Happy to report CDD violations...

Closed Thread
Old 08-26-2020, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensor17 View Post
Of all the worthwhile things in life to do it Seems a WASTE Of Life’s short time to go around neighborhood Looking to start trouble. They used to call such folks busybodies. Now it’s trolls.
May i suggest you spend time wisely on this Earth helping someone in a grief group at church get through loss of spouse Etc. OR offer a disabled neighbor help with getting groceries, or small cleanup OR go through your own closets/garage to give Items to Goodwill.
Exactly! Get a life and stay out of my neighborhood!
Old 08-26-2020, 07:29 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennyt View Post
I sat on the board of my neighborhood CDD in Tampa. I love deed restrictions as they help maintain property values. We had a committee who was assigned to periodically go through the community to report violations. This was very effective, was applied to every property equally and did not pit neighbor against neighbor. We were all volunteers.
ABSOLUTELY! I suggested this very same thing in previous Thread on this topic. Good to hear it seems to work there. I believe THIS would be equitable to both sides. I am on the NOT-ANONYMOUS side, but we should observe and control deed restrictions etc.
THIS is a perfect solution IMO.
Old 08-26-2020, 07:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,048 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
I am glad that one area voted to discontinue anonymous complaints. It's more American-like to be able to "face your accuser." Anonymous informing/trolling is so Communist like in nature.
Laws and rules in America ARE flexible in most cases. In the Villages, it does not seem to be the case. I often hear "well, a rule is a rule." Unfortunately, you can see in today's national news plenty of exceptions to that idea.
Thank goodness that my neighborhood does not have the same restrictions that many others do in The Villages. I have neighbors that have their own ideas on how to personalize their property and I find it interesting. I do not agree with those that feel that everything should be the same. Hopefully, that is not going to be construed as being "liberal."
I guess the old saying is true that "misery loves company" because I see many on here agree with the trolls. Don't get me wrong, I do believe in law and order. I just also believe in the idea that all laws and rules being flexible. One law does not require the same exact penalty. After all, we have judges that impose differing penalties to different violators every day. I have seen DUI violators get off with a fine and slap on the wrist. I have seen many violators get off with probation or a warning.
If you want to see a happy neighborhood, drive around until you see one that has yards that are personalized with no two being the same. I drove through a neighborhood recently where one person edged his landscaping with beer bottles. I found it interesting. Not my cup of tea but still interesting and original.
Please do not throw out that same old argument that if everyone did as they pleased, we would have old cars and trucks in front yards. Every situation deserves to be treated separately. If that truck or car does not bother the neighbors then it should not bother those of other neighborhoods that are visiting or just passing through. The local neighbors ought to have the final say, not some outsider.
Why is it that some areas have much more lenient deed restrictions than others? Does it bother you that they do not "conform" to your standards?
Give it a break. Live and let live, because truth be told it doesn't even matter. Why can't folks allow others some peace of mind in their twilight years?
Just a note, I have known folks that complain about deed violations that will walk their dog onto someone else's property to do it's thing. It just goes to show you how much respect they have for others; their neighbors. And yet, they want everyone to "conform."
The other day, a golf cart ran a stop sign and almost caused me to hit him. He did not even acknowledge his mistake. It made me wonder if this is one of the ones that believe in "law and order." He was not the only one. It seems there are many golf cart operators that do not believe that stop signs pertain to golf carts. But I digress.
Final thought; does someone's little gnome, cross or fake bird in their yard really matter that much to you? If so, a bit of introspection may be called for.
Be happy. If you can't, then fake it until it happens to you.
Very very well said
Old 08-26-2020, 07:39 AM
Default The answer to this problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
I will happily report and violations that occur when I see them. I have no problem using my full name and address.

If you don't agree then just don't violate the deed restrictions you agreed to when buying your house.

This isn't rocket science. There are people who don't like those who report them or others. They seem to feel it's their right even though they signed on the dotted line without coercion. They call people "troll's"...accuse them of being power hungry. The fact is they're in the wrong and don't like being called to account.

Perhaps moving to Seattle, LA, Detroit, DC or any other metropolitan area would be preferable.

I love it here and hope the "trolls" continue to act even if it means giving their name/address. If you have trouble with those that whine just give a call out. The common sense people will help you.

Fred Clark
To me, the way around this is that you have to live in the neighborhood that you are complaining about
Old 08-26-2020, 07:42 AM

I’m picturing both sides of this issue. The problem as I see it is that we shouldn’t have to be in this situation. You would think The Villages would hire 20-25 people who’s job it is to drive each Village, take pictures, and report at the end of their shift any violations. Otherwise why have anyone sign the deed restriction paper when they buy if your not going to patrol your property with your own inspectors for violations. What’s happening here is they are doing it the cheep way. Rely on us to spy and tell on each other. This should not have to be.
Old 08-26-2020, 07:44 AM
Default Designated complainer

I would not rat out my neighbors even if they painted their house purple.

