Korean War presentation

Closed Thread
Old 06-20-2014, 09:51 AM
Default Korean War presentation

I am a Korean War Historian, who would like to do a presentation on the Korean War. However, I need your help. If you like to see an extensive collection of Korean War Memorabilia and listen to a presentation on the Korean War, please contact The Village Recreational Department and inform them that you would like to see and listen to a Korean War presentation by Dwight Brown, a Korean Service Veteran.
I have been trying for over a year to schedule this presentation through The Villages Recreational Department with nothing but promises. I have given my presentation and shown my Korean War Memorabilia, through the Korean War Veterans Association (KWVA), to the local schools. I am sure this is a worthwhile and informative presentation and will interest every one of all ages.
Contact The Villages Recreational Department if you would like to see this presentation.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts
Default Hope you are successful with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydees1 View Post
I am a Korean War Historian, who would like to do a presentation on the Korean War. However, I need your help. If you like to see an extensive collection of Korean War Memorabilia and listen to a presentation on the Korean War, please contact The Village Recreational Department and inform them that you would like to see and listen to a Korean War presentation by Dwight Brown, a Korean Service Veteran.
I have been trying for over a year to schedule this presentation through The Villages Recreational Department with nothing but promises. I have given my presentation and shown my Korean War Memorabilia, through the Korean War Veterans Association (KWVA), to the local schools. I am sure this is a worthwhile and informative presentation and will interest every one of all ages.
Contact The Villages Recreational Department if you would like to see this presentation.
I see that the Armistice Day for the Korean War is on July 27.

Good luck with this. I have been to these kind of presentations at the Sumter County Library. They were done by the Friends of the Library. Not sure what the privatization of the Sumter County Library did with respect to the Friends of the Library Group. I hope that it made them a more significant player but you should call the Sumter County Library down in Pinellas Plaza to see if they might sponsor your presentation. You can also try the Rec Centers.

Pinellas Plaza Library, Address, Telephone # and Fax # he Villages Library of Pinellas Plaza
7375 Powell Rd, Wildwood, FL 34785 352-689-4580 FAX 352-689-4581

http://sumtercountyfl.gov/index.aspx?NID=660

On Korean War Veterans Armistice Day, former combatants reflect on the conflict that never officially ended | cleveland.com
Old 06-20-2014, 12:40 PM

Thank you for your reply. As stated in the original post, I have been trying for over a year to get The Villagers Recreational Department to assist me in putting on a Korean War presentation and all I got were promises.
This is why I am asking The Villages residence to contact The Villages Recreational Department and informing them that they would like to see the Korean War presentation by Dwight Brown.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:41 PM
Default Korean War presentation

For some of you who have read this post, I would like to invite you to the Korean War Group at the Eisenhower on Saturday June 21, 2014, at 2:00. I will have some of my Korean War Memorabilia at the group meeting. It should an interesting event.
Dwight Brown
352-205-8536
Old 06-21-2014, 08:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
For some of you who have read this post, I would like to invite you to the Korean War Group at the Eisenhower on Saturday June 21, 2014, at 2:00. I will have some of my Korean War Memorabilia at the group meeting. It should an interesting event.
Dwight Brown
352-205-8536
Hope you have fun there.
Old 06-21-2014, 11:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Dwight Brown
352-205-8536
According to the local paper that group is for Korean War Vets only . My research concerning my POW/MIA Uncle has taught me that there are many nieces and nephews of those who gave their all who have taken up the search for more info on their missing family member .

I hope that at some point the new organization invites the next of kin or survivors of those lost to attend the meetings .
For example the WWII History Group sets aside some time that is exclusively for Vets and then allows interested parties in to take part in their monthly program .
As a result they generally get a huge turn-out for their monthly program .
Old 06-21-2014, 06:11 PM
Default Korean War Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Jim View Post
According to the local paper that group is for Korean War Vets only . My research concerning my POW/MIA Uncle has taught me that there are many nieces and nephews of those who gave their all who have taken up the search for more info on their missing family member .

I hope that at some point the new organization invites the next of kin or survivors of those lost to attend the meetings .
For example the WWII History Group sets aside some time that is exclusively for Vets and then allows interested parties in to take part in their monthly program .
As a result they generally get a huge turn-out for their monthly program .
Your concern is noted. The Korean War Group is for Everyone, including those who lost family members during that tragic War. I attended the meeting today and there were 50 Veterans present. There were no individuals present of surviving Veterans. Although, I am sure if there were any individuals present, seeking information on their family members that served in the Korean War, they would have been welcome. I am also sure their concerns would have been answered.
Dwight Brown
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.