Happy to report CDD violations...

Closed Thread
Old 08-26-2020, 06:01 AM
Default Deed restrictions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
I will happily report and violations that occur when I see them. I have no problem using my full name and address.

If you don't agree then just don't violate the deed restrictions you agreed to when buying your house.

This isn't rocket science. There are people who don't like those who report them or others. They seem to feel it's their right even though they signed on the dotted line without coercion. They call people "troll's"...accuse them of being power hungry. The fact is they're in the wrong and don't like being called to account.

Perhaps moving to Seattle, LA, Detroit, DC or any other metropolitan area would be preferable.

I love it here and hope the "trolls" continue to act even if it means giving their name/address. If you have trouble with those that whine just give a call out. The common sense people will help you.

Fred Clark
In theory I agree. But having served as President of a HOA condo board , I can tell you "The devil is in the details". I encouraged the other four members not to get wrapped up with the nitpickers and the minutia. Here in TV the quality of life is too good to be worried about MINOR violations. (In the eyes of the beholder.) Ex. If the cops gave us tickets for going FIVE-OVER it would be very uncomfortable !
Old 08-26-2020, 06:01 AM

I don't really care either way. However, you may find appointing yourself deed restriction police, which I don't recommend anyone do, has consequences. It's one thing to complain about something in your own neighborhood. It's quite another to go traversing around The Villages looking for them. Seriously, is your life that dull?
Old 08-26-2020, 06:05 AM
Thanked 1,306 Times in 237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
I will happily report and violations that occur when I see them. I have no problem using my full name and address.

If you don't agree then just don't violate the deed restrictions you agreed to when buying your house.

This isn't rocket science. There are people who don't like those who report them or others. They seem to feel it's their right even though they signed on the dotted line without coercion. They call people "troll's"...accuse them of being power hungry. The fact is they're in the wrong and don't like being called to account.

Perhaps moving to Seattle, LA, Detroit, DC or any other metropolitan area would be preferable.

I love it here and hope the "trolls" continue to act even if it means giving their name/address. If you have trouble with those that whine just give a call out. The common sense people will help you.

Fred Clark
I’ve lived here over a year and a half and to be honest I don’t even know what the violations would be? I don’t recall being handed a piece of paper saying you can do this and you can’t do this? If I was going to report something it would have to be kind of a commonsense thing. Something that was obviously not right. I would like to know where I can get a copy of what my deed restrictions are? And I also understand that they’re different in different areas? Could it get any more confusing?
Old 08-26-2020, 06:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
You mean neighbors who break the covenants and restrictions we all agreed to?

What should someone do if say, a neighbor puts in an above ground metal pool? Or puts a car up on blocks. Is that OK or should you be able to report it to a deed violation department?
There are limits to everything but to boast about driving around informing on your neighbors is to me over the top and glad I do not live anywhere near him.

What else will he decide to inform on, perhaps the comings and goings of his neighbors?

And btw to the best of our knowledge we have no violations.
Old 08-26-2020, 06:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

I am glad that one area voted to discontinue anonymous complaints. It's more American-like to be able to "face your accuser." Anonymous informing/trolling is so Communist like in nature.
Laws and rules in America ARE flexible in most cases. In the Villages, it does not seem to be the case. I often hear "well, a rule is a rule." Unfortunately, you can see in today's national news plenty of exceptions to that idea.
Thank goodness that my neighborhood does not have the same restrictions that many others do in The Villages. I have neighbors that have their own ideas on how to personalize their property and I find it interesting. I do not agree with those that feel that everything should be the same. Hopefully, that is not going to be construed as being "liberal."
I guess the old saying is true that "misery loves company" because I see many on here agree with the trolls. Don't get me wrong, I do believe in law and order. I just also believe in the idea that all laws and rules being flexible. One law does not require the same exact penalty. After all, we have judges that impose differing penalties to different violators every day. I have seen DUI violators get off with a fine and slap on the wrist. I have seen many violators get off with probation or a warning.
If you want to see a happy neighborhood, drive around until you see one that has yards that are personalized with no two being the same. I drove through a neighborhood recently where one person edged his landscaping with beer bottles. I found it interesting. Not my cup of tea but still interesting and original.
Please do not throw out that same old argument that if everyone did as they pleased, we would have old cars and trucks in front yards. Every situation deserves to be treated separately. If that truck or car does not bother the neighbors then it should not bother those of other neighborhoods that are visiting or just passing through. The local neighbors ought to have the final say, not some outsider.
Why is it that some areas have much more lenient deed restrictions than others? Does it bother you that they do not "conform" to your standards?
Give it a break. Live and let live, because truth be told it doesn't even matter. Why can't folks allow others some peace of mind in their twilight years?
Just a note, I have known folks that complain about deed violations that will walk their dog onto someone else's property to do it's thing. It just goes to show you how much respect they have for others; their neighbors. And yet, they want everyone to "conform."
The other day, a golf cart ran a stop sign and almost caused me to hit him. He did not even acknowledge his mistake. It made me wonder if this is one of the ones that believe in "law and order." He was not the only one. It seems there are many golf cart operators that do not believe that stop signs pertain to golf carts. But I digress.
Final thought; does someone's little gnome, cross or fake bird in their yard really matter that much to you? If so, a bit of introspection may be called for.
Be happy. If you can't, then fake it until it happens to you.
Old 08-26-2020, 06:40 AM