However, maybe someone who feels strongly should post their phone number and agree to be the designated complainer. Then every person who objects to the occasional purple house could call their complaint into the designated complainer who would turn the offending homeowner.
Old 08-26-2020, 07:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

I just reported one this morning; some idiot put a “Biden” sticker on the gate arm where St. Charles exits to Buena Vista. Hard to see on the arm but for 25 years I was paid to see stupid things that stupid people do.
Old 08-26-2020, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
I will happily report and violations that occur when I see them. I have no problem using my full name and address.

If you don't agree then just don't violate the deed restrictions you agreed to when buying your house.

This isn't rocket science. There are people who don't like those who report them or others. They seem to feel it's their right even though they signed on the dotted line without coercion. They call people "troll's"...accuse them of being power hungry. The fact is they're in the wrong and don't like being called to account.

Perhaps moving to Seattle, LA, Detroit, DC or any other metropolitan area would be preferable.

I love it here and hope the "trolls" continue to act even if it means giving their name/address. If you have trouble with those that whine just give a call out. The common sense people will help you.

Fred Clark
100% Agree Mr. Clark
Royal Air Force Benson, England
Eielson Air Force Base, AK, Clark AFB, Philippines
Kadena AFB, Okinawa Japan, Yakota AFB, Japan
Osan AB, Pyeongtaek, South Korea, Yangsan Army Garrison, Seoul South Korea
Old 08-26-2020, 08:05 AM
Send a message via AIM to CCristella Send a message via Yahoo to CCristella

It's very sad that a 18" white cross would **** someone off.
Old 08-26-2020, 08:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

yup, certainly sounds like we moved to the friendliest home town anywhere around
Old 08-26-2020, 08:18 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
So you are OK with SOME violations unless you consider them to be serious?

What's minor to some may be major to others. How about we all just comply with the covenants we agreed to?
Then I’m sure those who consider it to be major will report it. OMG. Take a chill pill.
Old 08-26-2020, 08:19 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCristella View Post
It's very sad that a 18" white cross would **** someone off.
May not be the cross that irritates them, but only the fact that rules were broken.
Old 08-26-2020, 08:24 AM

Always easy to say there is no problem until it is the house next to you that has the toilet and old car in the front yard. Then the complaints start about the loss of home values and "someone" needs to do something. One thing that could be done is to hold contractors responsible for the infractions they are responsible for putting in place. Contractors can also have customers sign off on changes that break the deed restrictions and hold the resident responsible at that point.

The biggest thing is there are rules and ignorance of the rules is not an excuse especially when there are resources readily available to provide all the information you need.
Old 08-26-2020, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown View Post
I’m picturing both sides of this issue. The problem as I see it is that we shouldn’t have to be in this situation. You would think The Villages would hire 20-25 people who’s job it is to drive each Village, take pictures, and report at the end of their shift any violations. Otherwise why have anyone sign the deed restriction paper when they buy if your not going to patrol your property with your own inspectors for violations. What’s happening here is they are doing it the cheep way. Rely on us to spy and tell on each other. This should not have to be.
Totally agree.
We have lived here since 2007. The only complaint I ever made was the dumping of yard waste at the Sable Chase postal station after Irma. I called twice and spoke with Janet Tut. First time I called it was a large pile, second time I called the pile wrapped around the parking area and was as tall as the station.
Ms Tut told me they had posted a request that people NOT do that.
I inquired why since we were paying for yard waste removal and not getting the service, WHY couldn’t the Villages use that money to post employees at the various dumping grounds.
I don’t live in Sable Chase but I was quite offended but that particular sight.
So the poster is correct the Villages really does nothing that might cost them something.
The debris was not taken away till the pick up resumed.
I know, I know there was a problem all over the state with pick up, however that does not negate the continued allowance of dumping at postal stations. ESPECIALLY after complaints.
So to take the stance we need to keep the community standard so it will keep values up, how did THAT LOOK?
Old 08-26-2020, 08:30 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default Deed restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFER54 View Post
JUST SO YOU KNOW.....
CDD 5 supervisors vote to end anonymous complaint system.
I guess you’ll have to find something else to occupy your time. I suggest daily weeding of your property and cutting your lawn with scissors.
The ol’adage “careful what you wish for” sure applies here.

Tags
report, people, call, trolls, violations

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.