries.

JLK
Old 05-31-2011, 10:32 AM
Sage

Originally Posted by tpop1 on 10/20/10.

Marginalizing other peoples' viewpoints!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been a member of this board for 2 years now and have gained valuable insights on many subjects; insights based on input from you, the contributors. I’ve experienced great restaurants, golf cart service, plumbers, etc. by taking your recommendations.

Recently I have been feeling that contributors’ inputs are increasingly being minimized based on other poster s’ “world views.”

I highly doubt that a person would put information on this board about treatment in a restaurant, or how they feel about the church they attend, just for sport.

A person’s perceptions are very real to them despite what anyone else feels about their experiences at a location.

In fact I have seen the opinions of three posters, with essentially the same experience at one of the local restaurants, be marginalized by several posters because they did not experience it themselves and because they like the establishment.

I find it funny that some establishments (does Too Jays come to mind?) rarely get bad reviews here. Must be something to it?

I will continue to take your views into consideration when dining, purchasing, praying; any time I spend my time or money. You have yet to lead me wrong.
_

I agree that marginalizing one point of view seems to be happening with frequency lately.

I will not ne drawn into any argument with anyone as "I agree that we disagree".
Old 05-31-2011, 11:10 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Originally Posted by tpop1 on 10/20/10.

Marginalizing other peoples' viewpoints!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been a member of this board for 2 years now and have gained valuable insights on many subjects; insights based on input from you, the contributors. I’ve experienced great restaurants, golf cart service, plumbers, etc. by taking your recommendations.

Recently I have been feeling that contributors’ inputs are increasingly being minimized based on other poster s’ “world views.”

I highly doubt that a person would put information on this board about treatment in a restaurant, or how they feel about the church they attend, just for sport.

A person’s perceptions are very real to them despite what anyone else feels about their experiences at a location.

In fact I have seen the opinions of three posters, with essentially the same experience at one of the local restaurants, be marginalized by several posters because they did not experience it themselves and because they like the establishment.

I find it funny that some establishments (does Too Jays come to mind?) rarely get bad reviews here. Must be something to it?

I will continue to take your views into consideration when dining, purchasing, praying; any time I spend my time or money. You have yet to lead me wrong.
_

I agree that marginalizing one point of view seems to be happening with frequency lately.

I will not ne drawn into any argument with anyone as "I agree that we disagree".

Smart words from two Nutmeggers!
Old 05-31-2011, 11:30 AM
Gold member
Default Katezbox

I gave the facts. I cannot have a opinion. Maybe because it is not the same as yours. Maybe if you understand what "Lighten UP" means, you would not take things so serious.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:23 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
I gave the facts. I cannot have a opinion. Maybe because it is not the same as yours. Maybe if you understand what "Lighten UP" means, you would not take things so serious.
p&j - you gave your opinion about when new chairs were needed, whether designer labels made sense and you told folks who felt otherwise to "lighten up." Believe it or not, I was acquainted with the term "lighten up" before you defined ti for me... Perhaps, I should define "snarky" for you - oops - think I just showed you an example!

I respect your opinion - but I don't respect your comments to Gracie (and others)....
Old 05-31-2011, 01:38 PM
Gold member
Default Katezman

Thank you so much for repecting my opinion. That means so much to me.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:56 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
Thank you so much for repecting my opinion. That means so much to me.
Bazinga!
Old 05-31-2011, 03:13 PM
KittyKat
Exclamation Update!

I found out that the Recreation Dept does the purchasing of the pool furniture so I just sent them an email about our opinions of the new pool furniture. I also asked them what criteria they used in deciding when to replace same and in the future could they place some samples at the pools and give us a way to rate them before they buy them enmasse? I referenced this site, hope that is OK; nothing on here that they shouldn't be able to read.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:11 PM
KittyKat
Smile Final update

Received a phonecall this afternoon from John/Recreation Dept Director in reply to my email. He stated that they have had so many problems with the fabric-type material not holding up to Florida's weather so they decided to go with the type of furniture we now have. I told him that people had suggested another color besides white because it is already looking dirty and he said he would keep that in mind the next time.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelZ View Post
Pools are run by the VCCD I would contact your VCCD reps and let them know.
I grew up in Beooklyn also and then moved to Rockland County Normady Villages..Where did you live in Brooklyn and Rockland county?

Josephine
Old 06-02-2011, 04:52 PM

I gre up in Brooklyn also Williamburg then I moved to Rockland County Normady Village where did you live in Brooklyn and then in Rockland county....
Old 06-02-2011, 06:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I haven't seen them with my own eyes and have to rely on all of you to tell us about things that are happening since we are off campus.

I have had only good experiences with the choices so far, and that is the reason I was questioning .

I am sorry if I offended anyone.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I haven't seen them with my own eyes and have to rely on all of you to tell us about things that are happening since we are off campus.

I have had only good experiences with the choices so far, and that is the reason I was questioning .

Gracie..you could never offend anyone. I always enjoy your comments.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:50 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

I haven't heard of anyone being offended, but I've caught wind of new lounge chairs being somewhat disgruntled with the comments going around.

Don't worry though! I've threatend them that if they didn't keep their whining to themselves, all us TV heavyweights will come down hard on them! The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.