It has to be great to set your own rate

Closed Thread
Old 02-25-2021, 08:31 PM
Default New Hospital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
Is a "professional" poster someone who has a different opinion than you do?

I think people voted out the previous commissioners because there was a 25% tax increase. The EMS team ran on the promise of "rolling back" the 25% tax increase. So... they have to deliver. I am assuming the EMS team is realizing that is a lot more difficult to deliver now that they are in office.

I would bet many Villagers don't fully understand or care about impact fees... they just want to roll back that tax increase. I would also bet the same Villagers would be outraged if businesses or UF-Shands decided not to come to Sumter County because of the increase in impact fees. I'm not sure who is paying for the new Southern UF-Shands structure, but it was the Developer that negotiated that agreement and put forth that vision... not the commissioners.

The EMS team has to learn how to negotiate. The Developer has presented a vision of a new hospital, new schools (for all those workers we need) and non-Villages housing for workers. It would be disappointing to see all of those things go away because there was a stalemate between the commissioners and The Developer.
The hospital has been scheduled to be built in Lake County.
Old 02-25-2021, 08:48 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie0723 View Post
The OP's posts remind me of virgins talking about sex...
And you would know about that how?
Closed Thread

Tags
impact, county, developer, fees, tax

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.