Trolls have to much time in their hands and most likely feel empower doing it. If you see something talk to your neighbor about it first. Could be reasons or not realize not in compliance. They might not be able to do because health issue and could use some help instead of a troll complaining. Be neighborly instead of a crouch. I live on culsac and asked for it to be cleanup and trash taken. They came trim trees adjacent and never touch the trees on culsac or pickup trash in bushes by trees they trim.
Old 08-26-2020, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
So it's OK to complain about deed violations only "in you’re own district" but rag about apartments all over The Villages. Isn't that hypocritical?
Apartments aren’t deed restrictions.....
Old 08-26-2020, 06:57 AM

I sat on the board of my neighborhood CDD in Tampa. I love deed restrictions as they help maintain property values. We had a committee who was assigned to periodically go through the community to report violations. This was very effective, was applied to every property equally and did not pit neighbor against neighbor. We were all volunteers.
Old 08-26-2020, 06:59 AM

I have said this for the last 9 years we've lived here: Shame on you who violate the restrictions. Have you no pride in curb appeal? You are affecting the property values for yourselves and your neighbors. For those that have a weed infested pig sty yard, is this the way you lived in your previous home without restrictions? Now that said, SHAME ON THE DEVELOPER AND COMMUNITY DISTRICTS that force neighbors to report each other. Every other blasted community have standards folks that drive the neighborhoods and writes up offenders. There is no need to start potential neighborhood feuds over rules THEY created. I'll not report anyone--personal choice, but certainly respect those that do, even if it's not in their own neighborhood. What does that have to do with it? All weed and mildew infested properties reflect badly on The Villages as a whole.
It's sickening. Ron
Old 08-26-2020, 07:02 AM

Who appointed these trolls as judge and jury?
Why are the trolls allowed to determine major/minor infractions?
Glad I don’t live in those neighborhoods, that I know of.... I prefer to be a good neighbor, not a RAT, and enjoy life and not patrol.
Old 08-26-2020, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensor17 View Post
Of all the worthwhile things in life to do it Seems a WASTE Of Life’s short time to go around neighborhood Looking to start trouble. They used to call such folks busybodies. Now it’s trolls.
May i suggest you spend time wisely on this Earth helping someone in a grief group at church get through loss of spouse Etc. OR offer a disabled neighbor help with getting groceries, or small cleanup OR go through your own closets/garage to give Items to Goodwill.
You can and should do all those things, but still have pride in your property. I don't know that people go 'looking for issues' but when just strolling around, up jumps a mildew and weed infested house, it's just there and you can't un-see it. It's like a train wreck: Horrifying and mesmerizing at the same time.
Old 08-26-2020, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Always nice to have people informing on their neighbors. Great way to make friends and influence people.
Completely agree. It’s divisive, and creates conflicts
Old 08-26-2020, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortal1 View Post
i will happily report and violations that occur when i see them. I have no problem using my full name and address.

Perhaps moving to seattle, la, detroit, dc or any other metropolitan area would be preferable.

Fred clark
sometime people have nothing better to do than to stick their nose in other peoples business. Maybe getting a hobby or a life would be a better choice.
Old 08-26-2020, 07:14 AM
Soaring Eagle member

In a way I'm happy to see the change. But I think everyone should pull out that piece of paper we signed for the happy day when we closed. How many have had landscape work done and assumed the guy putting it in was doing the right thing. Is your raised flower bed the required footage off the property line? Is your rear yard planting the required setback. Are your shrubs or hedges to high, Did we repaint with an approved color.( A friend got nailed 3 years after the new paint job). These are only the big ones that I know people have been nailed for nevermind the little white crosses or the small little yard flags. Been there for sure. Some real stupid little items that I know people have been turned in for. The best was the guy gets turned in and his neighbor had the same violation but since he wasn't turned in there was no problem. I'll mind my yard you mind yours. JMO
Old 08-26-2020, 07:23 AM

Shouldn't the villages be the ones enforcing the rules? You shouldn't have to report your neighbors
Closed Thread

Tags
report, people, call, trolls, violations

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.