Have you received packages NOT requested, possible scam

Closed Thread
Old 06-18-2021, 06:11 AM

Sounds like something the Cartel would do.
Old 06-18-2021, 06:44 AM

I once received a package labeled to me from Amazon with stuff I did not order. A small women’s sports Bra (I think) and a cheap pair of computer speakers. Amazon offered no help in understanding who ordered these things. Amazon was not interested in having the items returned and told me to do with them as I chose. I chose to toss the bra and keep the speakers.
Old 06-18-2021, 07:01 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Quicker way is to make a collect long distance call, or go to a gas station, where someone isn’t going to cut the card up.
Exactly. And why would it be something to send overseas and why have it sent to you? You didnt order it? Great. Keep it or throw it away. No one has packages deliered to a strange house to see if the credit card is valid. As stated, they ho to a gas station n pump some gas or buy some chips. I think the imagination is working ivertime here. Not everything is mysterious
Old 06-18-2021, 07:02 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFER54 View Post
Sounds like something the Cartel would do.
OMG. I hope thats a joke!!
Old 06-18-2021, 07:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
Exactly. And why would it be something to send overseas and why have it sent to you? You didnt order it? Great. Keep it or throw it away. No one has packages deliered to a strange house to see if the credit card is valid. As stated, they ho to a gas station n pump some gas or buy some chips. I think the imagination is working ivertime here. Not everything is mysterious
Maybe they just have the cc number but not the actual card.
Old 06-18-2021, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicTrucker View Post
I once received a package labeled to me from Amazon with stuff I did not order. A small women’s sports Bra (I think) and a cheap pair of computer speakers. Amazon offered no help in understanding who ordered these things. Amazon was not interested in having the items returned and told me to do with them as I chose. I chose to toss the bra and keep the speakers.
Same thing happened to me, twice. The 1st package from Amazon contained nice stuff (noise cancellation headphones and a stand for mobile phones/tablets and some misc stuff). I called Amazon to ask who sent them to me but they were no help. They told me to keep the items. I recently received another package that I did not order. It contained electrical connectors.
If this is part of a scam, I can't figure out what that is. My hunch is that is an error in an overloaded delivery/logistics system.
Old 06-18-2021, 07:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,048 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Quicker way is to make a collect long distance call, or go to a gas station, where someone isn’t going to cut the card up.
True but do not think that crooks have to pass an IQ test.
Old 06-18-2021, 08:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

A lot of these scams use what are called 'Mules.'
Most packages these days are tracked, and you get a notification of estimated time of arrival.
The 'Mule' waits for, and meets the courier at the address where goods have been directed, acts like the homeowner, accepts parcel, and moves on.
Qute simple and effective.
Old 06-18-2021, 08:07 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bragones View Post
Same thing happened to me, twice. The 1st package from Amazon contained nice stuff (noise cancellation headphones and a stand for mobile phones/tablets and some misc stuff). I called Amazon to ask who sent them to me but they were no help. They told me to keep the items. I recently received another package that I did not order. It contained electrical connectors.
If this is part of a scam, I can't figure out what that is. My hunch is that is an error in an overloaded delivery/logistics system.
Common "brushing" scam.
Amazon reviews have become useless now, unfortunately.
unordered package scam - Google Search
Old 06-18-2021, 08:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJackpot View Post
So, what happened to the packages? Do you know what was in them?
One package a weighted king size blanket, other package embossed leather equipment, both returned to suppliers instead of sender.
Old 06-18-2021, 09:12 AM
Send a message via AIM to newgirl

Someone stole my identity and used it to send a bunch of really $$$$ to Miami, called the police and they refused to even go to the address of the people that stole my life.
Old 06-18-2021, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicTrucker View Post
Same thing happened to me. I just kept the items, as they weren’t worth much. This happened over a year ago, but never again.
Old 06-18-2021, 09:57 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
We received pkg. not requested, contacted supplier not sender for shipping label return, next day received another package from different supplier but the same sender who we do not know. Come to find out, packages sent were charged to stolen credit card, packages would have been redirected to overseas. Both companies thanked me for contacting them. They would have been out merchandise and credit card charge, now just shipping charge.
Maybe it was from someone who scammed you in the past and scammed someone else to make it right with you.
Old 06-18-2021, 10:22 AM

I received a package this week from Hong Kong. It is a fly catcher. I have no idea why I got it and there are no instructions and I don’t have flies anyway. Right now it is on the shelf in the garage but I think I will just toss it.
Old 06-18-2021, 10:29 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
We received pkg. not requested, contacted supplier not sender for shipping label return, next day received another package from different supplier but the same sender who we do not know. Come to find out, packages sent were charged to stolen credit card, packages would have been redirected to overseas. Both companies thanked me for contacting them. They would have been out merchandise and credit card charge, now just shipping charge.
Shipping charge, I hope you didn’t pay it?
Closed Thread

Tags
received, packages, supplier, credit, shipping

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.